• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you buy a Sherry Birkin Game?

Acid Marz

Just like the title asks.

I thought it was kinda cool playing as Sherry in RE6 and seeing what became of her after Raccoon City.

If Capcom decided to make her the lead protagonist in a new game would you give it a chance or what?

Soul Fist

Absolotely! Sherry is definitely one of the most underrated characters in Resident Evil. She's one of the characters from early games, and not just that she's still young and can go. Not to mention the G in her body is slowing her aging process like crazy, for example if she became 50 she'll look like 25 or 30. Not that I care about ages, I don't care if I played as 70 years old Ada or whoever I love from the females ñ, because I still love her no matter what.. But you know Japanese companies care a lot about age >_>

So yeah back to topic, how I would bring back Sherry? I think Revelations 3 is perfect for her, the series is focused on female leads and underrated characters. I'll bring back Sherry with Sheva as the main protagonists, imagine the duo? For once I want these two to shine on their own because they deserve it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
To answer the question of the thread, yes I would play a game with Sherry in a leading type role.

Though why some people suggest that the spinoffs feature these past characters instead of the main games is beyond me.

Soul Fist

To answer the question of the thread, yes I would play a game with Sherry in a leading type role.

Though why some people suggest that the spinoffs feature these past characters instead of the main games is beyond me.
Revelations are no spinoffs.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Revelations are no spinoffs.
Regardless of them being canon, they are still spinoffs from the main series. I wouldn’t care about this as much if Capcom gave the Revelations games the same budget and treatment as the main series, but they don’t.

Last edited:

Soul Fist

Als

Besides, we know that characters like Sherry don't stand a chance being in a main title. Chris and Leon can't become the main protagonists anymore, how others like Sherry stand a chance?

In a perfect world tho, I'll have characters like Leon, Claire and Chris as the mains in the numbered titles. Let the underrated ones AKA Barry, Rebecca... Etc shine in their own in Revelations series , if they were included with the more popular characters they will never shine.

D

Deleted member 21244

I will buy it, i buy everything that is resident evil related anyway XD

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Als

Besides, we know that characters like Sherry don't stand a chance being in a main title. Chris and Leon can't become the main protagonists anymore, how others like Sherry stand a chance?

In a perfect world tho, I'll have characters like Leon, Claire and Chris as the mains in the numbered titles. Let the underrated ones AKA Barry, Rebecca... Etc shine in their own in Revelations series , if they were included with the more popular characters they will never shine.

At this point, I can’t say that I necessarily care that every character has a “leading role” in a major title (or spinoff for that matter), but how characters are implemented is what is important to me. I see no reason why characters like Sherry or Barry can’t be featured and utilized within a story of a new major title. That actually applies to all past characters at this point.

Last edited:

Soul Fist

At this point, I can’t say that I necessarily care that every character has a “leading role” in a major title (or spinoff for that matter), but how characters are implemented is what is important to me. I see no reason why characters like Sherry or Barry can’t be featured and utilized within a story of a new major title. That actually applies to all past characters at this point.

I have no problem at all if they were included in a major title, I just don't see Capcom doing it. But who knows what the feature does have in store.

Acid Marz

Just to be clear, when I started this thread I was referring to a new major release as a continuation of the story, not
another Revelations.

Could you see Sherry on the cover of the game box? Resident Evil 8.

They would definitely get a pre-order from me because she's always been a favorite character of mine since the first time
I played the original RE2 back in the day.

All of this talk about major and minor characters doesn't make me think it would hinder sales of a this game if she was the main
character. I think most RE fans would love it and it would sell crazy good.

Just saying... it would be nice for them to give us something with a little twist to it. Like this would be.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Honestly, I don't think that will ever happen, at least not in a numbered title, because Capcom don't seem to consider Sherry main character material. Even her campaign in RE6 bears Jake's name rather than hers, making it the only one of the four campaigns not named after the recurring character, but the new one.

If it did happen, however, I would probably love it! (I say "probably" because with Capcom these days, you know they will find some way to screw it up.) Sherry is an interesting, but largely unexplored character in the series, and one of the most likeable in my opinion. A game dedicated to her, with no other campaigns, would be a great opportunity to explore her G-virus-induced healing factor without giving her an unfair advantage over other playable characters. That same virus also appears to slow down her ageing process, so her game could still come out years from now without her looking too old to perform some badass stunts, while at the same time her lack of Jake's acrobatic skills or Chris's physical strength still leaves her vulnerable enough to make a relatable protagonist in a horror game.

Of course, whether or not a game is to my liking also depends on factors other than who the playable main character is, but in general, yes, I would definitely be looking forward to a Sherry game if they ever made one.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Sherry is one of the characters most steeped in RE history. I would love to see more of her! I don't know where the franchise will go from here, but she is perfect for a Revelations type game.

Soul Fist

Sherry is one of the characters most steeped in RE history. I would love to see more of her! I don't know where the franchise will go from here, but she is perfect for a Revelations type game.
Imagine Sherry and Sheva both star in a Revelations game? The duo! Or even Sherry and Helena.

