• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All-time Favorite Characters

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I've been thinking of new discussions for us, since I've been back. I can't remember if we already had a thread like this before, or not. If we did then it's lost in the depths lol.

Simple. Tell us who your favorite characters are. They can be from video games, tv shows, movies, books, etc. Tell us why they're your favorite. If you want, you can even include a picture of your favorites.

I'm going to wait and add my favorite characters later.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange
Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop
Rick Deckard from Blade Runner
Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution
R.P. MacMurphy from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
R.J. MacReady from The Thing (1982)
Eikichi Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka
Al Swearengen from Deadwood
Wario from The Super Mario Series

e_etu

Soram ~
Lei Fang - Doa
Ling xiaoyu - Tekken
Rayman - Rayman series
Storm - X men
Rochelle - Left for dead.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Lagertha (Vikings)
vikings_earl_lagertha1-1_zps6wjhlksw.jpg
Legend says that Lagertha was a shield maiden from what is now Norway. So if she really existed, I'm not sure you could refer to her as a character but the show's version of her is magnificent. I admire Lagertha in many ways. She's strong, graceful, intelligent, wise, and a great warrior. Not to mention she's drop dead gorgeous! She's a woman that should certainly never be underestimated. She endured physical and mental abuse from her second husband, eventually killed him, and became Jarl, or chieftain if you prefer. She's one of the most interesting characters on the show and I am always left wanting to know more about her.

Ragnar Lothbrok (Vikings)
superthumb_zpsuwpv6xlf.png
What led me to watch this show, was reading things about the legendary Norse ruler himself, Ragnar Lodbrok. He's said to have been a Danish king and hero. The show's version has stayed pretty close to how the poetry and sagas describe him. In the show, he is the first amongst Northmen (vikings) to discover a new way of navigating the waters. This leads to their discovery of the West and so begins their raids into England.

Ragnar is an incredibly ambitious man and always seems to be atleast one step ahead of everyone else. He maintains that he is a decendent of Odin and I'm actually wondering whether he is or not. Where most fail, he always succeeds. And he is an excellent warrior.

And he likes baby goats, which is super cute. Imagine..some tough Viking guy, holding and petting a baby goat. It's the cutest thing ever.

It is said that Ragnar Lodbrok was thrown into a pit of snakes by King Ælle, of Northumbria. His sons end up tearing England a new one with an army comprised of Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian vikings who unite under one banner to avenge Ragnar's death. This army was called The Great Heathen Army.

Seriously, before I get carried away about this character (trust me, I will), he is probably my number one lol.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Ok, so my favourite characters are all basically the same type of person, mainly people that care about others and are kind while also being kickass at the same time. I just feel like I can relate to those people the most. There might be a few exceptions though.

Claire Redfield - duh
Beth Greene - The Walking Dead
Daryl Dixon - The Walking Dead
Aqua -Kingdom Hearts
Andrew Wells - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
Michael Scofield -Prison Break
Robert Langdon - Dan Brown books
Niki Sanders - Heroes
Hitomi - DOA

There are probably more that I can't think of right now but I think that may be my top 10 favourite characters.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The_Scarlet_Witch.jpg
I've always loved Wanda Maximoff/the Scarlet Witch; ever since I could remember she's been a favorite of mine from cartoons to video games to the actual comics. She's super duper uber powerful but there's also a certain innocence about her that I really love. She's kind and caring but she can also hold her own should the need arise.

I think I really fell in love with her character during the Force Works run that came out in the 90's, though. She was put into a leadership role, which was new for her character as she had previously been used as merely an overpowered plot device and romantic interest for the unattached male characters of the Avengers. This leadership role would show everyone a different side to her character, a side that was truly take charge and self-aware of not only her powers but her ability to lead and run a team. I was extremely sad when this character development was sort of forgotten and thrown to the wayside during Avengers Disassembled but, though House of M, the event that depowered the majority of Earth's mutant population, disappointed many it did not disappoint me. It was an excellent showcase for her abilities, abilities that are often overlooked by many a writer, and the innocent sometimes child-like nature at the very core of this character that all too often gets ignored.

