• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is the shotgun the perfect anti-zombie weapon?

James_Barrett

I've noticed in alot of film and games that a shotgun is an ultimate zombie meat-grinder. Such as in the Dawn of the Dead remake almost everyone at least once used a shotgun. Please give me your reasons why.:lol::huh:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Is this your introduction or a misplaced thread?

Anyhow, welcome to REN, enjoy your stay. :)

Hoady

Well as long as the thing your trying to kill is at least 5-10 meters in front of you, no matter what its going to be shredded whether its a zombie or a fricken bear(well i dunno bears are pretty beast).In other words if your in a hallway or indoor areas you pretty much got no chance of missing,i mean you wouldn't fire a sniper if your raiding a house unless your just a ridiculously amazing shot.

Then again i've never fired a proper gun as of yet so regard my information completely theoretical.Oh yeah and this.
shotgun-by-nerf.jpg

RichardB

Premium
A shotgun is a great close in weapon for combat - even with zombies!

Hello & Welcome to the Resident Evil Boards!

(Retired Gunnermate 1st Class, USCG) ;)

Mr Sunshine

Shotgun is slow in both reloading and attack rate just like the zombies!

Also zombies can't attack you from a far distance. So they try to get close to you.. ;)

Btw welcome!

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
Welcome to RE-Forum have a nice stay
and as for youre question the shotgun is the PERFECT zombiekilling Gun.... ;)

James_Barrett

Hoady;72148 said:
Well as long as the thing your trying to kill is at least 5-10 meters in front of you, no matter what its going to be shredded whether its a zombie or a fricken bear(well i dunno bears are pretty beast).In other words if your in a hallway or indoor areas you pretty much got no chance of missing,i mean you wouldn't fire a sniper if your raiding a house unless your just a ridiculously amazing shot.

Then again i've never fired a proper gun as of yet so regard my information completely theoretical.Oh yeah and this.
shotgun-by-nerf.jpg

Trust me on this if you ever come to the States go to a firing range, guns are fun and a good stress-reliever :pirate:

Hoady

James_Barrett;72310 said:
Trust me on this if you ever come to the States go to a firing range, guns are fun and a good stress-reliever :pirate:

I actually plan to one day, gun use here is incredibly strict i await the day till i shoot some form of bolt action rifle.

jw1322

wide spread at long ranges for large groups and massive destructive potential at close range to make sure they stay down.

Also welcome!

Top Bottom