• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why? Oh why?

PunkMaister

The Resident Evil games franchise is without question one if not the best horror game franchise there is having said that there are unexplained sniglets of the universe within the franchise.

Why are the cerberus or zombie dogs all dobbermans as if somehow that's the only large dog breed that exists when clearly it is not German Sheppards, Ptbulls to name a few come to mind. The same goes for crows as if that's the only bird that can flock in numbers enough to peck people to death, didn't the authors of the game ever watched Hitchcock The Birds?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Resident Evil games franchise is without question one if not the best horror game franchise there is having said that there are unexplained sniglets of the universe within the franchise.

Why are the cerberus or zombie dogs all dobbermans as if somehow that's the only large dog breed that exists when clearly it is not German Sheppards, Ptbulls to name a few come to mind. The same goes for crows as if that's the only bird that can flock in numbers enough to peck people to death, didn't the authors of the game ever watched Hitchcock The Birds?
Those are the animals Umbrella specifically tested on...

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I'd take the game back to the shop if it had Undead Chiwawa's. Doberman's are menacing... hence their selection.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
A rabid, zombie pitbull would be the scariest MF'n thing! Well, maybe next to a Rottweiler. I spelled that, right? Rottweiler...

One thing I did like about the Outbreak game was that it experimented with zombie lions, zombie elephants, among other zombified animals. That was pretty cool.

And yeah, why isn't it that we never saw any zombie chihuahuas? Or zombie cats? WHY?!? Where are the cats?!? I would've LOVED that! (Domestic cats, that is...not like the lion I just mentioned...)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
A rabid, zombie pitbull would be the scariest MF'n thing! Well, maybe next to a Rottweiler. I spelled that, right? Rottweiler...

One thing I did like about the Outbreak game was that it experimented with zombie lions, zombie elephants, among other zombified animals. That was pretty cool.

And yeah, why isn't it that we never saw any zombie chihuahuas? Or zombie cats? WHY?!? Where are the cats?!? I would've LOVED that! (Domestic cats, that is...not like the lion I just mentioned...)
Cats would actually be really cool...They'd scratch your ****ing eyes out...

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Cats would actually be really cool...They'd scratch your ******* eyes out...

Oh yeah. And just imagine walking through a creepy house and a cat just jumps out at you from around the corner and starts scratching the hell out of your face. Scarier than any zombie. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh yeah. And just imagine walking through a creepy house and a cat just jumps out at you from around the corner and starts scratching the hell out of your face. Scarier than any zombie. ;)
Plus, I think a cats screech is much scarier than that of a zombie...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Like KK explained, you only see Dobermans for two reasons.

RE Zero/REmake - Dobermans were the choice dogs of Umbrella to create the Cerberus.

RE 2/3/Outbreak - Because the game takes place in/around the police station, you only see the sniffer dogs used by RPD police, which were Dobermans.

Mostly, it's because other dogs and domesticated cats just aren't scary in comparison to Lions, Elephants, Gorilla's, etc.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Has anyone else caught on to that being the reason you're always talkin about gum, or am I the first?
No, that smooth as silk, sex on legs Hussy known as La-Femme has noticed i'm obsessed with gum... ( which i am ) keeps your jaw line defined you see.

Theres three types of people in this world who are automatically more interesting than your average joe, simply down to a habit or two they have.

People who smoke,
People who are late,
&
People who chew gum.

are always almost interesting people... there, i've just shared a little one of lifes secrets with you... keep it in mind.

ps, I do actually crack one liners when under pressure... separates the Men, from the waste of breaths.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No, that smooth as silk, sex on legs Hussy known as La-Femme has noticed i'm obsessed with gum... ( which i am ) keeps your jaw line defined you see.

Theres three types of people in this world who are automatically more interesting than your average joe, simply down to a habit or two they have.

People who smoke,
People who are late,
&
People who chew gum.

are always almost interesting people... there, i've just shared a little one of lifes secrets with you... keep it in mind.

ps, I do actually crack one liners when under pressure... separates the Men, from the waste of breaths.
Haha...Man...I've done both the of the last two more than a few times in my life...And of course you crack one liners in tense situations...Gives you a sense that you're still in control...Like confidence in a comment...I'm famous for it among people who know me...Though my mouth HAS been known to overload my ass from time to time...

Top Bottom