• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Why the bird mask?

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
Hi!
New here, I practically signed up just to discuss this thing that has been bugging me for a while now...
We all see Jill cloaked and masked in RE5...
My question is: why?
Why did Wesker in full control of her decided to hide her completely from view?
Wouldn't he want to see one of his nemesis completely at his disposal and control; watch her do his evil bidding without refusing?

Probably he just did it so that nobody would go after her, but in the event that there are deeper implications on that...
What do you think?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
More than likely the main reason why they had the cloak and mask on Jill was to hide her from the fans- you know to "surprise" us. Even if it wasn't that big of a surprise it still kept most people playing just so they could go "HAH I KNEW IT!"

The design of the beak mask was of course for looks. Her outfit is also based off of those worn by doctors way back when.
http://theconceptlibrarian.tumblr.com/post/1315492675/readmorewikipedia-a-beak-doctor-costume-was-an

Of course if you want a reason for the story's sake, you could definitely say it was to keep her from drawing unwanted attention while on missions prior to and during Kijuju (she is supposed to be daed afterall). Also to keep her hidden from Chris till Wesker was ready to reveal her to him.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Plus, remember what Sheva said about American's not being trusted...Jill was also wearing gloves...NO skin was exposed, so nobody could tell she was white...i'm not saying all whites are American lol, my point is they wouldn't think she was American if they just saw her in a mask/cloak...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
IDK if that is entirely so because Irving was running around unhidden. Plus most of the locals were already infected by the time the game starts. Wesker was even walking amongst them and being guarded by them (when he's getting on the ship).

If Jill did anything prior to the release of the parasite it was definitely behind the scenes; she wasn't walking among the everyday villagers even if she was in a cloak and mask because that still would have looked suspicious- I would think anyway.

Wouldn't he want to see one of his nemesis completely at his disposal and control; watch her do his evil bidding without refusing?

Maybe if it were Chris. :p

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
IDK if that is entirely so because Irving was running around unhidden.
I guess that's why they caugth up with him...
Oh! Now I know why we don't even know how HUNK looks like!

she wasn't walking among the everyday villagers even if she was in a cloak and mask because that still would have looked suspicious- I would think anyway.
I think a cloak and a mask that would give you diarrea from just running into it would look much more suspicious than a woman in a battlesuit...

Maybe if it were Chris. :p
Make me wonder what Wesker would've dressed Chris like...

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
My theory:

Las Plagas means 'The Plagues' in Spanish. Perhaps her outfit is a reference to the beak-masked doctors during the times of the Black Plague?

Josh

I doubt this is relevant but That mask is similiar to a mask doctors used to use when dealing with sick patients. extremely gumby but true.

Thanks to the history lesson Assassins creed brotherhood gave me :D

I learned more about the passed with that game then 11 years of school.

G-Viruse Infectee

The Ashford Twins. We really are twins.
i just thought it was too hide the charecters so the player wouldnt know it was her but after the whole i have too look for jill , it was like i bet the woman in mask and cloak is her.

Josh

I just beat her. god damn she's almost the most annoying boss I've ever face.

Top Bottom