• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Xbox360 exclusive: Nemesis mode

sbr999

Capcom has revealed that this feature will only be exclusive for Xbox users.
While there's no informations regarding system req. for PC users, nor a demo release date.
What do you guys think?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Sounds very interesting to me! Just a shame that both the PS3 and PC crowds will have to wait until they're granted access to what sounds like a terrific multiplayer mode. As a PC gamer, I'm hoping it'll turn up on the Steam Store sometime soon, but we'll just have to wait and see.

sbr999

I think if it's just delayed then it's ok. But if it will remain as xbox exclusive, then it isn't a nice move. (not hating on xbox, just saying)
Their announcement is not very clear -to me at least.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
SlantSix just replied to me on Twitter: Sorry Nemesis Mode won't be coming to the PS3 but there will be other awesome DLC coming cross platform

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
Capcom has revealed that this feature will only be exclusive for Xbox users.
While there's no informations regarding system req. for PC users, nor a demo release date.
What do you guys think?
for pc the game will be released in may ^^

sbr999

for pc the game will be released in may ^^

I know it's released in May. But no info on the demo. I heard some rumours, that there wont be any.
Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but I like to play the game before I buy it XD

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I think its dumb that they have dlc already when a game comes out, it seems dumb to me. If they have it ready by the time the game comes out why not just include it in the real game. I find it understandable if it comes out months later but on the same day, that just doesn't make any sense to me.

Jakeykins18

Useless
I think PC and PS3 will both eventually get their own exclusive DLC. Maybe not PS3 but most def. PC.
They probably just released the Xbox Live one first b/c of how successful the multi-player is on there.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think its dumb that they have dlc already when a game comes out, it seems dumb to me. If they have it ready by the time the game comes out why not just include it in the real game. I find it understandable if it comes out months later but on the same day, that just doesn't make any sense to me.
Dude it makes perfect sense...It's a way to get more money...

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I am very angry about this. I don't think "Nemesis Mode" will be heavily missed, but what's the point of having a console-exclusive mode? I can understand having exclusive costumes, weapons, etc. but modes?!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I am very angry about this. I don't think "Nemesis Mode" will be heavily missed, but what's the point of having a console-exclusive mode? I can understand having exclusive costumes, weapons, etc. but modes?!
Why be bothered by it...Soul Calibur is FAMOUS for it...I mean, when Soul Calibur II came out it had three characters that were exclusive to the three consoles...Link in the GCN, Spawn for XBox and some dude from Tekken in the PS2 version...They did it again with the other Soul Caliburs...I think it adds a bit of spice to it...Kinda neat that not EVERY version of the game is gonna play the same...

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Yeah, I guess. I feel a little better knowing 360 users will have to pay for this mode.

And like I always say... if it's any good, Capcom will port it (though, where's my port of REmake? :()

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, I guess. I feel a little better knowing 360 users will have to pay for this mode.

And like I always say... if it's any good, Capcom will port it (though, where's my port of REmake? :()
Well, PS2 and PC are also gonna have their own exclusive DLC, so really it all evens out...

sbr999

Nemesis mode in action in case someone hasn't seen it yet:

Well, PS2 and PC are also gonna have their own exclusive DLC, so really it all evens out...
That's true, but I don't think they should have divide the fanbase with that. Not to mention that the whole RE franchise started on the PS platform, then they give one of the most iconic characters to xbox users. That's just weird...at least to me.

A_Wesker123

The Original
Would you really buy the same game for 2 diff consoles though?

No, I mean that if there is console exclusive content, then I can just get the game for that console instead of the other and thereby not miss out on extra content.

I've a feeling that Microsoft likely payed Capcom a large sum of money to get this exclusive content, in an attempt to sell more copies on 360 than Sony on the PS3. It wouldn't be the first time they have done it, and Sony has also done it in the past. I doubt Capcom solely made a concious decision to give one half of their fanbase more content than the other.

Top Bottom