• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will these remaining characters make a return?

NextGRE

Billy could come back if something happened around here he is. He probably wouldn't show up with Rebecca, she would be in big trouble if that happened.. I mean, they could run into each other in some bad situation with them being the only two in that area.

HookerZombie

I can picture Ashley grown up and hope she can be reunited with Leon, carrying a gun.

Ashley IS a grown up, she's 20 years old! She just wasn't the type to pick up a gun which is ok imo because not every female (or even male) character should have to be violent.

And for the record Leon was only one year older than her when he made his debut in RE2.

Anyways back to the subject i would have loved to see Carlos and Rebecca return for a new game but considering what Crapcom did to Sherry's character in RE6 I think maybe it's a good thing they haven't returned (though Rebecca is in that new Vendetta movie).

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Ashley IS a grown up, she's 20 years old! She just wasn't the type to pick up a gun which is ok imo because not every female (or even male) character should have to be violent.

And for the record Leon was only one year older than her when he made his debut in RE2.
I agree that Ashley might not be the type to pick up a gun (though if that's the case, I find it hilarious that she has no compunctions about throwing an oil lamp at an enemy and burning them to death :p). With regards to her age, I think you have to take into account that she's probably lived a very protected life, and I reckon that's why she comes across as younger.

In reply to the original post, I don't think there's any call for Ashley to return at all. Her story is done and her father isn't even president anymore, so it would be a hell of a stretch to bring her back in any capacity.

I think it's the same with Billy. He's on the run, and if he was to return then it would be obvious that Rebecca lied about his death and they'd have to sort that mess out. Sure they could explain it somehow but I feel that it's best to leave Billy as he is.

As for Jake, I would like him to return, especially after that scene we saw of him at the end of 6. There's still more potential for him, and it's an unpopular opinion but I actually quite liked his character. Whether or not it'll happen... I don't know, especially with the direction RE7 took.

HookerZombie

I agree that Ashley might not be the type to pick up a gun (though if that's the case, I find it hilarious that she has no compunctions about throwing an oil lamp at an enemy and burning them to death :p). With regards to her age, I think you have to take into account that she's probably lived a very protected life, and I reckon that's why she comes across as younger.

In reply to the original post, I don't think there's any call for Ashley to return at all. Her story is done and her father isn't even president anymore, so it would be a hell of a stretch to bring her back in any capacity.

I think it's the same with Billy. He's on the run, and if he was to return then it would be obvious that Rebecca lied about his death and they'd have to sort that mess out. Sure they could explain it somehow but I feel that it's best to leave Billy as he is.

As for Jake, I would like him to return, especially after that scene we saw of him at the end of 6. There's still more potential for him, and it's an unpopular opinion but I actually quite liked his character. Whether or not it'll happen... I don't know, especially with the direction RE7 took.

I kind of felt that throwing the lamps fit in perfectly with her type of character. Like maybe her refusal to use a gun was due to them being complicated weapons that she had no training with but she will use an improvised weapon (like the lanterns) when she desperately has to protect herself. Also I agree that she probably lived a very sheltered and cushy lifestyle being the president's daughter which would explain why she wasn't as mature acting as some of the other Resident Evil characters who were around the same age as her.

Anyways back on subject i don't see a reason for Ashley to return either because her father isn't the US president anymore. And Billy's returning would be hard to explain because he's an escaped criminal. Even though personally I like both of those characters.

Turo602

The King of Kings
The fact that Billy is an escaped criminal is what makes his return so interesting. He's not a BSAA soldier looking for threats nor is he a government agent who specializes in BOWs. He's a wildcard. Who he became, where he settled down can be anything.

Something I thought they should have done in RE6 was team Jake up with Chris because of their obvious tension and what that could have done for their character development. On one side, you have Chris who is sent to retrieve and protect Jake, but due to his attitude and then later, the revelation that he's Wesker's son, doesn't trust him. Then you have Jake who thinks he's hot sh*t and is only going along with Chris for the money but finds out his dad was Wesker and that Chris killed him. Rather than act like an immature punk, he shows respect and sympathy towards Chris for the pain his deadbeat father caused him and for saving the entire world by stopping him. Not only do you have the unique partner dynamic with Chris essentially playing babysitter to a brat, but Jake actually comes out a respectable character by the end of it.

