• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Woot...Woot...Great News

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
...according to that link it says barry will be joined by Chris from what was seen in the trailer...
I thought he was confirmed to not be in this, and it was even stated that barry was on a solo mission

Turo602

The King of Kings
...according to that link it says barry will be joined by Chris from what was seen in the trailer...
I thought he was confirmed to not be in this, and it was even stated that barry was on a solo mission

They never said he wouldn't be in the game, just that he nor Jill would be the protagonists. This is the first I hear of Chris being in the game so I don't really buy it. Not that I wouldn't want him to be in it.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They never said he wouldn't be in the game, just that he nor Jill would be the protagonists. This is the first I hear of Chris being in the game so I don't really buy it. Not that I wouldn't want him to be in it.
But I thought I remebered reading that Jill and Chris wouldn't be in the game and was confirmed not to be.
Aswell as the confirmation that nothing will be related to the last revelations game at all, so that also sorta strikes them out.

Turo602

The King of Kings
But I thought I remebered reading that Jill and Chris wouldn't be in the game and was confirmed not to be.
Aswell as the confirmation that nothing will be related to the last revelations game at all, so that also sorta strikes them out.

They specifically said they wouldn't be the main protagonists. The only ones writing them off are the people who like to jump to conclusions. Also, having Chris appear in the game doesn't directly connect him to any one game. He's been in many titles, unlike Jessica, Raymond, or Parker who were unique to the first Revelations and its plot.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Yeah I believe gamespots publisher was just a little uneducated with this games details at its current stage. It's happened before with other websites on different games...

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Resident Evil (verified) Youtube channel has uploaded a second trailer He will be joined with Natalia Korda! Some little girl who has ability to see in future or what has happened in past, or something like that. You will be able to switch to Barry or Natalia (because she can crawl through narrow passages) just like Moira and Claire.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmmm...Interesting...I'm not exactly a fan of introducing this many new playable characters into a spin-off title, but what they've done with Barry is very cool.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Hmmm...Interesting...I'm not exactly a fan of introducing this many new playable characters into a spin-off title, but what they've done with Barry is very cool.
4? Heh
Revelations 1 had 6 playable charcaters.

Edit: I understand 2 of them weren't technically playable...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
4? Heh
Revelations 1 had 6 playable charcaters.

Edit: I understand 2 of them weren't technically playable...
It's not the amount of playable characters as a whole, it's the amount of NEW characters. Moira. Some random chick that Barry is teaming up with. Maybe it will make sense at the end of the day, but for now, I'm no fan of this new chick. But I will give her a chance. It also bugs me that it is STILL mandatory that you have a partner character. That takes away from the fear...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Technically, Moira isn't really new when you think about it, we just haven't seen her before. Claire and Barry are old veterans (even though the latter has never been playable in a canon scenario), the female villain is most likely going to be someone we already know, too, and the additional Rape Mode characters are Hunk and Wesker, so for now, the only new character is the little girl. But I share your concern regarding the latter; I'm also not sure what to make of her. When I first read that Barry would be accompanied by a little girl with magic powers and a stupid name, I was like, seriously?

But I'll try to avoid jumping to conclusions just yet, and I don't think adding new characters is a bad thing per se. Revelations 1 had about a dozen characters, only two of which we already knew from earlier games, whereas the sequel so far only has one character that is definitely new (until she turns out to be another clone of Veronica/Alexia, that is).

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I find the little girl concept interesting.
I would say it more closely resembles the Claire / sherry moments in re2 which I quite like.
And it will be interesting to find out I assume the shock revelation of who's kid she turns out to be.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I find the little girl concept interesting.

I'm just getting tired of that overused Creepy Child trope. It's like there's no more horror or mystery these days without some strange supernatural kid, usually a girl between 6 and 12. See feardotcom, The Ring, the first Tomb Raider movie, Twilight, Langoliers, Amy, F.E.A.R., Silent Hill has a new one in every game, and also Code Veronica if you consider that Alexia's mind was frozen and she's actually a 12-year-old girl in an adult woman's body. It's getting old, and with how often it has already been done, I doubt it's still possible to pull it off in a way we've never seen before.

But who knows, I'll remain hopeful that I might experience a pleasant surprise.

Top Bottom