• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 About Barry's E-Mail to Chris...

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
So I just unlocked the E-Mail yesterday and I have to say there were a few interesting things in it.
(I've hacked into the BSAA North American Branch's servers. I'm keeping a copy of this email for my personal records.)

Hey Chris,

I heard you just got back from Africa. Some crazy **** went down there. Glad to hear you're OK.

And better yet, you brought Jill back! When I heard the news I was so happy I could've done cartwheels down the streets! Not that my knees would allow for that kind of thing anymore.

I mean, after all the **** the three of us have been through... Y'know, we gotta look our for each other, watch each other's backs. But I don't have to tell you the value of having a good partner now, do I?

Well, you just got back so you need some time to recover. Take it easy, you hear? If I hear you're hitting the gym again, I'm gonna come down and kick your ass personally!

I know things are gonna be a bit crazy for awhile for you and Jill, but when you're both settled in let's all go out for a drink or something. It's been too long.

Barry.

First the funny one
Well, you just got back so you need some time to recover. Take it easy, you hear? If I hear you're hitting the gym again, I'm gonna come down and kick your ass personally! Basically it's Barry's way to say "Ditch the roids Chris, stop being a workaholic and start acting like a normal human being" Gotta love Barry for that one, at least he's the only one who berates Chris for his obsessive attitude

The next paragraph really caught my attention... it says something about Chris and Jill
I know things are gonna be a bit crazy for awhile for you and Jill, but when you're both settled in let's all go out for a drink or something. It's been too long. I was quite confused about that one. Did they both had an argument at some point after Africa? Because in RE5 Chris seemed to be more than happy to see Jill again. Heck he even acted like a love sick puppy around her and couldn't get his eyes off her the whole time, plus he was so sad when he left her behind. So this one was really confusing. Maybe that would explain why she was absent in RE6. She wasn't even mentioned in the files in 6. You know I thought the first Person who's going to search for Chris would be Jill, but eventually it was Piers. Maybe they hate each other now? Or I just interpret it the wrong way...who knows.

Besides in the German version of this it was written in a way where you really think that Chris and Jill are in fact a couple. A friend showed it to me, since I don't play games in German.

So what do you think of it? I put pretty much everything in the spoiler tags ;)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I took the "things are gonna be a bit crazy for a while" as little more than Barry knowing what they've just gone through in Kijuju, how those kinds of situations effect them and making note of it.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
There were apparently some inaccurate translations in the game. The English version implies that there could be something between Claire and Neil, but it's been said since that that isn't the case. I reckon something similar has happened here. I think it's just been a while since they got together and they mean things will be crazy after the events of RE5 and that the old gang should get together soon, that's all.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Jill just came back from the dead. I reckon that would be a crazy/complicated situation for anyone involved.

Leons-sexy-hair

I need brain - two chains the zombie
Haha seems like Barry is implying that they are living together . Well that shuts the gay rumors down for a little bit. Still doesn'team Chris is straight lol

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Haha seems like Barry is implying that they are living together . Well that shuts the gay rumors down for a little bit. Still doesn'team Chris is straight lol

I still say he's gay. xD
I think what Barry meant is that its crazy because of what happened in Africa, and settling in because they're going back home and have to explain things to people because Jill survived falling off a cliff, and Jill has to get used to normal life again.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Spoiler alert: They're both flaming homosexuals. Just kidding of course.

I actually think given everything they've been through together things would be really crazy by the time they got back. Jill probably had to have a psych evaluation. After seeing her email to Barry it appeared to me she was sprinkling white lies all over the place. A bit too chipper if you ask me if only to make the poor old guy feel better. Pretty sure once she returns in a title she's not going to be the same Jill we've always known. She'll be pretty psychologically messed up- and if she's not? I'll admit I'll be both surprised and disappointed in Capcom for not touching on that subject. Anyone would be traumatized after such torture.

ANYWAY back on topic- I've always felt like Barry, Jill, Chris and Rebecca ( if we ever see her again ) grew so close after Arklay that they became a very tight knit family of sorts. I always like to call them the STARS family honestly. While I don't think Chris and Jill are ROMANTICALLY involved ( until proven otherwise ) I can say their connection is on a level a lot of us don't understand unless we've been through traumatic events with others ourselves.

N7Valentine

Well I personally believe that they do have romantic feelings for each other. It was painfully obvious in 5. Even RE5 producer Takeuchi-san confirmed that. However Kobayashi-san says that they're just partners. They constatnly retcon their relationship and change it for whatever purpose -_-' I say this, either
A) Just let them be friends but don't add any romantic allusions/implications between those two in future titles
or
B) Make them a couple. easy as that.
I like good romances in games, but this is getting more than annoying over the years.

