• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 About Barry's E-Mail to Chris...

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
So I've made the effort to translate the original Japanese text into english, plus transcription in Romaji (Latin letters)

It was helluva work, but it was a good exersice for my Japanese as I'm still learning the language.

Unfortunately, there was one sentence I couldn't translate, but the rest wasn't that hard.

Note: Some sentences can be easily translated into indo-european languages, but some sentences require an interpretation, since they wouldn't make any sense in english or german or any other indo-european language.

But enough talk. Have fun reading ;)

クリスへ
Kurisu e
To Chris

アフリカでの任務から帰還したと聞いた。ご苦労だった。
Afurika de ninmu kara kikanshita to kiita. Gokurō datta.
I heard you got back from your mission in Africa. You did a great job!

行方不明だったジルを救出できたそうだな。サイコウにハッピーなニューズだ。報告を聞いたときは、飛びあがって喜んだ。
Yukue fumei datta jiru o kyūshutsu dekita sō da na . saikō ni happī na nyūzu da . hōkoku o kiita toki wa , tobiagatte yorokonda.
And it seems like you were able to rescue Jill. These were amazing news. When I heard that, I jumped for joy!

なんせ俺たち3人は、ラクーンシティを支えた「S.T.A.R.S.」なんて大それた名の特殊部隊時代から、もう十年以上の付き合いだ。
Nanse ore-tachi sannin wa , rakūnshiti o sasaeta 「 S . T . A . R . S . 」 nante dai sore ta na no tokushu butai jidai kara , mō jūnen ijō no tsukiai da.
However, we 3 gotta look out for each other. We’re like a family for more than a decade, since our time at S.T.A.R.S in Raccoon City.

親友とか戦友とかじゃ語れない間柄になっている。
Shinyū toka senyū toka ja katarenai aidagara ni natteiru.
(Couldn’t translate this part, since I didn’t get the gist of it.)

いろいろと訊きたいことはあるが、さすがのおまえも今は疲れていることだろう。まずは、ゆっくり体を休めてくれ。
Iroiro to kikitai koto wa aru ga , sasuga no omae mo ima wa tsukareteiru koto darou . mazu wa , yukkuri karada o yasumetekure.
I would like to ask you a lot of questions, although you’re probably tired. But At first you should rest!

おまえもジルも、しばらく事後処理で忙しいだろうが、落ち着いたらゆっくり酒でも飲もううじゃないか。
omae mo jiru mo, shibaraku jigo shori de isogashii darou ga, ochitsuitara yukkuri sake de mo nomou ujanaika.You and Jill will be busy for a while now or better You and Jill will have some problems for a while now, but if you both calm down we should go and drink something.

バリー・バートン
Barī Bāton
Barry Burton

P.S. If we have someone who speaks Japanese as well, Please point out my mistakes. Would be very grateful for that :D

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
So I've made the effort to translate the original Japanese text into english, plus transcription in Romaji (Latin letters)

It was helluva work, but it was a good exersice for my Japanese as I'm still learning the language.

Unfortunately, there was one sentence I couldn't translate, but the rest wasn't that hard.

Note: Some sentences can be easily translated into indo-european languages, but some sentences require an interpretation, since they wouldn't make any sense in english or german or any other indo-european language.

But enough talk. Have fun reading ;)

クリスへ
Kurisu e
To Chris

アフリカでの任務から帰還したと聞いた。ご苦労だった。
Afurika de ninmu kara kikanshita to kiita. Gokurō datta.
I heard you got back from your mission in Africa. You did a great job!

行方不明だったジルを救出できたそうだな。サイコウにハッピーなニューズだ。報告を聞いたときは、飛びあがって喜んだ。
Yukue fumei datta jiru o kyūshutsu dekita sō da na . saikō ni happī na nyūzu da . hōkoku o kiita toki wa , tobiagatte yorokonda.
And it seems like you were able to rescue Jill. These were amazing news. When I heard that, I jumped for joy!

なんせ俺たち3人は、ラクーンシティを支えた「S.T.A.R.S.」なんて大それた名の特殊部隊時代から、もう十年以上の付き合いだ。
Nanse ore-tachi sannin wa , rakūnshiti o sasaeta 「 S . T . A . R . S . 」 nante dai sore ta na no tokushu butai jidai kara , mō jūnen ijō no tsukiai da.
However, we 3 gotta look out for each other. We’re like a family for more than a decade, since our time at S.T.A.R.S in Raccoon City.

親友とか戦友とかじゃ語れない間柄になっている。
Shinyū toka senyū toka ja katarenai aidagara ni natteiru.
(Couldn’t translate this part, since I didn’t get the gist of it.)

いろいろと訊きたいことはあるが、さすがのおまえも今は疲れていることだろう。まずは、ゆっくり体を休めてくれ。
Iroiro to kikitai koto wa aru ga , sasuga no omae mo ima wa tsukareteiru koto darou . mazu wa , yukkuri karada o yasumetekure.
I would like to ask you a lot of questions, although you’re probably tired. But At first you should rest!

おまえもジルも、しばらく事後処理で忙しいだろうが、落ち着いたらゆっくり酒でも飲もううじゃないか。
omae mo jiru mo, shibaraku jigo shori de isogashii darou ga, ochitsuitara yukkuri sake de mo nomou ujanaika.You and Jill will be busy for a while now or better You and Jill will have some problems for a while now, but if you both calm down we should go and drink something.

バリー・バートン
Barī Bāton
Barry Burton

P.S. If we have someone who speaks Japanese as well, Please point out my mistakes. Would be very grateful for that :D

Thanks for putting the Romaji, I'm not very good with the Kanji. xD I couldn't translate that one part either, it's put weirdly, but the rest of it looks good.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Thanks for putting the Romaji, I'm not very good with the Kanji. xD I couldn't translate that one part either, it's put weirdly, but the rest of it looks good.
Glad I could help ;) I'm actually very good at Kanji, they're my strongest point in japanese :D

But that whole Chris and Jill thing... It's very weird. Even the japanese version mentions some "problems". Now I really wanna know what happened after 5...

I bet 100 bucks on this one.
On their way back home Jill made a joke about Chris and roids. Chris got offended, like a little princess that he is and said she looked like a hooker in RE3. Both have an argument, causing Jill to cry, then she bitchslapped Chris and told him "Don't ever talk to me again, you f*ggot". She runs away and Chris screams his infamous "JIIIILLL" line. Drama ensues. xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom