• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Underrated Games

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I would say Enslaved: Odyssey to the West was fairly underrated. The gameplay was good, it had interesting characters and a great story. I'm surprised it wasn't bigger.

Also the reboot of Prince of Persia a few years back. Even though it focused more on platforming rather than combat, I still really enjoyed it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I would say Enslaved: Odyssey to the West was fairly underrated. The gameplay was good, it had interesting characters and a great story. I'm surprised it wasn't bigger.

Also the reboot of Prince of Persia a few years back. Even though it focused more on platforming rather than combat, I still really enjoyed it.
They did a reboot of Prince of Persia?

Turo602

The King of Kings
They did a reboot of Prince of Persia?

Yep, it released in 2008. I personally didn't like it very much. Though, I find Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands to be very underrated. It's definitely the best in the series and just a fun game to play from beginning to end. I honestly don't understand how it hasn't gotten any recognition. I guess no one is really interested in Prince of Persia these days.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yep, it released in 2008. I personally didn't like it very much. Though, I find Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands to be very underrated. It's definitely the best in the series and just a fun game to play from beginning to end. I honestly don't understand how it hasn't gotten any recognition. I guess no one is really interested in Prince of Persia these days.
The only one I ever played was Sands of Time, which was a great game. I just knew they made two sequels after that. Didn't play 'em, but heard they were good.

Turo602

The King of Kings
The only one I ever played was Sands of Time, which was a great game. I just knew they made two sequels after that. Didn't play 'em, but heard they were good.

Yeah, The Two Thrones and The Warrior Within. Honestly, I find it extremely hard to play these games after playing The Forgotten Sands because they just feel so primitive in comparison. I got the trilogy on the PS3 and I was only able to complete the first game which did take me a while since I stopped playing it at one point. I started the second game but I don't really care to finish it. The Forgotten Sands has better flowing combat and great quality platforming both of which are heightened by the game's unique abilities.

Anyway, another game I find criminally underrated is Alan Wake. The game didn't find success until it was too late so now production on Remedy's much anticipated sequel has been brought to a halt. The gameplay was pretty simple but the design, enemies, soundtrack, and story is what really makes this game. Though not technically a survival horror game, the narrative is very Stephen King inspired while creating a sense of dread and isolation throughout most of its story. Ammunition and other helpful items are quite scarce too, encouraging players to use the environment as best they can to their advantage. Alan Wake is truly a hidden gem of the last generation.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, The Two Thrones and The Warrior Within. Honestly, I find it extremely hard to play these games after playing The Forgotten Sands because they just feel so primitive in comparison. I got the trilogy on the PS3 and I was only able to complete the first game which did take me a while since I stopped playing it at one point. I started the second game but I don't really care to finish it. The Forgotten Sands has better flowing combat and great quality platforming both of which are heightened by the game's unique abilities.

Anyway, another game I find criminally underrated is Alan Wake. The game didn't find success until it was too late so now production on Remedy's much anticipated sequel has been brought to a halt. The gameplay was pretty simple but the design, enemies, soundtrack, and story is what really makes this game. Though not technically a survival horror game, the narrative is very Stephen King inspired while creating a sense of dread and isolation throughout most of its story. Ammunition and other helpful items are quite scarce too, encouraging players to use the environment as best they can to their advantage. Alan Wake is truly a hidden gem of the last generation.
I keep hearing about this "Alan Wake" game. Everyone gives it SO much praise. I'd really like to try it.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Oh yea Alan Wake is a great game. I'd agree with Turo about it not really being a survival horror. It's more of psychological thriller if anything. Certain parts are kind of similar to Silent Hill but nowhere near as scary.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think the Trine games are really underrated, especially Trine 2. It's definitely the best looking side scrolling game I've ever played, the puzzles are great, it's awesome to play multiplayer and If you have a chance to play it in 3D do it, it's better than any 3D I've ever seen in the cinema.

Top Bottom