Yes, this one merits a video.
Alrighty just go with me on this one. George of the Jungle was one of my favorite cartoons back in the day so I was more excited than anyone can imagine when this movie was made. Now I understand that it got, and still gets, a good deal of flack but I loved this movie and what it did for George's character. In the cartoon George was a goofy but lovable jungle man that you just can't help but like but the movie really took that to a whole new level.

Brendan Fraser seriously captured the essence of what George is and somehow found a way to transform what the cartoon was to the big screen. (I honestly can't think of any media-turned-movie that executes perfect character transition like this particular movie does.) Somehow in the transformation, though Fraser added a generous amount of depth to George's character that makes him more real and relatable and even a bit more serious.

Don't get me wrong! George is still that lovable, vine swinging, tree smashing goofball that we know and love but he's also a man who is learning how to be a man, not an ape. He's learning about romantic feelings and being around his own kind, what's socially acceptable, etc. Seeing George as he learns new things and even stumbles over what he doesn't quite understand is astounding; you would actually believe that Fraser is a clueless jungle man being introduced to the world for the first time and the portrayal adds layers and a certain gravity to the character without damaging the integrity of the original work. (In fact it may even add to it when you take into account just how much depth this character can have in the right hands.) And George is so innocent and sweet that it's hard to just not totally fall in love with him and become emotionally invested in his journey because the character just gets to you and stays with you.

And of course it doesn't hurt that George just so happened to look amazing in a loin cloth either but that's neither here nor there.
Okay I lied. It's totally here and there.
tumblr_mrofpbnkR21qbryypo2_250.gif

Flipqy42

Nevermore
The Doctor from Doctor Who (specifically, his 9th, 10th and 11th face). He's just awesome, plus those three are the hottest. I'm just about to watch Capaldi's run, so perhaps I'll like him too.
ce1.jpg

200px-Tenth_Doctor_b.jpg

Angel from Buffy/Angel. He pulls the "tortured vampire" way better than anybody else. And he gets a million points for not sparkling.
resized_pdvd_001_copy2.jpg
Bill and Nick from Left 4 Dead. Bill's a badass grandpa and Nick is a sarcastic asshole. What's not to love?
bill-1.jpg

Henry Townshend and Heather Mason from Silent Hill. Henry is so under appreciated, it isn't funny. Sure he's as expressive as a lamp, but he isn't batsh*t insane like some of the other protagonists. And Heather is one of the few realistically attractive badass women in gaming.
566670-sh4henry2.jpg

Crowley from Supernatural. He's a smug prick who's the King of Hell and constant ally/enemy of the Winchester Bros. Again, what's not to love?
supernatural-crowley1.jpg
Yami Bakura and Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! These two have been against each other since Ancient Egypt. They have silly hair, sexy voices and are badass when it comes to winning (and almost winning, in Bakura's case)
229px-YamiBakura.png

Yami-Yugi-yu-gi-oh-guys-20881406-500-382.jpg
Gary Oak from Pokemon. Best rival, hands down. Sure he's an asshole, but he mellows out and becomes Ash's friend (lover in a lot of the fanfics I've read)
Gary-gary-oak-16465183-640-480.jpg
Medusa and Stein from Soul Eater. Best female villain ever, followed closely by Glados, imo. And Stein is a creepy mother f*cker, but get him in battle and he's the second most badass fighter in the show (the first being Death, obviously)

dr-stein-soul-eater-dr-stien-28679594-500-281.jpg

I've used the term "badass" quite a bit haven't I? Oh well :p

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
tumblr_mvpx4ukZgf1qjn01ro10_r1_250.gif
tumblr_inline_mlce7gscv41qz4rgp.gif
I won't lie and pretend that I know anything about the DC comic-verse because I really don't. I mean I know some things but DC wasn't my preference as a kid so I didn't follow it or its characters as closely as I did Marvel so I'm pretty ignorant about the actual "canon comic-verse." I also have to say that when I do venture into DC territory I mainly check in on Gotham and see how things are over there, especially since DC broke up Black Canary/Green Arrow. There was one thing I did keep up with as a kid, though: JLU!

