• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst modern AAA videogame publisher

Who is the worst modern-day AAA game publisher?

• EA

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Activision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konami

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Ubisoft

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (please verify)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Pachinkonami strikes again.

Kojima Productions, Nikkei reports, is supposedly having trouble joining the Kanto IT Software Health Insurance Association with its application apparently being refused. Over 7,000 companies are part of this association, which offers discounted health insurance to tech industry workers as well as hotel, restaurant, and gym discounts. Konami is reportedly a big player in this association, with its sports clubs participating in the program. When asked regarding the matter, the Kanto IT Software Health Insurance Association is quoted by Nikkei as saying, “We are unable to comment on this issue.”

Wow. Just when I begin to think that sh!t stain of a company can't get any worse (how many times have people said this? I've lost count), they CONTINUE to outdo themselves.

I hate Konami with a burning passion, and well, I guess it burns deeper now. Seriously, blocking ex-employees from receiving health insurance, WTF? This is beyond petty.

Oh wait, this is the same company that reassigns their developers to janitorial jobs, cancels hyped AF games (Silent Hills), sits on beloved IPs and slaps em on whorehouse slot machines, locks up their own employees, kept Kojima from attending and receiving his own award at the VGAs, turns beloved stealth-action franchises into generic survival zombie games, etc. Nothing they do surprises me at this point.

No wonder Metal Gear Survive wasn't shown at E3 like they reportedly wanted, no company in their right mind would touch that joke of a game with a 10,000 foot pole.

I especially "loved" this bit:

When asked about Metal Gear Survive at a 2016 TGS stage event, Kojima replied, “I know absolutely nothing about it,” Kojima said. “That’s because it’s totally unrelated to me, right? Um, how should I put this? Well, for me, Metal [Gear] is espionage with political fiction. Right? So, because of that, there’s no reason that zombies would show up.”

According to Nikkei (via My Game News Flash), Konami allegedly sent a letter addressed to Kojima last fall. Nikkei reports it stated, “You are unfairly sullying the reputation of our company.”

LMAO, Kojima is sullying the reputation of your company? You f*cking did that yourselves. Konami is in no position to accuse others of sullying their reputation after all the sh!t they've pulled in just the last 2 years alone (which I've already gone over in full detail). I honestly don't blame Kojima considering how they treated him. If my former employer locked me up while working for them, you better believe I'd talk sh!t, too.

Seriously, f*ck Konami. They can go straight to hell.

Last edited:

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Pachinkonami strikes again.

Wow. Just when I begin to think that sh!t stain of a company can't get any worse (how many times have people said this? I've lost count), they CONTINUE to outdo themselves.

I hate Konami with a burning passion, and well, I guess it burns deeper now. Seriously, blocking ex-employees from receiving health insurance, WTF? This is beyond petty.

Oh wait, this is the same company that reassigns their developers to janitorial jobs, cancels hyped AF games (Silent Hills), sits on beloved IPs and slaps em on whorehouse slot machines, locks up their own employees, kept Kojima from attending and receiving his own award at the VGAs, turns beloved stealth-action franchises into generic survival zombie games, etc. Nothing they do surprises me at this point.

No wonder Metal Gear Survive wasn't shown at E3 like they reportedly wanted, no company in their right mind would touch that joke of a game with a 10,000 foot pole.

I especially "loved" this bit:

LMAO, Kojima is sullying the reputation of your company? You f*cking did that yourselves. Konami is in no position to accuse others of sullying their reputation after all the sh!t they've pulled in just the last 2 years alone (which I've already gone over in full detail). I honestly don't blame Kojima considering how they treated him. If my former employer locked me up while working for them, you better believe I'd talk sh!t, too.

Seriously, f*ck Konami. They can go straight to hell.

I could crap on every other company all day.

But Konami?

Oh boi. They themselves have single-handedly stroke the fires of the seven hells. I don't even have to say anything about them. They did it themselves.