Mr.R

I don't think a solo Sherry game will ever materialize (unless in a Revelations form, where she will not be alone, for sure). I do see Sherry making a comeback though...maybe in a game with Leon involved, since they both work for DSO, so it would be easy to put them as partners, and the fact that the characters already have chemistry, it would be a fun idea (plus, it would flesh their relationship more, since we know that Leon took care of Sherry in the early days post Raccoon City and he probably paid her visits when she was under the government care). I think that could work. I think it would be a better ideia than to give Leon another disposable sideckick in another game or movie, like Angela, Sasha, Helena or somebody else voiced by Laura Bailey (Angela and Helena are both voiced by her, but I simply can't complain. Ms.Bailey is one of the best in the business).

So, either way I would totally buy a game with Sherry in a leading (or partner) role. I mean...I have games with Ark Thompson, Bruce McGivern and Ethan. Why I wouldn't like Sherry on it?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm not sure who I would partner her with. Leon would only steal her spotlight, Chris has had more than enough screen time lately, Sherry/Jake and Sherry/Claire have been done before, with Jill or Barry I don't see a connection, Rebecca is basically the same character with a different hair colour, so that would be boring, Sherry and Ada could be interesting, I guess... But I think I would go for Sherry and Piers, they're cute together. And we shall name it "Resident Evil: The Adorable Adventures of Kitten and Puppy".

Soul Fist

I'm not sure who I would partner her with. Leon would only steal her spotlight, Chris has had more than enough screen time lately, Sherry/Jake and Sherry/Claire have been done before, with Jill or Barry I don't see a connection, Rebecca is basically the same character with a different hair colour, so that would be boring, Sherry and Ada could be interesting, I guess... But I think I would go for Sherry and Piers, they're cute together. And we shall name it "Resident Evil: The Adorable Adventures of Kitten and Puppy".
I would say Helena and Sherry will be a good team, both of them have been in RE6 as side characters. And both of them have completely opposite personality, and they already have chemistry.

Acid Marz

So by what I've read so far... am I the only one that thinks Sherry would be great in Resident evil 8 instead of another Revelations?

To me she's the best logical choice to continue the story, first of all because she is so much younger than everyone else, and
secondly because she has super human powers due to her infection years ago. Think about the possibilities for her character.

If this story is to be continued, Sherry gets my vote to carry the torch through the next era. I don't want to see Chris and Jill Taking
Geritol Supplements in their wheelchairs.

She is young, smart, pretty, and strong with super human healing abilities. Can anyone explain to me why that's not good enough please?

The future of this story should be Sherry Birkin IMO. She's the only young person left. New characters will need to be added as well. The old
characters that we all know and love are just too old now. It would be like watching Gears of War with Grampa Marcus which I hate.

As for the old characters.. they've had a rough go of it. I think it's time to take a desk job or serve as advisors to new characters. Of coarse
they should be included in whatever comes next, but maybe in more of a leadership kinda role now.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
So by what I've read so far... am I the only one that thinks Sherry would be great in Resident evil 8 instead of another Revelations?

To me she's the best logical choice to continue the story, first of all because she is so much younger than everyone else, and
secondly because she has super human powers due to her infection years ago. Think about the possibilities for her character.

If this story is to be continued, Sherry gets my vote to carry the torch through the next era. I don't want to see Chris and Jill Taking

She is young, smart, pretty, and strong with super human healing abilities. Can anyone explain to me why that's not good enough please?

The future of this story should be Sherry Birkin IMO. She's the only young person left. New characters will need to be added as well. The old
characters that we all know and love are just too old now. It would be like watching Gears of War with Grampa Marcus which I hate.

As for the old characters.. they've had a rough go of it. I think it's time to take a desk job or serve as advisors to new characters. Of coarse
they should be included in whatever comes next, but maybe in more of a leadership kinda role now.

I agree with you for the most part. You are aware that RE8 is long in development and won’t be featuring her though, right? :wink:

But I agree that she has a lot of potential in carrying on another storyline in a future major title.
Eventually characters like Chris and Leon will be too old to do all the crazy things they currently have them doing, so a more leadership role would be appropriate. I suppose 50s is kind of the new 40s though and, as long as there is a decent storyline where Capcom did decide to include them in some capacity (even as side characters), I’d be ok with that too. But yeah, Sherry would make for some interesting storytelling and has already made her debut appearance in a major title, so I think Capcom could work her into the main series again if they wanted to- which is a whole other subject.

Last edited:

Soul Fist

No, not at all. I'd welcome Sherry being the main heroine in a future numbered game, but I just don't see "CAPCOM" doing it. The best she can get is a Revelations game or a new spinoff.

But I think Sherry could've had a lot of potential to be a main in a main title, she had a lot of potential. And remember everyone was wondering what happened to her before RE6. She would've become something very interesting, but she was ruined so badly and got overshadowed by the annoying boring Jake.

Top Bottom