Anyway, I say this because I think that kind of "forced to work together" relationship could still be used for a story involving Billy Coen. They could do something similar to Vendetta to get Chris and Rebecca together. Chris being the (red)field man goes off on his own while Rebecca is doing lab work to aid Chris later. Chris could cross paths with Billy Coen and think to himself that he looks familiar. Later, after working together and Billy mentioning his military experience, Chris puts it together and turns on Billy but can't do anything about it in the moment because he needs his help to survive whatever ordeal they're in. At this point, the 2 don't like each other and Chris doesn't trust Billy and many situations can come about to mess with the player that make it seem like maybe Billy can't be trusted and will screw Chris over to get back his freedom. After meeting back up with Rebecca, Chris could get over protective and immediately handcuff Billy before he gets too close to Rebecca and Rebecca could set everything straight, much like she did in Vendetta. Chris could then use his authority with the BSAA to clear Billy's name officially.

The game could even keep Billy's identity a secret until that WTF moment where Chris finds out. Billy will obviously look older, maybe even have a beard, a shaved head, or whatever, and a jacket covering his tattoo to throw us off.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think Billy Coen would be the perfect character for a future installment. He could be treated as an all new character and like @Turo602 said, players wouldn't need to know that it's Billy until later in the game as one of the plot twists. There is absolutely no reason to assume that Billy Coen would still be named Billy. In order for him to stay hidden and having a life he would have likely changed his name and his identity. Maybe even settled down and a had a family. There's also no reason to suggest he died in the Arklay Mountains either since one could debate he as the most skilled protagonist at that point of time thanks to his military training.

Billy has so much potential to be tied into so many aspects in the Resident Evil lore that he could even show up regarding one of the on going story arcs. Maybe in a way that will shock a lot of people. I honestly think he'd be a great protagonist to explore in the future and I think he's a great character that can tell a story on his own merits.

Cure Zombrex

Even if certain characters were to return, do you think Capcom or any of their hired hands, would just alter their design, like what happened with Chris? Obviously, they would be way older now, but what they did to Chris' model was rather drastic.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I honestly don't think we'll see anyone from the main games again. (Unless it's a cameo like what they did with Redfield in Resident Evil 7.) It looks like Capcom is trying to go in a new direction, one that seemingly has very little to do with the original characters.

Hawkeye47

I want to see Carlos Oliveira make a comeback, he was an interesting character indeed, that was a mercenary for Umbrella.

Cure Zombrex

I do like Ada, but we're not close to finding out anything about who she works for beyond a couple of clues. Every single time she appears, it's for a new "mission" and then she upstages Leon or whatever, but that's about it. Although one thing about mystery characters is that they are meant to be stay mysterious, even if it is teasing us. However, I would like to know why she hooked up with Wesker, for example. What is her true motives? Will we ever find out?

Billy Coen

I find it very unlikely Billy's return. He was wrongly accused of being the killer of the people in that African village. Rebecca discovered the truth and deciced to report him as dead and let him live his life.

He is probally hiding now and using another identity.

MisterScott

Will we see Jake Muller come back? I would like for him to explore his origins and connection to his father Albert Wesker.

Of course, maybe he'll be haunted by his father's ghost.

As for Ashley & Billy.

I can picture Ashley grown up and hope she can be reunited with Leon, carrying a gun.

Billy? Wonder what he's been up to since RE0.

I have a idea, if Capcom decides to end the franchise they should make a "epilogue" set 60 years after the events of Resident Evil 4 showing a elderly Ashley in a retirement home meeting one of her fellow residents a scrawny bald old man at first not thinking much of him but later he comes out of his room with his wig on and she realises it's Leon.

Top Bottom