• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Aaaraarallloh!"

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
When I played RE4 the other day I heard "detras de ti, imbecil". Being a Spanish speaker I knew that meant "behind you, imbecile!" and needless to say a ganado was inches away from my face when I turned around. I screamed like a little baby xD

bruno

Chief Researcher
Haha, when they say 'te cohi', i don't even bother turning around, i just run forward a little bit and then turn around.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;64282 said:
When I played RE4 the other day I heard "detras de ti, imbecil". Being a Spanish speaker I knew that meant "behind you, imbecile!" and needless to say a ganado was inches away from my face when I turned around. I screamed like a little baby xD
They warn Leon? :confused: Why would they do that?

I have picked up that line in a translation guide, but I thought the message was from one Ganado to another Ganado, not to Leon.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Romero;64310 said:

They warn Leon? :confused: Why would they do that?

I have picked up that line in a translation guide, but I thought the message was from one Ganado to another Ganado, not to Leon.

No, I reckon it's like a coc ky*-retro-camp villain thing where the villain has their little line before they kill you :p

* I can't write that word full at all, and it's not even rude!! lol

Resident James

Romero;64141 said:
So zombies in RE should not be called zombies. But they are called zombies because their behavior is similar to zombies. :confused:

No, they are dead, the virus kills them but revives certain functions of the body.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
wolfgirl;64373 said:
No, I reckon it's like a coc ky*-retro-camp villain thing where the villain has their little line before they kill you :p

* I can't write that word full at all, and it's not even rude!! lol
Yeah, they are kind of cоcky that's true.
And yes the word is not rude so I think it's perfectly OK of me to post it. ^_^

Resident James;64523 said:
No, they are dead, the virus kills them but revives certain functions of the body.
What's your definition of dead? :confused: I don't think they are dead if some body functions are revived. Half dead?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Resident James;64523 said:

No, the virus doesn't kills the cells, it only mutates them, reducing the organism's activity.

Resident James

Based on what I have read, 4 outcomes can arise from infection of the T-Virus.

Either the person recovers from the infection, or he succumbs to the disease and mutates into a zombie, or, if the person dies before turning into a zombie, the virus makes the cells working again, reanimating the body into literal undead.

Either way, the mind and soul are no longer controlling the body. Thus making the person dead in most ways.

The fourth outcome is the person becomes a Tyrant instead of a Zombie.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Resident James;64562 said:
Either way, the mind and soul are no longer controlling the body. Thus making the person dead in most ways.

A body without mind and sould is dead, sort of. "Braind-dead" as we call it. In this case the person is dead, but not necessarily his flesh?
Either someone are dead or they are alive, that sounds so simple. But it's not really that simple.

Was not all tyrants zombies first?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Resident James;64562 said:
Mind and soul? That's too metaphysical for me. The person is not completely conscious, but that doesn't mean it's dead, just that a big part of it's brain has lost functionality. Someone who is asleep isn't dead just because it can't it's actions (some people do strange things while they're sleeping).

A person doesn't turn into a tyrant spontaniously, only through body manipulation like surgery or chemicals. If a person who is genetically compatible with the virus is infected without any kind of medical treatments, it probably would be a case similar to Sergei's. It'd keep it's human form and, if the mutation is triggered (usually by psichological pressure), the person suffers a fast mutation, usually according to it's feelings.

And Romero, no. If someone turns into a zombie, it's means that person is not compatible with the T-virus. Only if one is genetically compatible with the virus or by the use of an hormone found in the brain of male teenagers that person can be used for the Tyrant pprogram. If the person turns into a zombie, it means it's not compatible.

Resident James

What is the difference between alive and undead then?

The fact is, people that die when infected are dead,and brought back as a Zombie, the virus revives the cells, but the cells 'eat' them selves to power the zombie rather than normal organism behavior. (that's a Zombie theory I like)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
bruno;64592 said:
And Romero, no. If someone turns into a zombie, it's means that person is not compatible with the T-virus. Only if one is genetically compatible with the virus or by the use of an hormone found in the brain of male teenagers that person can be used for the Tyrant pprogram. If the person turns into a zombie, it means it's not compatible.
Okay, thanks. What kind of being could a zombie transform into? Or was it not zombies that could transform?

Resident James;64595 said:
What is the difference between alive and undead then?
An undead is someone who has been dead, but their body is brought back to life. I am guessing that the undead is neither dead nor alive.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Romero;64596 said:
Okay, thanks. What kind of being could a zombie transform into? Or was it not zombies that could transform?
If a zombie is incapacitated, he becomes a crimson head and, if he gets too hungy (which is a form of 'incapacitation'), he becomes a licker (notice his tongue alongates and he gets big claws, faster and enhaced hearing, wich helps him hunting).
However, a zombie never becomes a tyrant or anything like it.

Sexta_PT

I read somewere in one Re3 faq that its very rare to a infected person transform in a tyrant because it dependes on the intelligence of the infected person.
Only one person in some million can become a tyrant, the transforms in zombies.

Sexta_PT

I said it was because of the intelligence because i found this information:

"I had continued to do research with Birkin so that no one would detect
my intentions. During that time, that 'woman test subject' was forgotten.
A "failure" that just lived on. Until that day, 5 years later.....

The 11th summer had come since we started working at this facility. I
was 28 at the time. Birkin had become a father to a 2 year old girl.
The wife was a also a researcher at the facility. It was natural that
people who conducted research at the same facility fall in love and have
children. But a normal person would not be able to continue research at
this place. Everyone who is still here is crazy.

We had gone into phase three of our plan in the ten years. A programmed
life, to be used a soldier, a bio-weapon for combat. This bio-weapon
was to be called the "Tyrant". But this project had a huge problem from
the start. Finding a test subject for this Tyrant was easier said than
done. There were very few who were qualified enough to become the Tyrant.

This was due to the nature of the T-virus. Any human could be used to
make a zombie or a hunter but their intelligence would be lost in the
process. A certain amount of intelligence was needed to create a Tyrant.
Birkin had created a different way of creating the Tyrant to compensate
for this problem. But only a very small amount of people could be used
for this different way. In the simulation, only 1 out of 100000000 mutated
into a Tyrant, the rest became zombies."

Top Bottom