• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 All This Racism Talk

davesafc1991

im sick to the back teeth of the new Resident Evil 5 racism Talk. Youtube has been crawling with comments and video replys to it. Point is it isnt black people that have complained its the media thay are ultimate kill joys.

A_Wesker123

The Original
I agree that the media have been trying to stir things up. It's not like everyone complained about Resi4 even though you go around shooting spanish people in a village :-\

A_Wesker123

The Original
^ Yeah exactly. What people need to realise is that it's just a game.

It's not designed to provoke racism or hate in any way

Sephiroxas

A video game is a video game, and real life is real life. It's not like it's a live homemade video of some guy killing a bunch of black people.

juelz2

this topic honestly ****es me off im black and i dont seem to have a problem. no one complained about re4. this whole racism thing is just stupid >:(

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
its utter ****e, aload of media attention has caught RE5, if there really was an outbreak like this, every race/colour would be in trouble.
plus its a video game, its not like its really happening.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
How comes no one was moaning about Resident Evil 4, when all those mexicans where getting killed. (I think there mexican)

There was no racism in RE4, and RE5 is the same, just because there black its racism? it's Coz you know Mexicans are safe as houses it didnt get classed as a racist game, an then as soon as black people start dying at the masses theres a problem? F that.

If people have a problem with Black people then they are the real problem behind racism.

Its a game they arnt even real haha. fiction should not be classed as racism.

Me being 1/3 Turkish ive never understood the whole Racism idea, its never been a problem.
*shrug*

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
[quote author=RE5. link=topic=543.msg15404#msg15404 date=1225840000]
How comes no one was moaning about Resident Evil 4, when all those Spaniards where getting killed. (

There was no racism in RE4, and RE5 is the same, just because there black its racism? it's Coz you know Spaniards are safe as houses it didnt get classed as a racist game, an then as soon as black people start dying at the masses theres a problem? F that.

If people have a problem with Black people then they are the real problem behind racism.

Its a game they arnt even real haha. fiction should not be classed as racism.

Me being 1/3 Turkish ive never understood the whole Racism idea, its never been a problem.
*shrug*
[/quote]
I edited it seeing as the villagers were Spaniards :)

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
So there Spanish! ah of course! but its a valid point yargh? theres no racism to the spanish

A_Wesker123

The Original
This is actually one of the most discussed topics about Resi 5 around the world.

It really is pathetic. No-one complained about Resi 4 and no because its set in Africa its racist all of a sudden?

I think that this topic should just be left to gather dust. It's one of those things where the more everyone talks about it the worse attention it's gonna get ;D :)

Hoady

Yeah its pretty appualing i mean to make up for it there putting in people foreign to Africa and honestly i think it may ruin the illusion of the game.In Resident Evil 4 it was all spanish people if i started seeing people from Africa or Australians going"Oi come ere mate!"i would've thought "ugggh...what?"do you see where i'm coming from.

But its pretty ridiculous alot of people claiming it to be rascist aren't even black so i don't know why everyone thinks killing a few spaniards is fine.Bloody hypocrites.

shoheeb

it ain't racist. It's right. If they want to set it in Africa why the hell would they make everyone caucasian (white). And it is very unlikely that blacks dissolve when they die. So what's wrong with a black man getting infected?

ResiDude

If you ask me, I'd say it's more racist not having black zombies. They've been white since the very start so surely it's more racist to have no black zombies at all, as if they are different.

And what else do they want, it's Africa for god's sake! I'd be annoyed if they weren't black.

Top Bottom