• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Why the Jake and Sherry story seems like a love story?

delilah muller

I really Really hope that if there is a upcoming RE7 they stage the attack ( infection or raid ) at jake and sherrys wedding id love to see how angry jake gets and how devistated sherry is fighting in a wedding dress :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just saying, I LOVED the romance. As characters I really liked them both, and I really do want some romance in RE. More than just the sexual tension between Leon and Ada...That's not a real romance. But what they did with Jake and Sherry was brilliant, and I really want them to delve deeper into this, be it in more cannon films, DLC, or full on games.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Glad I'm not the only one who liked their relationship! I too thought it was very cute. BUT I find it way too coincidental that they ended up together though. . . I mean think about it:

- Jake's father is Wesker
- Sherry's father is Birkin
- Wesker and Birkin were both Umbrella researchers (and best friends)
- Last but not least: Birkin is credited as being the only person Wesker has ever trusted. . .

I was really hoping they would play off these factors in RE6. I mean, I think it would be so cool to see their reactions when they realize their parents were best friends! Which is why I was dissapointed at the end when they both went their seperate ways... I'm really hoping that in the next game they meet up. Not only so they can continue to further their relationship, but also so they might have the opportunity to find out more about their parents... maybe some old files that bring to light the Wesker/Birkin friendship.

USS-Vector

Glad I'm not the only one who liked their relationship! I too thought it was very cute. BUT I find it way too coincidental that they ended up together though. . . I mean think about it:

- Last but not least: Birkin is credited as being the only person Wesker has ever trusted. . .

I was really hoping they would play off these factors in RE6. I mean, I think it would be so cool to see their reactions when they realize their parents were best friends! Which is why I was dissapointed at the end when they both went their seperate ways... I'm really hoping that in the next game they meet up. Not only so they can continue to further their relationship, but also so they might have the opportunity to find out more about their parents... maybe some old files that bring to light the Wesker/Birkin friendship.
Thank you. I can't agree more. It is indeed very coincidental and I don't think Jake knows about the relationship between their fathers. However,Sherry should know about it. Also, by this thread, we may find out the root of the whole resident evil story back to Wesker and William. Hope Capcom will bring us more surprise

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Thank you. I can't agree more. It is indeed very coincidental and I don't think Jake knows about the relationship between their fathers. However,Sherry should know about it. Also, by this thread, we may find out the root of the whole resident evil story back to Wesker and William. Hope Capcom will bring us more surprise

Yeah, I definitely hear you in saying that Sherry should know about that. But when Jake told her in the locker room, I'm pretty sure she would've said something about it there (if she knew). Of course, we can only wait and hope Capcom will reveal such things to the characters :)

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Just saying, I LOVED the romance. As characters I really liked them both, and I really do want some romance in RE. More than just the sexual tension between Leon and Ada...That's not a real romance. But what they did with Jake and Sherry was brilliant, and I really want them to delve deeper into this, be it in more cannon films, DLC, or full on games.

there is a file confirming (on RE6, when you find a Serpent Emblem) that Leon's and Ada's relationship is "complicated"

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!

Funnily enough, they share the friendship their parents had, and you could say Birkin is still the only person Wesker trusts completely, just this new generation. I like it :D

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Funnily enough, they share the friendship their parents had, and you could say Birkin is still the only person Wesker trusts completely, just this new generation. I like it :D

Exactly my point. Basically Jake and Sherry share the same relationship as their parents did before them, except this time one of them is a man and the other is a woman... which of course changes things a little ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
there is a file confirming (on RE6, when you find a Serpent Emblem) that Leon's and Ada's relationship is "complicated"
I'm not saying there is nothing there between Leon and Ada. There DEFINITELY is. But, RE6 explored more ROMANCE than just the IDEA of what could be more so than ANY game with Leon and Ada.

willowsby

actually Jake & Sherry remind me of them
BillyampRebecca.jpg

yes, Capcom gave some nice possible romance relationship with Jake & Sherry, hopefully they don't end with the same fate as Billy & Rebecca (forgotten)

Leon & Ada still going nowhere
Chris looks like destined to be alone & Jill forgotten in RE 6 although at least Jill still mention in RE6 official artbook only as Chris's partner

Now, I remember RE CVX also have bitter-sweet romance between Claire & Steve.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
BillyampRebecca.jpg

yes, Capcom gave some nice possible romance relationship with Jake & Sherry, hopefully they don't end with the same fate as Billy & Rebecca (forgotten)

Chris looks like destined to be alone & Jill forgotten in RE 6 although at least Jill still mention in RE6 official artbook only as Chris's partner

Sheva forever alone?

