• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 A Superior Breed Of Humans...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
So according to what we saw and heard and read in RE5, there is apparently something going on that we didn't know, that Wesker, the character that we all know was apparently chosen at birth, and along with numerous others given he surname Wesker.

According to Spencer, who wanted a superior breed of humans to help rule the world, in his Utopia, had decided to use children from parents with high intelligence, Albert being one of them. Now I personally thought this was a stupid poorly tacked on excuse for a backstory, and even ruins some of the stuff that we have seen from him prior to, especially the stuff with him and Birkin.

Albert and the other Wesker Children, also having the last names Wesker, had all been either given the virus P30 from a friend, or even forced to take it. P30 is the virus that Wesker was given by his old friend William Birkin. Most of the Wesker Children died from it, with only a few surviving(great plot idea for RE6!!!), and apparently it was a great performance enhancer, but it's drawback was that it was only temporary, which of course is why Wesker had to inject himself with the serum, PG37 to keep it in check, which is ver similar to what he did with Jill, the apparatus that he had on her chest constantly kept the virus in check,until it was removed of coures.

So the idea that Wesker had survived the ending of RE5 is not true. As some people like to think he did, if we think about each and every thing it doesn't make sense, him surviving.

I think it is pretty obvious that the rockets did not make direct contact with him, but in the lava, the RPG's splash damage would be effective enough, and not to mention that he would not be able to give himself the virus, which in turn means he would have died anyway....

What do you all think about this stuff?

NiteKrawler

Oh Spike, how you so love your precious self righteousness...:) Are you going to be spreading this slanderous filth here as well? We all know that the Wesker in RE5 was a clone of the real one! Oh just kidding! So since when did you learn that the virus Wesker took in RE1 was P-30? Do you have proof? I never realized how similar the P-30's effects were to Wesker's virus until you said that. You must be right...Interesting...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I read the Albert Wesker file.:)

I have proof of this virus, yes.:) According to the document it is called P30, and needed to be kept in check by PG37, or else Wesker would lose his superhuman powers...

And he would be like Robert Patrick in Judgement Day.:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40059 said:
I read that file! How did I miss that?? Man I'm a noob...

I thought the stuff with Jill was interesting too, apparently she had pretty much the same thing, which was kept in check by the chest apparatus, so this also gives a good reason why she didn't go with Chris, I remember thinking why Jill didn't go with them, she could up any enemy with her enhance abilities, but apparantly they were gone with the apparatus.:)

NiteKrawler

Yeah I knew all about the P-30 virus and the apparatus with Jill...But I didn't know it was the same virus that Wesker had. Was the apparatus controlling her then? Had to be, or else Wesker would be able to be controlled as well.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah I need to read over some of the specifics again, but it basically said that Jill had the same thing as Wesker.:)

Meluiloth

Hello everyone! I'm new here. :)

Anyway, you mean Wesker would die if he didn't take the PG37?
REHorror.net is acting weird now so I can't read the files. (too lazy to check my PS3)

I think that Wesker will come back in future REs. Even if there isn't a reasonable explanation for his survival. :p

Levan

Polkka. lol
It's very odd though, was Wesker really manufactured as he says he was or was he a human that decided to "join" in with this "Wesker" project that Spencer had.

Cause, if he really was manufactured or created they could've just injected the virus into him at birth(or at creation) and be done with it. Why did Wesker need to inject himself with it first anyway.

Like what Spencer said, superior breed of humans, but if they were created they would be superior from the start rather than having the need of a special virus.

I haven't read the files in RE5 though, maybe the answers to my questions are there.

NiteKrawler

Levan;40550 said:
It's very odd though, was Wesker really manufactured as he says he was or was he a human that decided to "join" in with this "Wesker" project that Spencer had.

Cause, if he really was manufactured or created they could've just injected the virus into him at birth(or at creation) and be done with it. Why did Wesker need to inject himself with it first anyway.

Like what Spencer said, superior breed of humans, but if they were created they would be superior from the start rather than having the need of a special virus.

I haven't read the files in RE5 though, maybe the answers to my questions are there.

