• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 A Superior Breed Of Humans...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41109 said:
I was trying to think of that quote, but I couldn't remember it.

You were trying to think of it to say before I had, or you were trying to decide where it came from?:)

Because that is one of Wesker(Douglas') lines from UC, one of his stupid monologues which continue into RE5....

weskerfan

spike991;40049 said:
so according to what we saw and heard and read in re5, there is apparently something going on that we didn't know, that wesker, the character that we all know was apparently chosen at birth, and along with numerous others given he surname wesker.

According to spencer, who wanted a superior breed of humans to help rule the world, in his utopia, had decided to use children from parents with high intelligence, albert being one of them. Now i personally thought this was a stupid poorly tacked on excuse for a backstory, and even ruins some of the stuff that we have seen from him prior to, especially the stuff with him and birkin.

Albert and the other wesker children, also having the last names wesker, had all been either given the virus p30 from a friend, or even forced to take it. P30 is the virus that wesker was given by his old friend william birkin. Most of the wesker children died from it, with only a few surviving(great plot idea for re6!!!), and apparently it was a great performance enhancer, but it's drawback was that it was only temporary, which of course is why wesker had to inject himself with the serum, pg37 to keep it in check, which is ver similar to what he did with jill, the apparatus that he had on her chest constantly kept the virus in check,until it was removed of coures.

So the idea that wesker had survived the ending of re5 is not true. As some people like to think he did, if we think about each and every thing it doesn't make sense, him surviving.

I think it is pretty obvious that the rockets did not make direct contact with him, but in the lava, the rpg's splash damage would be effective enough, and not to mention that he would not be able to give himself the virus, which in turn means he would have died anyway....

What do you all think about this stuff?

i knew wesker wasnt a clone!!!

NiteKrawler

Spike991;41243 said:
You were trying to think of it to say before I had, or you were trying to decide where it came from?:)

Because that is one of Wesker(Douglas') lines from UC, one of his stupid monologues which continue into RE5....

Yeah, I just played UC recently and I remembered him saying that quote. I was trying to remember it to use it a couple posts back but I couldn't remember it verbatim.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41288 said:
Yeah, I just played UC recently and I remembered him saying that quote. I was trying to remember it to use it a couple posts back but I couldn't remember it verbatim.

Oh, well I guess it just stuck in my mind because of how annoying it was.:)

You may also remember him using other little things alot, like he always says, "Howeva",or "Unfurtunatly", with his twist on how it should sound....it also goes to show that Wesker's dialogue is pretty limited, to the point where having small roles for that reason is a pretty good idea.:)

@weskerfan, Yes..yes.:) Wesker is definately not a clone, but what would make you think that?:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
ValentineFan;41536 said:
lol... yeah he does, never really thought about it before... his voice has a real drawl to it.

Yeah, what it is, is how Douglas(the current Wesker voice actor) tries to make it sound too british, and as a result find himself with some little off-sounding lines like that...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41592 said:
Is Douglas British? If not then I just have one question. Da fu*k?

I don't believe so, as I saw him in other videos, live action stuff, and he sounded american, which actually wouldn't have been as bad if he had done that voice instead of the over-the-top brit one...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41598 said:
Why did he go Brit? I do not understand...I don't want to.

Well because Richard Waugh had a little, slight british thing is his voice for Wesker, and Douglas interpreted this as 'make Wesker sound very british'...

But he obviously forces the voice and accent out to where it doesn't even sound natural at all...and even takes me out of the scenes sometimes, to where I am aware that I am watching a cutscene...

^I perfers Waugh's voice. (I thought his Wesker sounded pretty British too.) However, if he absolutely had to be replaced, I am happy that DC is respectful enough to at least try and sound like Waugh. I think he even admitted that somewhere in one of his interviews.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;41608 said:
^I perfers Waugh's voice. (I thought his Wesker sounded pretty British too.) However, if he absolutely had to be replaced, I am happy that DC is respectful enough to at least try and sound like Waugh. I think he even admitted that somewhere in one of his interviews.

Yeah I agree, there might have been worst off with some others....

Waugh managed to perfectly blend the brit/american type of voice, it actually sounded more like American with a touch ot British, rather than British with a touch of American.:)

And Waugh put emphasis on the right words....Douglas puts emphasis on every word which is one of the other reasons it sounds unnatural...

True, and it be easier to not notice if the wrong quotes wern't constantly repeated. Lol

Example: THAR YU AHHHH!!! *2 seconds later* THAR YU AHHHH!!!...Dehs no pointen hydeeng...Dehs no pointen- AHH THAR YU AHHHH!!! Lol And don't forget one of my favorates. It was inya bess intress towa sis me! (DAMN I love that one ><)

Yeah, his voice isn't flawless, but at least he did a much better job then in UC where Wesker seem to have had a cold in every event, how unfortunate, trying to run around in that masion when your noise is all stuffy. He's much less nasaly in 5 in my opinion.

Lets be happy it wasn't the voice actor from RE1 1996. *Shudders*...But overall, DC is not that bad.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
To be honest I wouldn't have minded the original guy as much....

I know, but at least he is more familiar.:)

Oh wow, can you imagine that Wesker with that voice? Id rather Jessep over him. Now Jessep sounded like Waugh without the British accent.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;41675 said:
Oh wow, can you imagine that Wesker with that voice? Id rather Jessep over him. Now Jessep sounded like Waugh without the British accent.

Peter Jessop was nothing short of amazing, as the american Wesker.:)

I actually had a theory on that, that perhaps he disguised his voice, much like wearing his sunglasses, the voice would sort of help disguise him.:) And then after the Mansion Incident he had to reason to do so....

What do you think?

Top Bottom