While there were a few things I didn't quite enjoy about this show, two things really stood out for me: Hawkgirl and Flash. Now I really only know the barest of details about Shayera and Wally and what I do know doesn't really give any insight into how close the two are to their comic counterparts but I loved them in this cartoon.

Hawkgirl was badass, confident and she carries a freaking MACE! There's also her dry humor and cutting wit to take into account and I honestly loved her one liners and out of the way remarks. On the other end of the spectrum is Flash, who is just goofy and lovable, your basic comedic-relief character, but he can really straighten up and fly right when the occasion calls for it. It also helps that these two had their own special chemistry. Whether you see it as familial or romantic, it doesn't matter; these two are matching wits and exchanging good-natured barbs more often than not and they make for some nice entertainment between saving the world and all that jazz.
Plus it was a nice break from the lovesick fool Wonder Woman was over Batman in this show. :unimpressed:

EDIT
@tremor: Our spoilers are the two hottest spoilers out there. ;)

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Man, this is going to be a list!

1. Goku - Dragon Ball Z - As someone who grew up without a father, this was the 6 year old me's ideal father figure, and my ideal hero even to this day.

2. Spider-Man - I can really relate to Peter Parker. Nerd. Bullied at school. No Parents (No dad mentioned before, and my mom left when I was twelve). Wiseguy, even when he shouldn't be. All of the struggles I had, plus superhero struggles. But he always overcame.

3. Leon S. Kennedy - He's the epitome of cool, and one of my favorite characters to cosplay.

4. Indiana Jones - I really don't have a reason. He's just awesome.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog - Just another personal hero like Goku. A strong sense of justice. Wise guy attitude, and above all, a need for speed. In high school track and field was my thing, and corny as it sounds, Sonic was an inspiration, and part of the credit should go to him for the records I hold...

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
images

Jim Gordon
from Gothom: Simply put he is Leon from an alternatve world where the events of Resident evil never happened.

images

Arya Stark
from Game of thrones: She is BAD Ash and GOOD Ash at the same time.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
1.Adam Jensen ( DXHR)
2.Albert Wesker ( RE series)
3.Norman Jayden ( Heavy Rain)
4.Dante ( DMC series)
5.Gaius Balesar ( FF XIV)
6.Raiden ( MGR Revengeance)
7.Serph ( SMT DDS)
8.Garrus Vakarian ( Mass Effect)
9.Lighting ( FF XIII)
10.Ace ( Final Fantasy T0)

On some of them i still crush too :)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
1.Adam Jensen ( DXHR)
2.Albert Wesker ( RE series)
3.Norman Jayden ( Heavy Rain)
4.Dante ( DMC series)
5.Gaius Balesar ( FF XIV)
6.Raiden ( MGR Revengeance)
7.Serph ( SMT DDS)
8.Garrus Vakarian ( Mass Effect)
9.Lighting ( FF XIII)
10.Ace ( Final Fantasy T0)

On some of them i still crush too :)
Got any favourite characters from film or TV?

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Got any favourite characters from film or TV?

I have not soo much of them as i barely watch television since one aviable in mine Country have borning TV schledules and very rare new shows are showed so I would get any TV characters to like :(, I also rarerly watch movies too.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Superman - He's the original, the most iconic, and still the most powerful superhero around. When I was a kid, I was all about Superman but now that I'm older, there's a lot more to appreciate about him. Many people like to write off Superman as a boring and overpowered character, but those people would be dumb. He still very much struggles in combat as he does trying to fit in with a society he doesn't feel a part of. Something I'm sure many people can relate to. But what I like about The Man of Steel most, is that beyond his god-like power, deep inside he is someone we should all strive to become. He is the light and hope in a flawed and ignorant society.

