• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

American Adults...!

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
I actually have a question, and perhaps it's a bit off topic but I wanted the answers to be in relation to the legal voting age in one's own country - do you think we should be able to vote before or after we're at the legal age in which to operate a motor vehicle?

If we're not considered 'adult' enough to vote in our country's elections at 18, what is it that makes us adult enough to be able to drive at 16?
good question and the only way i can answer is that i would assume its like stepping stones in life since we start working away from the family nest at around 18 so they let you drive for two years to give you some experience on the road before branching out into the world

Mr Sunshine

I always thought it was a bit early to drive at the age of 16. When I was at school I remember how certain classmates were eager to drive in order to look cool and ****. Ironically a brother of one from that group died some years later in a car accident.

Of course one could say again that there are mature/immature people no matter the age, but were are talking about human lives that one can take in split of a second. Better safe than sorry.

Here the driving age limit (like voting) is the age of 18 and I'm glad about that.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I always thought it was a bit early to drive at the age of 16. When I was at school I remember how certain classmates were eager to drive in order to look cool and ****. Ironically a brother of one from that group died some years later in a car accident.

Of course one could say again that there are mature/immature people no matter the age, but were are talking about human lives that one can take in split of a second. Better safe than sorry.

Here the driving age limit (like voting) is the age of 18 and I'm glad about that.
Here in my state you can drive at 14 (One more year for me!:cool:)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I actually have a question, and perhaps it's a bit off topic but I wanted the answers to be in relation to the legal voting age in one's own country - do you think we should be able to vote before or after we're at the legal age in which to operate a motor vehicle?

If we're not considered 'adult' enough to vote in our country's elections at 18, what is it that makes us adult enough to be able to drive at 16?
Here the age limit is 18, and I think the limit is 17 for driving if there is a "co-driver" that is 21 or older. The "co-driver" will be the legal driver of the car although he isn't actually driving.

16 is too young for driving license and sometimes I also think 18 is too young.

At the same time as the age limit is 18 for obtaining a driving license, it is 21 for buying liquor. How can people be trusted to drive in traffic - something that is a huge responsibility - if they can't be trusted a drink of liquor? The age limit for driving, liquor and voting should be the same. If that should be 18, 19, 20 or 21 I'm not sure.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium

The age rating system of the UK baffles me greatly - and a little of the USA as well. In the UK you can join the army at 16 but cannot vote until 18. You must be 21 to drink in the USA (I think?) but you can drive at 16 yet cannot vote until 18. In some countries you can legally have sex at the age of 14 and therefore, presumably, you are considered mature enough to bear children from that age.

How do people come to these conclusions regarding acceptable ages for things?

but in answer to your question, I personally think you should be legally an adult to drive AND vote. Both things, to me, are big responsibilities and should not be handed over to minors (no offence to anyone here).

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
The age rating system of the UK baffles me greatly - and a little of the USA as well. In the UK you can join the army at 16 but cannot vote until 18. You must be 21 to drink in the USA (I think?) but you can drive at 16 yet cannot vote until 18. In some countries you can legally have sex at the age of 14 and therefore, presumably, you are considered mature enough to bear children from that age.

How do people come to these conclusions regarding acceptable ages for things?

but in answer to your question, I personally think you should be legally an adult to drive AND vote. Both things, to me, are big responsibilities and should not be handed over to minors (no offence to anyone here).
......You can have kids before you can vote?............

.....??????

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
But in answer to your question, I personally think you should be legally an adult to drive AND vote. Both things, to me, are big responsibilities and should not be handed over to minors (no offence to anyone here).
I agree. The rate of teen-driving accidents astounds me and I honestly don't believe you're mature enough at sixteen to drive, let alone fourteen. (Hell some people aren't even mature enough at eighteen but that's another story.)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I agree. The rate of teen-driving accidents astounds me and I honestly don't believe you're mature enough at sixteen to drive, let alone fourteen. (Hell some people aren't even mature enough at eighteen but that's another story.)
I agree. But at the same time I think it's fine that pre-school kids drive all sorts of motorized vehicles as long as nobody but their parents know about it. See, I may not necessarily live as I preach. :oops:

Top Bottom