• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Any Boss Strategies?

re4epicfail

This is a tread wondering if you have any odd strategies to defeat any of bosses in RE4. Preferably strategies for a first-time run with regular upgrades for that point in that game.

NOTE: I do have my own strategies to beat any of the bosses, just wondering if there are any weird ones that i would like to try.
:D;)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
For Bitores Mendez, I cuddle with his beard and pet him. And suddenly I poke out his eye. That gives him panic and he flees.
Would you call this an odd strategy?

Haha, no I don't know of any weird strategies or tactics. What could that possibly be?
And if it works it's not weird; it's smart. :)

re4epicfail

Romero;61008 said:
For Bitores Mendez, I cuddle with his beard and pet him. And suddenly I poke out his eye. That gives him panic and he flees.

nice. that may just work. i'll have to try that.

All i have for Mendez is to load him full of grenades until he is at his second stage and then shoot him with the TMP until he falls then try to get in a shotgun blast.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
My real tactics for killing Mendez is to hide behind the pillar. From there I can shoot down through the pillar and hit him. This is for the first part of the battle. For the second part I just try to be where he is not and shoot him from some distance.

But this is a very normal tactic. I don't think there is any weird ways of killing any bosses.
I do have some weird ways of getting money, but not for killing bosses.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
re4epicfail;61012 said:
Weird ways for getting money? like shooting crows?
I do shoot crows but it was not what I had in mind lol. I earned a lot of money by farming. Yes, farming. :geek:

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Salazar and his Right Hand AKA the big creature hanging off the wall.

You can hide in the corner of the room on the top floor and none of his killer attacks connect, just stand in the corner make sure to shoot the weird thing coming out the wall and thats all you have to do.

Then when he comes out the shell shoot him with a sniper rifle or whatever yano just shoot him.

sala.jpg

bruno

Chief Researcher
echoey;61026 said:

You can hide in the corner of the room on the top floor and none of his killer attacks connect, just stand in the corner make sure to shoot the weird thing coming out the wall and thats all you have to do.

Then when he comes out the shell shoot him with a sniper rifle or whatever yano just shoot him.

If you kept the Rocket Launcher you found earlier in the Castle (if you havn't used it on the Verdugo you fight in the sewers), you can kill him with 1 rocket (once his body is exposed).

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
bruno;61029 said:
If you kept the Rocket Launcher you found earlier in the Castle (if you havn't used it on the Verdugo you fight in the sewers),
I sold the RPG and killed the Verdugo with the knife. :ninja:

bruno

Chief Researcher
The verdugo with the knife?? Man, how long did it take you? Are then enough canisters for that? lol. I usually use the rifle or magnum on him and save the RL to Salazar.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
bruno;61034 said:
The verdugo with the knife?? Man, how long did it take you? Are then enough canisters for that? lol. I usually use the rifle or magnum on him and save the RL to Salazar.
I was only bluffin'. :p
Thinking that the Verdugo is invulnerable to almost everything, the knife was a joke. I have not even met him in battle myself yet. I know a little about this monster only because I've read about it. It has 900 health points...

But I just searched, and apparently it IS possible to knife him. No canisters involved. :eek: Have a look at this video, some person kills it in 44 minutes. Youtube: Resident Evil 4 - Verdugo killed with knife.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wow... I wouldn't waste 44 minutes of my life trying to kill it. I usually take less than 5 minutes (you can leave the fight in half if you want, but i always kill it). I think the Island is the best part of the game... The greatest boss is U-3. You'll meet "It" later.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't wanna know too much, but can you say if I'll meet Verdugo in the castle or on the island?

re4epicfail

echoey;61026 said:

sala.jpg

If you go down on the bottom level of that room there is an infinite spawn of facehugger plagas that drop a ton of ammo. i usually go down there to avoid his munch attack.

i just stand in front of him and just jump when i see the attack coming. and collect ammo for a little bit.:wacko:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
re4epicfail;61043 said:
If you go down on the bottom level of that room there is an infinite spawn of facehugger plagas that drop a ton of ammo. i usually go down there to avoid his munch attack.

i just stand in front of him and just jump when i see the attack coming. and collect ammo for a little bit.:wacko:
I think you're making it more difficult for yourself, the way Elmo explained it is really the best and it's so simple. I try to avoid the lower level at all costs, and it's quite easy to do so. Just keep to one side of Salazar (I usually keep to his right because it's a perfect view of his eye), shoot at his tenticle with the shotgun, usually just one shot will make it withdraw, (I) use the rifle to shoot his eye, and then when he opens up blast away. You just repeat the same thing a handful of times. It's so much easier than jumping down and climbing up.

re4epicfail

But im usually low on ammo by this point in the game because i like to unload my clip on anything that moves....jk but i am usually low on ammo, so it is nice to restock on handgun and TMP ammo.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Haha, Thats why I use the corner lol its a safer place to stand, because ammo is low you just hang back in the corner and hope the magnum ammo outside was enough to put Salazar down for good!

Using the RPG is another good way to beat that boss or any boss lol but the RPG takes up alot of inventory space which makes it hard to collect ammo lol but yeah haha the only reason I hide in the corner is because ammo is always low.

The castle has alot of foes to wear your amunition thin, speshly the guys with syths because you cant headshot them, which is why I LOVE it when Leon does that move SUPLEXXX!!!

If you dont realise the full potential of that move I suggest you watch this video haha the video is called "Leon puts Kirt Angle to shame"

Top Bottom