Batman - Now if Superman is what humans should strive to be one day, Batman is what we can become. He's the Malcolm X to Superman's Martin Luther King. Now I know people out there like to pass off Batman as a rich boy who's super power is money, but they'd be very misinformed. While true, his gadgets are a product of his good fortune, the reason he finds himself on top of most any obstacle he faces has very little to do with his gadgets but his brains and physical skills. Plain and simple, Batman makes you proud to be a human while most people fantasize about unreachable super powers. Not to mention that everything Batman practically touches is gold. Whether it's the Nolan trilogy, the Arkham games, or The Animated Series. I swear, I don't think anyone has a great a track record as he does. He's got an amazing rogues gallery only rivaled by Spider-Man and plenty of iconic and memorable stories.

Master Chief
- What Luke Skywalker is to film, Master Chief is to gaming. He is arguably the last gaming icon in the league with Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man. He's got armor that'll put Boba Fett to shame, a Clint Eastwood personality, and still very much a mystery. The purpose of Master Chief was for the player to put himself in his shoes, so he didn't really have a face for a while. He was an empty character who's thoughts weren't exactly clear and spoke very minimally, often times to deliver kick ass one liners before doing something crazy. It's that kind of unpredictability that makes Master Chief as a character fun to watch. You never know what he's going to do next or what situation lies ahead. He's very much a go with the flow kind of guy yet he always comes out victorious whether he's fighting parasitic life forms or an alien armada. Just to put it simple, Master Chief is the definition of pure badassery.
halo4.jpg

Freddy Krueger - Slasher movie monsters have always been portrayed as physical threats, usually the silent type, some of them have even had sympathetic origins, like Jason who was bullied and drowned as a child. But Freddy Krueger was the complete opposite. As a man, he was a child molester, and as a monster, he doesn't have the most threatening physique and he sure loves to talk. While he may not be a big brute like Michael Myers or Leather Face, he is definitely the most frightening of them all because he gets you in your sleep. It's something every human can relate to. We all have to sleep at some point and we've all had nightmares. I think he is honestly the most creative movie monster ever. He's just fun to watch because every kill is creative and surreal. He even has some of the best one liners and sometimes even mixed with some self mutilation which just makes him even more creepier. We've definitely come a long way since Frankenstein's Monster.
445590167_tumblr_mekp0mg57x1rlxy05o1_500_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Triple H - He isn't called The Game, The King of Kings (this is actually my user title), or The Cerebral Assassin for nothing. The guy looks like he's out of Greek mythology, wields a sledgehammer, comes out to Motorhead, and is just all around one of the greatest and most badass performers in the WWE. He's been a prominent force since the days of Rock and Austin and while they were the favorites, Triple H has always been the better wrestler and the perfect heel for the likes of The Rock and John Cena to overcome. He's the villain you love to hate because he's so damn cool and unlike most other cowardly heels, he always has a plan. Whether he wins, loses, or is degrading your favorite superstar, you can't help but like what you're seeing simply because it's Triple H being Triple H.
7124183031_c58d19b577.jpg

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think that Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones/a Song of Ice and Fire is quite possibly one of the most complicated and complex fictional characters ever written and for this reason he's unquestionably one of my favourite. He begins the story as probably the worst excuse for a human being ever - between siring a sociopath with his twin sister and pushing a boy out the window for catching them in the act - I mean, Mr. Congeniality if there ever was one. But when he loses the one thing that made him what he is and grows and develops as a character - the change is remarkable and he went from being my least to my favourite character.

Despite how entirely unlikable she is as well, I am probably one of the only people in the world who actually likes Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones (but not in a Song of Ice and Fire because she's more of a cookie-cutter villain in the books). I hated Cersei until this scene in the first season with Robert. I emphasize with her more than I should because that scene gave me chills - tweak some of the details and it could have easily been a conversation I've had with the only guy I've ever really had feelings for. It's eery and it made me super uncomfortable, but I've found it difficult to hate her since.

I'm a sucker for strong, powerful female characters... so I love Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs, Eowyn from Lord of the Rings (book only, I thought the actress was boring as hell), the Bride from Kill Bill, and Regina from Dino Crisis - who I think is only a million times for likeable than just about any RE character.