HookerZombie

Capcom and Konami are both horrible. They have not only ruined some of their own beloved franchises but they treat their employees and their fans like garbage. It's no wonder a lot of their own developers have quit their jobs. Also Konami has completely ruined the Silent Hill series I'm still ****ed about what they did with the Silent Hill HD Collection. Honestly at least Capcom didn't **** up their old games in an HD Collection (their HD ports were actually good!).

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Capcom and Konami are both horrible. They have not only ruined some of their own beloved franchises but they treat their employees and their fans like garbage. It's no wonder a lot of their own developers have quit their jobs. Also Konami has completely ruined the Silent Hill series I'm still ****ed about what they did with the Silent Hill HD Collection. Honestly at least Capcom didn't **** up their old games in an HD Collection (their HD ports were actually good!).

Not to mention cancelling Silent Hills. NO other company is brain-damaged enough to cancel a Silent Hill game with Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus and former devs from Team Silent working on it that was backed by an awesome, genre-reviving demo to boot. And BTW, said demo has also been pulled.

But that pales in comparison to wasting remade MGS3 cutscenes on a pachinko machine instead of an actual MGS3 console remake with the Fox Engine, instead giving us this generic survival zombie game with the Metal Gear name slapped on it for extra sales.

Well-f*cking-done, Konami.

I could crap on every other company all day.

But Konami?

Oh boi. They themselves have single-handedly stroke the fires of the seven hells. I don't even have to say anything about them. They did it themselves.

IKR? It makes me wish I would've bought The Phantom Pain (the last game I'll ever buy from them) used so as to not give these assholes money. You better believe they're not getting another dime from me.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Not to mention cancelling Silent Hills. NO other company is brain-damaged enough to cancel a Silent Hill game with Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus and former devs from Team Silent working on it that was backed by an awesome, genre-reviving demo to boot. And BTW, said demo has also been pulled.

But that pales in comparison to wasting remade MGS3 cutscenes on a pachinko machine instead of an actual MGS3 console remake with the Fox Engine, instead giving us this generic survival zombie game with the Metal Gear name slapped on it for extra sales.

Well-f*cking-done, Konami.

IKR? It makes me wish I would've bought The Phantom Pain (the last game I'll ever buy from them) used so as to not give these assholes money. You better believe they're not getting another dime from me.

There really isn't anything redeemable about them. I just can't wait to see this company kick the bucket.

HookerZombie

There really isn't anything redeemable about them. I just can't wait to see this company kick the bucket.
I wouldn't go that far. Having the company go under would just put a lot of people out of a job and that's not fair to them. I would much rather just see these companies get their **** together.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Capcom's sh*tty tactics don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon now that they're releasing another Mega Man Legacy Collection. Was it really so hard to put a bunch of old games on one blu-ray disc? I also don't doubt the rumors about Marvel vs Capcom's laughable roster. Yet another half-assed game relying on extensive DLC. Their latest trailer showed Black Panther in the goddamn story and he's not even in the game unless you buy the season pass? GTFO of here. Same sh*t they did with Street Fighter. I guess the future of Capcom is going to be bare bones games. Can't wait for DMC 5 so they can sell us weapons, moves, and half the game at an extra cost.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I wouldn't go that far. Having the company go under would just put a lot of people out of a job and that's not fair to them. I would much rather just see these companies get their **** together.
That's a valid complaint. However, these same people, the bosses of this company literally go out of their way so former employees have a tough time even getting a job.

They don't even let you say you worked with them. So they would be getting what they deserve.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I'm gonna have to say EA, mainly because of the way they've been screwing around with Mass Effect for the last few years. Bioware are a damn good developer, but ever since ME3, they've kinda lost their groove, which I think is mainly down to EA interfering. I've not played Andromeda yet, but I've seen enough of the glitch videos to know it's not great, and a friend of mine who has the game confirmed it. All that being said though, Anthem looks like it might be a return to form.

