• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will we see a Nemesis cameo in REmake 2?

Will Nemesis appear in REmake 2?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I know I've thrown this idea around before, but I want to know what you guys' thoughts are collectively on the possibility of Nemesis making a small cameo appearance in the remake. Will we see it? Not as a boss you fight (Mr. X already fills that role), but in a small cameo appearance? The reason I ask this is because I've seen this idea thrown around before on other forums before I brought it up on here, and I think it has merit, both as an idea AND as something that I could actually see happening in the finished product for a number of reasons.

It would be a great way of expanding the lore of the original RE2 and make the two games feel that much more connected, since RE2 and RE3 both take place around the same time (certain parts of both games occurring simultaneously). I could definitely see Leon or Claire seeing an injured Nemesis walking the streets on the way to the R.P.D. They arrived in Raccoon City shortly after Nemesis first appeared and fought Jill in RE3, so there would be no timeline discrepancies that I know of. Hell, the zombie Brad encounter in the original RE2 wasn't even made canon until AFTER the fact IIRC, and as we all know, it was Nemesis who turned him into a zombie, so it makes perfect sense, not only as fan service, but for further bridging the two games together with added content, since we already know they'll be adding more material to the game. Lest we forget that Nemesis was sent by Umbrella simply to hunt S.T.A.R.S. members in Raccoon City, and S.T.A.R.S. were a division of the R.P.D., so what better tie-in for a game featuring a bystander looking for her lost brother, who happens to be a member of S.T.A.R.S. (and who's partner already encountered the damn thing), and an R.P.D. officer on his first mission? To that end, Leon or Claire hearing "S.T.A.R.S.!" at the mere sight of him would pretty much be the ultimate fan service. It would also be a good way of foreshadowing the Mr. X fight.

If it does happen (very possible), it should be before you fight Mr. X, though, for obvious reasons. What better way to build up the Mr. X encounter than to have Leon or Claire narrowly escape the crosshairs of one hulking Tyrant (who never even entered the discussion when the original RE2 was being made, I don't think), only to run into another?

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
As much as i love the idea of having a Nemesis cameo in RE2 and i hope we get it. I don't think its possible unless they retold the story and changed the timeline of the events. Because as we know the first half of RE3 took place on September 28th. And the second half took place on October 1st. And that RE2 took place between September 29th and 30th.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Cheer Agreed. There is a bit of a timeline discrepancy and besides, I'm not too sure how I'd feel about seeing Nemesis in Resident Evil 2.

That title is already hyped up as the best ever, has been since its original release, while Nemesis was largely overlooked and I think I'd feel a certain kind of way about one of the only praised elements of 3 being thrown into that hype-fest, even if it was just as a cameo.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
On second thought, I guess you're right. By the time Leon and Claire arrive in Raccoon City, Jill is at the clocktower on the other side of town. While it might be easy to believe that Nemmy went off to heal somewhere after his clocktower fight with Jill, the idea of him traveling all the way on the other side of town to do so does seem rather superfluous. The only way I see this working is if they revise the timeline to where Leon and Claire arrive JUST after Nemesis first appears outside the R.P.D. and before Jill and Carlos leave on the tram.

Still doesn't rule out us getting security cam footage of Nemmy at the R.P.D., though. They could either have a collectible tape that you can't play initially like Kenneth's tape in REmake that later shows Jill running from Nemmy and cut away as soon as he's about to appear onscreen or a distorted monitor feed with a blurry still of Nemmy stamped Sep. 28, 1998, then cut to Mr. X approaching on one of the other monitor screens. That would be a good way of easter-egging Nemmy and using him as foreshadowing for Mr. X at the same time. You could even hear a distorted "S.T.A.R.S!" in the background for added effect before cutting to Mr. X marching down the hallway. They could also show destruction, i.e: cracked window at the R.P.D. to let us know he was there.

There's a bunch of different ways of featuring/referencing Nemesis without him appearing in-person. I'd also love it if we got security cam feeds of Jill at the R.P.D., but I doubt Capcom would go out of their way to pay another actor to do photo scans for what amounts to a small cameo.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
There's a bunch of different ways of featuring/referencing Nemesis without him appearing in-person. I'd also love it if we got security cam feeds of Jill at the R.P.D., but I doubt Capcom would go out of their way to pay another actor to do photo scans for what amounts to a small cameo.