KKAAIIG

I think it's good that there is a bit of romance and they seem like a great couple, changing the topic slightly.. did any of you think Capcom made Sherry seem, weak? I mean you would've thought after becoming an agent and having traces of G in her, she wouldn't need to rely on Jake to save her a lot? Unless Capcom is trying to build her character up. xD

Darkness

Infected
I think it's good that there is a bit of romance and they seem like a great couple, changing the topic slightly.. did any of you think Capcom made Sherry seem, weak? I mean you would've thought after becoming an agent and having traces of G in her, she wouldn't need to rely on Jake to save her a lot? Unless Capcom is trying to build her character up. xD
Actually yes, she did seem extremely fragile and incompetent, like a foil character for the awesome and badass Jake.

In Ch 1, when they first encounter a Jake swing-able pole, he swings on it and asks Sherry to follow him like it's no big deal. She explains something like shes "not a circus performer," essentially degrading herself, and making them have to find another way for poor little Sherry.

When they first start Ch 3 and they are unarmed, they say the exact opposite about their fighting capabilities. Sherry says "I'm not even going to attempt to fight until i find a gun," where Jake embraces confidence in his abilities saying something roughly like "I don't need a weapon to take down you assholes."

It doesn't stop at physical prowess either, Jake seems to crush her mental capabilities as well. When you encounter the statue in Ch 3 that needs 10 ID tokens to open the door, it has Chinese writing on it. When you read it as Jake, he translates it. When you read it as Sherry, she says "Jake could probably read this."

Then, when your getting the ID tokens themselves, to get one of them you have to play on a piano. If you play it as Jake, he plays a complicated classical piece with great skill. When you play it as Sherry, she slopily plays the tune to "twinkle twinkle little star" or "the alphabet."

Both the piano and the Chinese writing imply that Jake is not only more cultured than Sherry, but also an extremely fast learner. Pretty much the only thing Sherry has over Jake is her healing, which he frequently compliments (i.e. "supergirl"), and her unwavering idealism/innocence, which he actually picks up himself towards the end of the game (as seen with the middle eastern Napad scene). I always notice these details. :cool:

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
BillyampRebecca.jpg

now that i look at the posted picture....to me it seems capcom is doing a some sort of subtle thing with fan-service (or something like that), with the Sherry & Jake thing being Billy & Rebecca (cause when i look at the posted picture i can see Jake in Billy and Sherry in Rebecca), Helena's defult on the Mercenaries stage Urban Chaos being a hint to a Claire, and that one part on Leon's campain, the part where you get to the gas-station and help out the survivors, and the cop in the group says "it's my first day on the job...." (a reference to Leon in the second Resident Evil) the Napads remind me of the Hunters, the bloodshots are like the lickers and most importantly that Ustanka (i pretty sure i misspelled it) is like the Nemesis, i am the only one noticing this? i don't know about all of you but this, is as fan-service as capcom can do (on Resident Evil 6)

Birkin

(I agree with what many people post already)
I really love this couple, I also support them as characters,I wanna see them again in RE 7,their campaign was really interesting and enjoyable!!!

1. (sorry if someone else posted this already)
When you are hiding from Ustanka,if I remember well in the second metal box,this dialoque happens between Sherry and Jake that is really interesting
S : Keep your hands for yourself
J : You are the one rub on me all the time
S : (I don't remember what she says here,sorry)
J : Who told you that you are my type? (or something like this)
S : If I didn't need you alive I would shooting you
(I think they say something like that)

2. Also, is it me or some of the rooms, in the Chinese building, like for example the bedroom and the swimming pool with the roses and the pinkish atmosphere are romantic?
I think 1. and 2. reasons are some more reasons why it's like a love story

Top Bottom