• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Whose time in Raccoon City was harder: Jill or Leon/Claire

D

Deleted member 21244

I think Jill has the worst, she is blocked into an entire city while leon and Claire take shelter inside police station, and Jill almost died for a t virus infection...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Definitely Jill, she had to deal with the outbreak for much longer in the city as well as deal with it on a much larger scale than Leon and Claire given that her game spans a lot more of the city with Claire and Leon's part mostly taking place in the RPD station.

D

Deleted member 21244

Now, would you say Jill had a more difficult time in the Spencer Mansion OR escaping Raccoon City?
I think in raccon city, the Spencer mansion was just a mansion, the raccon city incident was the mansion incident only 1000 time larger, even in the last part of the game Jill had to face a nuclear explosion and she doesn't even know if she can escape the city or not, while in the mansion incident it was just the mansion explosion if she manage to escape like wesker did she could have survived even whitout an helicopter while it was impossible to escape a nuclear explosion on foot

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Now, would you say Jill had a more difficult time in the Spencer Mansion OR escaping Raccoon City?
I think the Mansion was actually probably a more difficult experience. The city Jill had the luxury of knowing the layout of, as well as already having training BECAUSE of the mansion incident. However, the mansion was worse. Cramped Quarters. Unfamiliar layout. Traps specifically designed to deal with intruders. No concept of the monsters you'd end up fighting. It just seems like it would be harder to survive the mansion.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
I think the Mansion was actually probably a more difficult experience. The city Jill had the luxury of knowing the layout of, as well as already having training BECAUSE of the mansion incident. However, the mansion was worse. Cramped Quarters. Unfamiliar layout. Traps specifically designed to deal with intruders. No concept of the monsters you'd end up fighting. It just seems like it would be harder to survive the mansion.

you mentioned an interesting subject: Jill knew Raccoon city but in Spencer mansion she is depending on that wired maps, yep. you are right.
another thing, was the weapons, which was awful ( specially in original Game play ).still , in Raccoon city monsters were more varied. and just think about our well shaped teeth - lib less friend there.
i believe after seeing nemesis everything is a big misunderstanding:biggrin:

i believe mansion was only a training for jill.

Calire and Leon had to consider other people to survive aswell. While Jill only had to think for herself.. Luckily imagine if she had to keep the fat man alive? xD

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That fat man is Dario Rosso.

If you look outside of the games, you can find a comic that shows what happened to him prior to meeting Jill. About hwo he was a coward who abandoned his wife and daughter to the zombies which is how he ends up too scared to move when he meets Jill. He ends up getting the fate he deserves.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Um... yeah! Fat man - Dario Rosso, of course!

(I thought you were talking about Carlos!) :lol:

acespivey

I would say Leon. Leon is a new cop, and new to the city. Right when he pulls up into the city he sees a zombie that was eating someone the shock of that is crazy its self. Leon also had to deal with 2/3 tyrants. William, Mr x and Mr x upgraded self and one more upgraded William, B on the train. Leon also had almost no help as well. Claire and Ada almost never really bumped into him. For the most part they were split up. So yea I get it nemesis followed jill 5 times in resident evil 3 from what I can add. RPD building infront and for sec inside when he jumps in window, restaurant witch Carlos helped her, power plant, By the fire where she needs put out fire. City hall gate location, inside trolly witch umbrella troops blew him out of, infront of clock tower and ontop of clock tower, and finally the umbrella lab. She had help almost every time with nemesis from Carlos where Leon had almost none. Once with Ada when she threw the g virus off the bridge and the rocket she threw at him with Mr x last form. That being said Leon also felt he needed to protect a small girl and Clair as well due to him being like the only cop lol could get to you and that's a lot on your shoulders. Yea jill had it hard but she already new about the zombies and she had a lot of help to get out if the city from a military squad granted 1 was bad. She even had Berry come to save her in a helicopter depending on what ending you get. Side not I'm talking about ps1 resident evil 3 (real one) not remake crap one. Resident evil 2 remake was good tho...

Ridley Lockhart

Yeah, the levels of paranoia Jill has to face cannot be compared to Leon's and Claire's.

It's also important to note that the reverse is true: the Umbrella soldiers did NOT know if they could trust Jill, she basically joined them saying (to Carlos at least) that Umbrella was behind everything. They also don't understand how she was able to survive, suspecting a machination. The first thing Nicolai says to her is "How could a girl like you manage to survive...".

The first tramway scenes are full of this social tension and suspicion, highlighted by a musical theme reminiscent of Morricone's score for The Thing which is an obvious and important inspiration of the Biohazard series. In this 1982 movie, paranoia is a central point.

Compare the scores:

I forgot how good the BGM was in OG RE3.

And regarding Jill's paranoia, as much as i dislike RE3R, the beginning from the opening scene to being in her apartment and seeing the hallucinations and also all her evidentiary finding posted up like an ongoing investigation was one of the few things i thought they got right in RE3R.

I'll place my vote for Jill having a more difficult time overall. Between the trauma, Nemesis, Nicholai sure didn't make things any easier, seeing one of her comrades get brutally killed even if it was just Chickenheart, actually getting infected with T and passing/blacking out for a matter of days. And of course escaping very last minute before the city was annihilated Not that dealing with G, a T-103 Tyrant, a crooked and insane police chief and a double agent with ulterior motives is a cakewalk.

Top Bottom