Actually they might do something like that. In fact they did do some sort of an easter egg for back to the future in RE2 and 3.

Zacmac90

Other than appearing on a camera in the RPD that Leon/Claire could view, I don't know of any other way they could have Nemesis make an appearance that makes sense since he has nothing to do with Leon or Claire's storyline and he'd already be long gone and into his 2nd stage by the time they got there

Toe Foo

If he wasn't in the original 2, then it's unlikely. Nemesis came in the third game. But maybe Brad could still be a sub-boss type zombie once more.

Zacmac90

Speaking of Brad, he was murdered by Nemesis just before Jill entered the RPD and when she leaves his body is gone. She wasn't in the RPD no where near as long as Leon & Claire, how was he up that quick?

Also IF he is included I hope they show where he got impaled by that tentacle, hard to tell in those days

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Well they did show people turning into zombies real fast at the intro of RE3. and in RE2 Marvin was alive in the beginning of the when you enter the police station. but later he does turn when we get to the office he's in.

Zacmac90

Well they did show people turning into zombies real fast at the intro of RE3. and in RE2 Marvin was alive in the beginning of the when you enter the police station. but later he does turn when we get to the office he's in.

Jill gets to RPD first, Marvin is "fatally wounded by zombies" in his office...

Leon/Claire get to the RPD, Marvin is laying against some lockers having a brief conversation with one of them and than later is in his office, stands up and THAN turns? I may be overthinking this a bit, but if you are "fatally wounded" shouldnt that mean your DEAD?

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Yes you're right fatally wounded does mean you're dead unless you receive appropriate medical attention immediately. like Richard in RE1.

Oasis

The cameo is a great idea. And you can think about a thousand reasons for Nemesis to say hello at the police station, in the streets or in the sewers, by the way. The guy spends two days alone, long enough to wander anywhere.

Generally speaking... It didn't occur to me before, but the upcoming RE2:make has GREAT opportunities to tie things up to both a future RE3:make and the old Outbreak games. It would be nice to have a number of cameos, tie-ins and Chekhov Guns, and generally speaking to not have the feeling each Raccoon City adventure is improvised after the previous one.

Zacmac90

Kinda curious if Nemesis in the game had the terminator vision like in the movie and even if he was successful how would Umbrella retrieve him from Raccoon City. Uber perhaps? Lol

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
imagine if they did RE3 remaster as DLC for re2. and you could play the timeline as it should be....
such wow.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yeah, an actual in-person cameo appearance is out of the question (barring a timeline revision), but it still doesn't rule out RPD security cam footage of Nemmy which realistically would be on file somewhere.

Any cool or fun fan service idea you or anyone else have won't be in the game. Sorry but Capcom don't like creative ideas.. They do however enjoy to mess with the fans by giving their main characters funky new looks and voices in every game :)

noctorro

A Nemesis cameo in RE2 would result in the following fan expectations.

1) Capcom is remaking RE3.
2) Nemesis updated-design (a valuable card for a hypothetical RE3 remake) spilled before the game is announced.

From a business perspective, it'd be a bad move for Capcom to include a Nemesis cameo.

Also, RE2 and RE3 are separate games. They should be treated as such.

Reactions: Jen

Ark2000

noctorro made some good points. While at one hand it would be fun to see Nemesis cameo (done in one way or another), or maybe even do something similar for Jill (can't imagine what though, she's in coma during RE 2 events), it would probably be bad idea because we still don't know just how successful RE 2 remake is gonna be, or how long it would take for RE 3 remake to happen, so why would Capcom bother unless they are 100% sure in whatever future plans they have. I still think they could at least include some not so obvious clues and secrets/easter eggs about RE 3, Jill and Nemesis, and which could be revisited if RE 3 remake ever gets made.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
A Nemesis cameo in RE2 would result in the following fan expectations.

1) Capcom is remaking RE3.
2) Nemesis updated-design (a valuable card for a hypothetical RE3 remake) spilled before the game is announced.

From a business perspective, it'd be a bad move for Capcom to include a Nemesis cameo.

Also, RE2 and RE3 are separate games. They should be treated as such.
I fully agree. Surprises are not meant to be spoiled. Even though we know a RE3 remake is probably coming, this would ruin it.

Top Bottom