Lastly, I also appreciate the Phantom from Phantom of the Opera and Jareth from Labyrinth because David Bowie.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Okay, before I show you my list, let me assure you that I am not sexist. But for some reason the characters I like most always turn out to be women. So get ready for my amazon brigade!

I'd like to start with the single most perfect and amazing character in the history of movies:

ALICE (Resident Evil movies)

... kidding, KIDDING!! Put away the knives! Enough fooling around, here they are (in no particular order):

1) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
I realise it's a little awkward to say that you like Lara Croft these days, because there are at least three different versions of her. Well, I don't care, I love them all, mostly because of how profoundly that woman with the twin pistols has influenced me since the day she saw the light of day. She took this videogame world filled with mostly male heroes, where female characters only existed to be saved by the aforementioned heroes, and turned it upside down.

2) Natla (Tomb Raider)
My favourite female videogame villain, although it took a remake of her first game to make me realise that. Smart, powerful and always a step ahead, with an intriguing back-story.

3) Cate Archer (No One Lives Forever)
A female spy in the 60's, quick-witted, well-dressed and cool. What has always fascinated me the most about her is her tendency to get into the most impossible life-threatening situations, and out again without a scratch, but not in some unrealistic manner like in Resident Evil, where people just fall down fifteen stories and don't even get hurt, but by using her brain and disguised gadgets. I think I fell in love with her the moment she started throwing explosive lipsticks around.

4) Grumpy Cat
I realise the real cat is nothing like the character they created for the media, but it's that fictional character I'm talking about. She's just awesome.

5) Elsa (Frozen)
My favourite Disney princess from my favourite Disney movie of all time. Many people find Frozen overrated as hell, and with the media constantly shoving it down our throats, I can understand where they're coming from. But I just love Elsa's personality and emancipated attitude, especially considering that she's a Disney princess, and her song "Let it go" could have been written by or for me, that's how well I can identify with it.

6) Sue Sylvester (Glee)
Another villain for a change. She's so comically and ridiculously evil, I don't even know where to start. With her one-liners and nicknames for other characters, she just steals everybody's show.

7) Shannon Beiste (Glee)
A big female rugby coach with a preference to chicken meat who shows us that a woman doesn't have to be young, thin and pretty to be beautiful and strong. Unfortunately what they've done with her in the sixth season pretty much throws away everything her character used to stand for, but since said season has messed up quite a few things, I'd say let's just ignore it.

8) Elizabeth Bennet (Pride & Prejudice)
The coolest 19th century female I know. Witty, intelligent and unwilling to bow down to unreasonable authority figures, I suppose she was written as some kind of role model for women in Jane Austen's time period, but she's not flawless either, being stubborn, a horrible judge of character and filled with prejudices (hence the name of her novel). But those flaws are part of what makes her so interesting.

9) Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
Suzanne Collins has managed to create what I call a realistic heroine. She's clever, she can fight, she leads the rebellion and never gives up even when the odds are not in her favour, but she's still human, and all she really wants is to survive. Fittingly, I always think of her when I hear the song "I will survive".

An honourable mention goes to Felicity Smoak (Arrow) and Barry Allen (Flash), who I like for pretty much the same reasons, but they're especially adorable when put in the same room.

You might have noticed that I didn't include any Resident Evil characters in my list. Well, while I think that many of them are interesting and have great potential, that potential isn't really used most of the time, so I wouldn't call any of them my all-time favourites.

ArabPikachu

My #1 favorite fictional character would be Captain Commando (Capcom's original mascot) and I'd like to make a long story short in proclaiming why that's the case.

captain_commando.png

I was introduced to this character when starting to play Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super-Heroes on my Sega Dreamcast as a pre-teen. With assistance from 3 teammates (as part of the Commando Team), Captain Commando managed to liberate the entire universe from rampant crime by defeating the Super Criminal leader, Genocide.

On another note, I made this poem in honor of him:

Top Bottom