What Jill's been through is definitely some crazy sh*t, but still that doesn't really explain Jill's absence in RE6. She wasn't even mentioned in the files and not even once by Chris, her"Partner"! As a Jill fan I was eager to know what happened to her, but thankfully Rev2 gave an insight of what exactly happened to her :D

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
^ I was disappointed they never mentioned Jill in RE6 too. I'm glad they finally cleared things up in Revelations 2. I think they caught onto the fact fans were pretty ticked off about it! Capcom is known for retconning the hell out of this series ( all the way down to Chris' eye color... is it brown or blue guys? ). They really need to keep up with their own storyline. lol

N7Valentine

Yes I was f*cking disappointed. Jill was there from the beginning with Chris, yet he gets the spotlight everytime, while she gets simply ignored :p Yeah that rectonning thing is indeed annoying. As for Chris' eyecolor, it's blue again ;) Check it out in Rev2 Raid Mode.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Yes I was f*cking disappointed. Jill was there from the beginning with Chris, yet he gets the spotlight everytime, while she gets simply ignored :p Yeah that rectonning thing is indeed annoying. As for Chris' eyecolor, it's blue again ;) Check it out in Rev2 Raid Mode.
Is it? Oh my god that's funny. I don't know why they changed his eye color in the first place. Maybe they were color contacts. ; )

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Perhaps Chris has mood eyes that reflect his... well, mood.
Blue = Everything is (relatively) okay: RE1 (still young and healthy), CV (not really broken yet), Revelations 2 (only here for Rape Mode)
Brown = Emotional stress: RE5 ("I wonder if it's all worth fighting for..."), RE6 ("Fiiinn! Piiieers! ADAAA!"), Revelations 1 ("I can't find Jill, and some whiny slut is throwing herself at me, HELP!")

Mark Mane McIntyre

It sucks Jill was not mention in Resident Evil 6. If you had to mention her in 6 it would be where Piers is talking to Chris and says Im glad Finn is not her to see you this way.
It really should haven been Im glad Jill is not her to see you this way.

The Topic - I think what Barry was implying to Chris about 'I know things are gonna be a bit crazy for awhile for you and Jill. Is that Jill has change and she would problem feel weird being around BSSA members(Piers if she as met him), Barry, Barry's family, Claire, and Chris and epically Chris.
In 2011 she was in rehab recovering.
Here's to hope RE7 story takes place in 2015 if it comes out this year or next year.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It really should haven been Im glad Jill is not her to see you this way.

That would have been very weird. Finn was a young, inexperienced rookie who didn't know Chris very well and obviously had some idealised hero image of him, so of course seeing his captain in a state like that would have broken his heart. But I'm sure Jill, who is older and a lot more mature, who has been Chris's partner for ages and certainly seen him in every possible emotional state in all that time, would know better. If she needed to be handled with kid gloves like that, she would never have made it out of Raccoon City.

Piers said just the right thing. Only Finn would have gone to cry in a corner if he had seen Chris like that, but Jill would have kicked his ass just like Piers did. I agree that she should have been mentioned in the files at some point, though, considering that even Sheva made it in.

N7Valentine

As I said it was very weird that Jill wasn't mentioned at all in 6. It's like she has never even existed and as Hel said, even Sheva made it to the files, but why not Jill? She was the first protagonist along with Chris in RE and also his long-time "Partner". I know Chris had amnesia, but still...

Took Capcom way too long to realize they forgot about Jill in 6 so we got the E-Mail in Rev2, after 3 years :p However I do have my theories why Jill was excluded from RE6...

And for the Finn part... My first reactions were like "Who gives a crap about like Finn, what about Jill?" or "Who's Finn again?" But then again I have to agree with Hel. Jill would've knocked some sense into him, as she did in RE5, since Chris has a tendency to be overly dramatic. Piers did the right thing.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
As I said it was very weird that Jill wasn't mentioned at all in 6. It's like she has never even existed and as Hel said, even Sheva made it to the files, but why not Jill? She was the first protagonist along with Chris in RE and also his long-time "Partner". I know Chris had amnesia, but still...

Took Capcom way too long to realize they forgot about Jill in 6 so we got the E-Mail in Rev2, after 3 years :p However I do have my theories why Jill was excluded from RE6...

And for the Finn part... My first reactions were like "Who gives a crap about like Finn, what about Jill?" or "Who's Finn again?" But then again I have to agree with Hel. Jill would've knocked some sense into him, as she did in RE5, since Chris has a tendency to be overly dramatic. Piers did the right thing.

I love Finn though! Capcom said they didn't put Jill in the game because they knew even if Chris had amnesia he wouldn't be that rude to her, but I don't know if that's true.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Perhaps Chris has mood eyes that reflect his... well, mood.
Blue = Everything is (relatively) okay: RE1 (still young and healthy), CV (not really broken yet), Revelations 2 (only here for Rape Mode)
Brown = Emotional stress: RE5 ("I wonder if it's all worth fighting for..."), RE6 ("Fiiinn! Piiieers! ADAAA!"), Revelations 1 ("I can't find Jill, and some whiny slut is throwing herself at me, HELP!")
I swear my eye colour changes too, but once again Chris steals the spotlight :p

N7Valentine

I love Finn though! Capcom said they didn't put Jill in the game because they knew even if Chris had amnesia he wouldn't be that rude to her, but I don't know if that's true.
I have a rather different theory about her absence but that'd be a bit too much writing now xD

Top Bottom