• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Why the Jake and Sherry story seems like a love story?

KKAAIIG

So I've read the files on RE6 and it turns out for 11 years Sherry has just been a guinea pig for the government and has only just been given freedom when Wesker died. She was asked to work for them and she accepted straight away, So I doubt she had much time to train with scientists experimenting on her all the time.

Birkin

So I've read the files on RE6 and it turns out for 11 years Sherry has just been a guinea pig for the government and has only just been given freedom when Wesker died. She was asked to work for them and she accepted straight away, So I doubt she had much time to train with scientists experimenting on her all the time.
Yeah I agree.
Also,Jake as a mercenary must have travel a lot,and when someone travelles and generally when someone see new things with his own eyes,listening the other people speaking a different language than his,he has to learn their language to communicate with them,then he will end up more skilled in cultures than someone who is held into a room.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
1. (sorry if someone else posted this already)
When you are hiding from Ustanka,if I remember well in the second metal box,this dialoque happens between Sherry and Jake that is really interesting
S : Keep your hands for yourself
J : You are the one rub on me all the time
S : (I don't remember what she says here,sorry)
J : Who told you that you are my type? (or something like this)
S : If I didn't need you alive I would shooting you
(I think they say something like that)
Totally gonna have to look for this now :p

MetalGamer2

Survivor
1. (sorry if someone else posted this already)
When you are hiding from Ustanka,if I remember well in the second metal box,this dialoque happens between Sherry and Jake that is really interesting
S : Keep your hands for yourself
J : You are the one rub on me all the time
S : (I don't remember what she says here,sorry)
J : Who told you that you are my type? (or something like this)
S : If I didn't need you alive I would shooting you
(I think they say something like that)

I heard that ONCE (on my first playthrough) and for some reason I haven't been able to replicate it! :mad:
I just wish I could hear it one more time, but I couldn't figure out what the conditions were :(

Birkin

I heard that ONCE (on my first playthrough) and for some reason I haven't been able to replicate it! :mad:
I just wish I could hear it one more time, but I couldn't figure out what the conditions were :(
Hide in the second metal box you will find while Ustanka is chasing you ;)

KeviinnCh

Yeahhh, I also love their love story. They're very cute :3. I hope I can see something like this again in another RE series :D
Do you know that Sherry is older than Jake? hahahahaha I think it's cute

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
^I thought I was the only one. I understand Billy and Rebecca, but Sherry and Jake feel forced. I don't mind either character by themselves though.

If they would've made Jake older, more mature and Sherry less fragile and a little more badass then yes perhaps I would've liked this pairing more. Those one liners of Jake almost killed me. He can't pull them off like Barry or Leon... it was cringe worthy.

I'll keep the rest to myself as I don't want a debate, just wanted to share my two cents that's all.

Baxcy

S.T.A.R.S.
^I thought I was the only one. I understand Billy and Rebecca, but Sherry and Jake feel forced. I don't mind either character by themselves though.

If they would've made Jake older, more mature and Sherry less fragile and a little more badass then yes perhaps I would've liked this pairing more. Those one liners of Jake almost killed me. He can't pull them off like Barry or Leon... it was cringe worthy.

I'll keep the rest to myself as I don't want a debate, just wanted to share my two cents that's all.

Yeah, but, then again, I don't ship a lot of canon pairings.
Leon and Ada? No. Jake and Sherry? No. I'm more of a FxF kind of guy. Ahem.
But honestly now, the whole thing seemed like a desperate love story.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well it seems to have been planned since the very beginning as you can judge by "Scenario Selection - Jake" image in The Art Director's Notebook but they are a fitting couple so why not?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ooooh, nice! I only ship MxM (although I don't mind JakeXSherry), so your pairings and my pairings will never conflict with each other. :D

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Yeah, but, then again, I don't ship a lot of canon pairings.
Leon and Ada? No. Jake and Sherry? No. I'm more of a FxF kind of guy. Ahem.
But honestly now, the whole thing seemed like a desperate love story.

Oh if you're looking for FxF sadly that will probably never happen with Sherry, but keep your eye on Helena and Hunnigan... that seems legit. ;)

Baxcy

S.T.A.R.S.
Oh if you're looking for FxF sadly that will probably never happen with Sherry, but keep your eye on Helena and Hunnigan... that seems legit. ;)

I see a bunch of Helena/Hunnigan fanart...but no fanfiction, really.
No fem action with Sherry, hmm? Weird, I thought mass AdaxSherry shippers would emerge when Ada saved Sherry. That's what usually happens, anyways.

This.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I see a bunch of Helena/Hunnigan fanart...but no fanfiction, really.
No fem action with Sherry, hmm? Weird, I thought mass AdaxSherry shippers would emerge when Ada saved Sherry. That's what usually happens, anyways.

This.

Hahaha I guess fans have that rule that "If they touch or make eye contact, we ship it." I think Helena is matched up with just about every female in the franchise. She's a real ladies... er lady I guess? Pretty sure she's the first actual gay female character, but that's just me! I love the hell out of her though!

Back on topic: I've noticed in "Shake's" campaign that every single chance those two get they hold hands. Again I don't have a problem with either character, but really? Even if I was in love with someone and we were being chased by monsters I don't think I'd hold their hand every chance I got. They kind of reminded me of a mushy highschool couple. They're adults and I just think they should have made them both a bit more mature. A kiss at the end would have sufficed and made much more sense if this was a "romance" for two people in their 20's.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Jake had to fight for his and his mother's well-being since he was a young teenager, and Sherry was held hostage by the government till very recently. They might be in their 20's, but I don't think either of them has any real experience when it comes to romance.

Top Bottom