• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 All This Racism Talk

Chey Jade

Nobody complained about the first three games being set in America. Seeing as how the games were made by Japanese people, they MUST be anti-American!

I can just see them now, sitting in their paper-walled offices, drinking sake and wearing Hello Kitty shirts, trying to think up ways to work the phrase 'Death to America' into the game somehow.

freakin' terrorists..

/sarcasm

ResiDude

[quote author=Chey Jade link=topic=543.msg20307#msg20307 date=1232723519]
Nobody complained about the first three games being set in America. Seeing as how the games were made by Japanese people, they MUST be anti-American!

I can just see them now, sitting in their paper-walled offices, drinking sake and wearing Hello Kitty shirts, trying to think up ways to work the phrase 'Death to America' into the game somehow.

freakin' terrorists..

/sarcasm
[/quote]

lol. Now I can't stop imagining that! :p

weskerfan

these people are acting like it isnt possible for a black guy to get infeccted.well guess what?IT IS!SO GET USED TO IT!(and its a bit scary too)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
its just media frenzy, trying to stir things up before the release, as in an everyday life, we have to be politically correct or we get a** raped by the government, so now the idea that a game has black people being the enemy its like "OMG suddenly capcom turned racist" im willing to bet theres an african american working for capcom.
also RE5 is not the first game in history to feature a group of black/indian/chinese being the enemy is it.

if anyone is genuinely offended by killing black zombies, then my tip for them is to not buy the game...simple as that.

Hollow-Words

No offense or anything to anyone or anything~~~
BUT...
Like haven't we killed enough white zombies??...don't you think it's time to change things a bit??...I mean white people used to be the main targets for games and also victims...there are games with black people shotting white people, don't see anyone complain about that yet~~~

aintnoscrub

Premium
its a load of bull**** if you ask me, if the critics who are claiming racism had there way, we'd all be playing singstar or some crap..you know something for the kids.

Hoady

[quote author=iHadeSsS link=topic=543.msg20565#msg20565 date=1232993888]
its a load of bull**** if you ask me, if the critics who are claiming racism had there way, we'd all be playing singstar or some crap..you know something for the kids.
[/quote]

*shrugs*.Jeez it makes you think how kids are going to grow and man up the way this overprotective crap for kids is going i even read that authorities wanted to ban sea shells from the beach as it would cut kids feet...I assure you i watched plenty of violent movies and scary movies that scared me as a kid but they were the best experiences and i didn't turn into a freak either because i was brought up right.How will anyone protect themselves if they've learnt to grow up with these overprotective paranoid *****.

Anyway the racism thing is just beyond stupid i think they should do a survey and ask how the hispanics(spanish and mexican alike)feel about Resident Evil 4 and if it was rascist at all.I'm sure the high majourity will say it wasn't racist at all.

Puta!

aintnoscrub

Premium
like i said in an earlier post, in todays life you have to be 100% politically correct or someone somewhere will be screaming you're a racist.
its just how life is nowadays.
you have to watch what you say/what you do and how you act.

i can only fear how kids being born into this time will grow up like :( censored movies on tv, the age ratings in cinema will go up agian i bet.
anything considered to real and shocking for the public will be kept a secret.:/

Hoady

[quote author=iHadeSsS link=topic=543.msg20658#msg20658 date=1233028500]
like i said in an earlier post, in todays life you have to be 100% politically correct or someone somewhere will be screaming you're a racist.
its just how life is nowadays.
you have to watch what you say/what you do and how you act.

i can only fear how kids being born into this time will grow up like :( censored movies on tv, the age ratings in cinema will go up agian i bet.
anything considered to real and shocking for the public will be kept a secret.:/
[/quote]

Its sad i know i just don't try to pay attention to politics or the media they can never make up there mind and people believe there constant crap.You should try reading a newspaper in Western Australia the amount of pointless,pathetic decisions our state is making is really killing us.The censorship is horrible here we don't have an R18+ for videogames because of one ****** who says"people don't need to play violent video games when they can enjoy themselves in other ways"*playing wii tennis with a fat grin on his face*(seriously).

There also trying to censor the internet...I would like to kill everyone of these bastards in politics(except for peter garrett)we could be so much better...

Hoady

[quote author=wesker-alive link=topic=543.msg20780#msg20780 date=1233082588]
(drops to knees)WHEN WILL IT END!?
[/quote]

It never ends!

ResiDude

I haven't heard anything about the whole racism thing in a while so I'm guessing it's over...

Otherwise... they're waiting to strike on March 12th lol.

Hoady

[quote author=ResiDude link=topic=543.msg21112#msg21112 date=1233351245]
I haven't heard anything about the whole racism thing in a while so I'm guessing it's over...

Otherwise... they're waiting to strike on March 12th lol.
[/quote]

The media are silent now but no doubt they will pound us with as much force as rambo punching someone in the heart.Then they can make a television poll at 9:00 in the morning so only really old people know about it and it gives them something to complain about.We're not in a good position here guys.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Just be glad Jack Thompson isn't backing them now.

By the way... I've been thinkin' in the early trailers it was just Chris... after the racism talk got big Sheva showed up... you guys gettin' my drift?
Not that I mind her, but there's just something about blazing through hoarde after hoarde by yourself that's better. What do you guys think about this. Sheva wasn't in the original trailers.

InfadaStone

[quote author=A_Wesker123 link=topic=543.msg14468#msg14468 date=1222451709]
I agree that the media have been trying to stir things up. It's not like everyone complained about Resi4 even though you go around shooting spanish people in a village :-\
[/quote]

Agreed. People just have an obsession with the Blacks Vs Whites thing.
Latin is also a race.

Trinity

Blah..people always find an excuse to do something with their boring
little life..If it wasn't racism (and it isn't) in vidio games,it would be some
other thing...Stupid people simply can't get out of the box :D
Zombies should be treated equally..black and white..If they weren't
..well that would be just zombisam hahaha

JuneOcelot

all this racist talk makes me depresed, i hate all the haterd that comes with racism over tiny little things

Ryan

It really ****ing annoys me that in all the other RE games the biggest amount of Zombies have been white and then when he start shooting Black people and everything is all racist!? And the thing is, there are lots of Black people out there who don't give a ****, who just want to sit back and enjoy a great game. Some people just bug the **** out of me.

aintnoscrub

Premium
the racism talk has died down now, but i do agree, just because it features black characters, suddenly capcom has turned into the KKK.:confused:its good there finally using different races and culters in their games, shows us that they are not going to stick to the stereotypical white zombie.

Top Bottom