HookerZombie

I also have problems with Sega especially with regard to the Yakuza games. They really did not sell that series outside Japan the way they should have between cutting out a lot of content from Yakuza 3, not bothering to even bring the samurai-themed spin off games outside Japan, leaving us out of the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD ports, and making Yakuza 5 a download only. This was a really good game series and I loved Yakuza 4 but damn did Sega butcher this series up over in the U.S.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Capcom's sh*tty tactics don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon now that they're releasing another Mega Man Legacy Collection. Was it really so hard to put a bunch of old games on one blu-ray disc? I also don't doubt the rumors about Marvel vs Capcom's laughable roster. Yet another half-assed game relying on extensive DLC. Their latest trailer showed Black Panther in the goddamn story and he's not even in the game unless you buy the season pass? GTFO of here. Same sh*t they did with Street Fighter. I guess the future of Capcom is going to be bare bones games. Can't wait for DMC 5 so they can sell us weapons, moves, and half the game at an extra cost.

The more I hear, the less amped I am for MvC:I. So many of the characters I wanted weren't in it even if you want to exclude the X-Men side of things. Where's DareDevil? Where's Punisher? The roster's short on females, so where's Elektra, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch? Hell, GotG's Rocket and Gamora are in the game, so where the hell is Star Lord? Where's Leon? Why isn't God Hand's Gene getting any love? Ada would be a perfect replacement for Jill in the game, but alas, she's nowhere to be found, either. Hell, this game features the Infinity Gems, so this would be the perfect game to feature Wesker and/or M. Bison, where are they? Resi is Capcom's biggest franchise, last I checked, so why is their only character in the game a castoff from MvC3 with the EXACT same moves? Yeah, nothing suspicious about that at all.

And I heard about their rumored DLC plan, it leaves me on the fence of even buying the game. They supposedly plan on releasing several batches of DLC throughout the year (one of those being the X-Men characters everyone was so afraid of being left out), only this time, you can't earn it with fight money, you HAVE to buy it. It's good to know that we WILL be getting Wolvie, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Storm, etc. (I forgot to mention that the other rumored batch is FF characters), but those characters should've been in the game from the get-go, especially Doom and Wolverine, they're mainstays of the Capcom Vs. series.

I knew Capcom's supposedly listening to fans and giving us full Story and CPU Vs. modes AT LAUNCH would come with a serious downside, it usually does. See: Alyson Court's exclusion from REmake 2.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
But yeah:

508497_1.jpg

Pass it on.

Turo602

The King of Kings
#F*ckCapcom

What a complete load of p*ss and sh*t. Apparently Marvel fans have forgotten about the X-Men. It's not them and Marvel completely f*cking the X-Men out of Marvel vs Capcom, it's us. Absolute f*ckin filth coming from Capcom. It's not like X-Men films haven't been coming out or anything. Remember Deadpool and Logan? Of course not! They were flops. Wolverine has also appeared in some of the recent Marvel cartoons but we forgot that too apparently.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
So the rumors of them releasing the Street Fighter vs. X-Men and Darkstalkers vs. Fantastic Four DLC batches all throughout the year aren't true then, for better or for worse.

Like the article stated, nobody honestly expects Capcom to come out and flat out say "they're not in the game because Marvel is cranky about Fox owning the film rights", but those comments will definitely rub people the wrong way.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Another E.A. studio bites the dust: Visceral Games is officially shutting its doors.

Well, there goes my dim hopes of a Dead Space 4. Look on the bright side, though: at least ex-employees CAN find new work now, unlike their Eastern counterpart.

But on a serious note, f*ck E.A. Between this and killing off mass hype for Battlefront II with a BS loot crate system, my hatred for this sh!tty company has kicked up a peg or two in recent weeks. I was like "take my money" @ the SWBF II E3 reveal, too.

My guess is BioWare will be next on the chipping block after the epic fail that was ME:A, better hope Anthem is a huge hit.

PS, is it wrong that I keep tuning into The Know simply for Ashley?

Top Bottom