• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Any Boss Strategies?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Some good strategies for Salazar/Verdugo here, most of you thinks it's best to stay on the upper level right side.

echoey;61026 said:
Salazar and his Right Hand AKA the big creature hanging off the wall.

You can hide in the corner of the room on the top floor and none of his killer attacks connect, just stand in the corner make sure to shoot the weird thing coming out the wall and thats all you have to do.

Then when he comes out the shell shoot him with a sniper rifle or whatever yano just shoot him.

sala.jpg

re4epicfail;61043 said:
If you go down on the bottom level of that room there is an infinite spawn of facehugger plagas that drop a ton of ammo. i usually go down there to avoid his munch attack.

i just stand in front of him and just jump when i see the attack coming. and collect ammo for a little bit.:wacko:

La Femme Fatale;61044 said:
I think you're making it more difficult for yourself, the way Elmo explained it is really the best and it's so simple. I try to avoid the lower level at all costs, and it's quite easy to do so. Just keep to one side of Salazar (I usually keep to his right because it's a perfect view of his eye), shoot at his tenticle with the shotgun, usually just one shot will make it withdraw, (I) use the rifle to shoot his eye, and then when he opens up blast away. You just repeat the same thing a handful of times. It's so much easier than jumping down and climbing up.

re4epicfail;61045 said:
But im usually low on ammo by this point in the game because i like to unload my clip on anything that moves....jk but i am usually low on ammo, so it is nice to restock on handgun and TMP ammo.

echoey;61060 said:
Haha, Thats why I use the corner lol its a safer place to stand, because ammo is low you just hang back in the corner and hope the magnum ammo outside was enough to put Salazar down for good!

Using the RPG is another good way to beat that boss or any boss lol but the RPG takes up alot of inventory space which makes it hard to collect ammo lol but yeah haha the only reason I hide in the corner is because ammo is always low.

chrisheva;63338 said:
and, if you run out of ammo, just hide out under the top area, break the barrels, and keep killing the spider enemies.(sometimes, they drop ammo)

― However I've found a simpler and more straight forward way of doing it. When the battle commence, I just stand there with a Broken Butterfly in hand.

1) Shoot one bullet in each of the two side tentacles to make them go away.
2) Shoot the big eye. When you stand here, it's easy to hit it because you are so close. On normal difficulty, one bullet makes the head drop and Salazar is exposed. Standing right in front of Salazar makes him an easier target, and you are ready to open fire at the moment his shell opens up. When standing on the right side, I have to move a bit in order to get in a better position which takes a few seconds.
3) Change to TMP and unload 50-55 rounds until Salazar takes cover again.
4) Repeat until the 200 capacity magazine is empty and change to another gun. When 200 TMP bullets has hit him, it only takes about three magnum rounds to kill him.

I did not have any problems with his death-move (the teeth), maybe because he doesn't use that move right away. He will use it if I stay there too long, but I don't let him live that long.

I fought Salazar several times and to me both methods worked well, but this one I found the simplest and quickest.

But before I finished him off the last time, I killed 354 spider plagas, they are an easy source of ammo. It takes two Blacktail bullets to kill each of them, but in spite of that I had a surplus of 9mm.

A bit beside the subject, but:
- Did you know that neither Salazar/Verdugo nor the Snake (in the barrel after) counts as enemies killed? :huh: Weird.
- I slayed 404 enemies in this chapter (354 optional spiders), the total numbers of enemies slain so far in the game is 2095!! :eek:

It wasn't too difficult to keep the accuracy at 100% in this chapter. The total accuracy is 98%. :geek: *is slightly embarrassed over being a geek/nerd*
Died 0 times (total).

Devinelogic

I remember that I couldn't face doing the two garrador part in the castle with normal weapons so i used the rocket launcher that i got. Then I bought a rocket launcher for the fight with salazars right hand man and then again for salazar. I know its cowardly and cheap but i hated all those boss fights and wanted them over quickly. :p

Devinelogic

One great one that I forgot was, In the castle when you get ambushed with a cage, zealots, archers and a garrador. What I do, and this works every time, I skip the cutscene so the garrador hasn't fallen, then, when he does, throw a hand grenade. Its great because not only does it stun the garrador but it knocks the lock off the cage door so you can escape. I'm sure someone has thought of this before but this one is my fave :)

Devinelogic

Just one more. A great way to cheap saddler at the end is to save up hand grenades throughout the game. There are only a handful of scenarios throughout the game where i actually use them. It takes 1 hand grenade to bring him to his knees so you can knife his eye and about 8-10 grenades depending on the difficulty to get the cutscene where ada throws you the rocket launcher. I prefer this way to running around and throwing scaffolding at him :p I hope this one helps amongst all my others :p

Top Bottom