• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why were the voices for the zombies changed?

Retrogamer

I miss the old moans from re1 and cvx.

It was the best in cvx, cause it sounded like they were singing, and when one almost catches you but you just manage to dodge it, it makes a different sound in cvx of excitement.

I miss that sound, and even make fun of it, because its just fun.

Anyone else also liked the ones who did the moaning voices best in cvx? in the movies, it was just a screech for an example, and they would run at you.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I never really listend to the Zombie moans. But I like the Zombie moan that sounded like a "ghost howling" from RE2... You probably don't know which one I mean xD

Retrogamer

Actually: i don't remember that one.I played re2, but i can't remember.

I used to go into a corner and lure zombies, and then run around them.When you did this in resident evil code veronica x, they make a prolonged moan of excitement of almost catching you.The ones in antartica are practically singing in their moans.In code veronica, you had to run around them because they do a thing where they turn around really fast and grab you, so you have to be really fast.In re1, they turn around slowly and walk into walls like idiots.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Because Resident Evil is trying to be new. Apparently a moan is old school. Now it's an "AARRGGHH" Sorta thing. And I also miss a slow dumb zombie. Not ones that can shoot guns now.

Retrogamer

Slow dumb zombies=resident evil.Running zombies= something else alike the movie, and i don't like those, because it is too much like those fps games.Remember when you could avoid being grabbed by going up the stairs, and the zombies couldn't grab onto you, and instead spit acid? Remember the stupid zombies who like later games turned around really fast and grabbed you at times? They at least still gave you an opportunity to run past them.Zombies were supposed to be slow and a lot of times predictable, not fast zombies running at you like in the movies.

Resident evil 1,2,3, code veronica are acceptable.Even the zombies in resident evil gaiden are acceptable, because they have long ranged weapons and hit you with a pipe, and take more than 1 hit.That could end up being scary if you see more than 1 zombie shamble towards you, and try to hit you with their pipe, or try to bite or scratch you.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I wouldn't say I'm necessarily disappointed in the change, but sometimes the hissing and growling annoy me. The moans never did!

Top Bottom