• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Why does the less popular system get the Survival Horror game?

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I've noticed Capcom doesn't put much effort into side-stories like this. They experiment and see what works, and much of it comes off as just them trying to milk the name for as much as they can. It's hit or miss for fans. That said, I'm not going to bother with this. If it's any good, it'll inevitably be ported.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I have been watching videos it and I think it's a great game, much better than RE4 or RE5. The story is really good and has a lot of twists and surprises...

Sage

It's because the developers felt survival horror would be more suited to the 3DS after they started experimenting with it.
They mentioned in an interview how the 3D is good with it and stuff.
Full thing here: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/creators/8/0 (it's long.)

The 3DS hasn't had it's chance to shine, thus why some would consider it "less popular", even though it's selling way more than the competing Vita. There's a first time for everything. (First decent original game for the system.)

I wouldn't worry too much either way though, they said RE6 will have survival horror elements. I am aware they didn't really show that aspect in the trailer, but everyone moaned about it not having survival horror-ness to it and then after that they said it has parts of that style in it.

Just so every one knows this is a main series game. I just bought it today and I HIGHLY recommend it. Much better than 5. Raid mode is a lot better than mercenaries IMO.

Lizzy

I think Revelations works brilliantly on the 3DS - it has very good graphics, great touch screen and button controls and the fact it's only a few inches from your face makes its especially nerve racking - excellent!

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I think Revelations works brilliantly on the 3DS - it has very good graphics, great touch screen and button controls and the fact it's only a few inches from your face makes its especially nerve racking - excellent!
I very much agree. I love all the features and the fact it is like a console.

Carter478

I'm not really one who was into the 3D idea before but it really makes playing games on the 3DS that much better especially with Revelations its amazing

Jwells

i wanted to buy a 3DS just to play this game but i chose the vita because i think it's a better console!!!

I hope they will port it to the Vita someday. I'm still dying to play this game !!!

NintenStar

^Doubt it. Sony's Umbrella. I'm only loyal to the real Umbrella. I want to play this game. It's on the DS right? I have the system, but I doubt my dad will let me have it.

KKAAIIG

I recently bought a 3Ds and Revelations and I'm glad that the 3Ds got Revelations, the graphics are amazing in 3D, It has horror (I got scared a few times :L), I loved the story, the music, the characters, AI was a hell of a lot better than any other RE game! this is my favorite Resident Evil.

Top Bottom