He wasn't manufactured. He doesn't even say he was, he just asks if he was. Spencer never answered him. He was chosen by Umbrella, among hundreds of others while he was very young. Umbrella took the children of families that had great attributes, like intelligence or strength or health. All of the children were then given the surname Wesker. When they grew up, they each had someone give them the virus, forcefully or otherwise. William Birkin gave Albert Wesker the virus, and Wesker injects himself in RE1. According to Spencer, Albert was the only one to survive the virus. Some people disagree with that but whatever. Because the virus is unstable, Wesker needs to take regular doses of PG37 to keep it in check. If he doesn't take it he may mutate uncontrollably or he may die. That's why he needs PG37.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@Nite, yeah it is a good thing you cleared that up for me way back when, because I was very displeased with that stupid backstory, but knowing that he was 'manufactured' in a lab or something was really relieving.:)

Also, @Levan, didn't I cover all of that, and then some in the first post of the thread?....

@Meluiloth, I think Wesker will come back too, via prequels, something similar to RE0 perhaps, and DC seems to be doing this a bit, with the CVX section, but if they are not using Richard Waugh for his voice then I personally don't care if he comes back at all...I would prefer for Wesker to be here to the best of his abilities, but if we have a half-ass job(D.C. Douglas) then I don't want him back too bad.:)

Levan

Polkka. lol
Oh, sorry about that, I think I read it too fast at first. xD

@NiteKrawler

Thanks for the info. I guess Spencer never really did say yes when Wesker asked him during his one and only scene. So it was actually Spencer's plan all along, I kind of thought that Wesker only wanted that special virus at first for his own plans.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Levan;40651 said:
Oh, sorry about that, I think I read it too fast at first. xD

@NiteKrawler

Thanks for the info. I guess Spencer never really did say yes when Wesker asked him during his one and only scene. So it was actually Spencer's plan all along, I kind of thought that Wesker only wanted that special virus at first for his own plans.

Yeah, Spencer's plan all along was to basically rule the world, Wesker's plan in RE5 was basically just Spencer's plan, he literally stole that from him...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40696 said:
"Stole it from him" sounds too...barbaric. I like "Took his place" better. :) ;)

I don't know, I mean he really did take it from him, before that Wesker didn't seem to have any real direction, he was just working with The Organization and it's operatives trying to collect many of the different viruses and such, and apparently had some idea for the world...

I personally think that this whole thing didn't fit him well at all, that was a plot idea that would have been better for Spencer, and I personally would have preferred Spencer to be in a more villianous role, maybe more like an Emperor Palpatine...

NiteKrawler

I could tell from previous games that Wesker wanted to control the world. He may not have known it at the time, but he did. He was always about having power. Like I've said before, until he met with Spencer in the castle, he didn't have a direction. His main goal was to find out what Spencer was up to and also to find out about his own past. After Spencer gave him the info he wanted, Wesker almost instantly knew what he was to become. "A god...That right now belongs to me!"

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I doubt it was ever his intention...

I mean him being brought back that very first time was overkill, but it wasn't so bad since his CVX, RE0 and RE4 appearances were all really cool.

I think he probably just had the idea of being a 'god' after meating with Spencer, after hearing what Spencer's plan was, and then Wesker being told of his significance, I think that is what really triggered the whole power trip.:)

NiteKrawler

Spike991;40926 said:
I doubt it was ever his intention...

I mean him being brought back that very first time was overkill, but it wasn't so bad since his CVX, RE0 and RE4 appearances were all really cool.

I think he probably just had the idea of being a 'god' after meating with Spencer, after hearing what Spencer's plan was, and then Wesker being told of his significance, I think that is what really triggered the whole power trip.:)

That's what I said ya crazy bafoon! :p He was always one to cherish power, and he sought it out wherever he could. It wasn't until after his meeting with Spencer that he got his godlike image of himself. It even says so in one of the files. In other words, he always wanted power, but he didn't want to take over the world until he met with Hefner...er...Spencer.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well the only thing that can defeat power is more power..that is the on costant in this universe(god I hate Douglas)...

NiteKrawler

Spike991;41071 said:
Well the only thing that can defeat power is more power..that is the on costant in this universe(god I hate Douglas)...

I was trying to think of that quote, but I couldn't remember it.

Top Bottom