• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Who should be in RE7?

Who should return in the next installment?

• Jill

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Rebecca

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Billy

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Carlos

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Helena

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Sherry

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Jake

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Chris

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Leon

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • HUNK

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I think we all know where my vote is headed, but who do you all think should star in RE7? I'm going to allow multiple choices because a lot of people need to come back, damnit!

EDIT: I couldn't put Claire, Barry, or Ada in there because it'll only allow you so many choices, so don't kill me!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I have so many people I want in RE7 it's not even funny and the presence of all of them wouldn't even come close to a coherent storyline, lol.

Jake: I love this man. No lie, I honestly just fell in love with his cheesy one-liners, awesome melees and general badassery that's so RE Director's Cut Wesker and not RE5 Wesker.

Sherry: You can't have a game with Jake and not include Sherry, not to mention that I enjoyed her character development. (Though I would have enjoyed it a bit more had it been more consistent.)

HUNK: Love this man. I love his mysteriousness and the fact that we know nothing about him save for the fact that he's an amazing soldier. I love that we've never seen his face, aside from that Outbreak cheat and the RE3 epilogue, and that we probably never will and I'm a bit peeved that his place in RE6 mercenaries was replaced by Agent. Even if it's just a mercenaries role, I'd love to see HUNK again; provided they continue with his anonymity.

Jill: I want her to return but I don't want her to return. I'd love to see her back again but I fear that Capcom would just cheapen her character even more than they already have so I'm a bit torn between wanting her back and wishing she'd stayed dead in RE5. (I mean what a way to go, right? It was a fitting end for her.)

Carlos and Billy: I love them and, while I'm sure they wouldn't fit into a storyline, they at least need mercenaries cameos. Period.

And last but not least, and I'm ashamed at you for missing this one, Story. *insert disappointed face*

BARRY! Barry needs to return because he has the best lines ever and he would be our god character. The character that is never defeated no matter what because he is untouchable. I know we'll probably never see him as a playable-campaign character again but he, like so many others, needs a mercs role and, like I've said before, every helicopter pilot needs to be Barry.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
You're lucky you added that addendum, 'cause I was totally sharpening my pitchfork. ;)

Anyway, of the choices given, I say Billy and Rebecca! I mean, they're two of the three characters I most want to see return, anyway! However, the character I want to see most is good ol' Barry Burton. A game with all three (and Claire) would be ideal for me!

Of course, I want Helena, Jake and Sherry back eventually as well!

[EDIT]The purple one knows what's up!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I want Rebecca, Jill, Billy, Helena, Sherry and Jake back.

My campaigns would go like this:

1. Jill and Rebecca working for the BSAA on the bravo team branch.
2. Helena would be kind of a side character in this one, helping out when she can. Coming and going in the game.
3. Then of course we have Shake in there, because everyone loves them and I love me some Sherry!
4. Billy would have a game much like Ada's in RE6 and be a lone wolf, eventually running into Rebecca. -glares at Magnolia- Because YOU CAN'T HAVE BILLY WITHOUT REBECCA AND VICE VERSA! I still love you, don't kill me.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Claire, Jake, Piers, Ada, Sheva! ... Oh wait, they're all not there, except one... Hmm... :confused:

I wouldn't mind seeing Jill again, but only if they made her a more interesting character. Please, no more bland, boring Mary Sue that cries "Chris, Chris, Chris" all the time! Let her stand on her own feet, give her a personality and some uniqueness, and I promise I will never hate her again. It worked in RE3, so why shouldn't it work for another game? Now is the best time for some character development: She's been under the control of her arch enemy for three years, that must have affected her somehow. Don't just drop it like you always do - show us some deepness, Capcom!

Chris, while he's still my favourite character, needs a break. Especially if Jill returns (see above). The same goes for Leon.
I also don't need Rebecca anymore. I know I've been asking for her for a long time, but now that we have adult Sherry... She's basically the same character with a different hair colour.

Bring Helena back. I didn't like her at first, but it all made sense once I read her files. Also, I would like to care about Barry, but I don't. (And with that, I'm probably the only person on this whole forum.)

Jay

K.I.N.G.
BARRY! Barry needs to return because he has the best lines ever and he would be our god character. The character that is never defeated no matter what because he is untouchable. I know we'll probably never see him as a playable-campaign character again but he, like so many others, needs a mercs role and, like I've said before, every helicopter pilot needs to be Barry.
Hate to tell you this but Barry has been confirmed dead.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
We need another Resi game with Claire in it. It's like Capcom just forgot about her :(

I think we've seen enough of Chris and Leon for now. They've been hogging the spotlight lately.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I voted for Jill, Rebecca and Billy, three awesome resident evil characters who should definitely come back... You know who else is awesome? Claire

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
No...Ada...?

Must destroy....

XD but seriously out of all the characters I voted everyone except Jill

I may not like Helena but I dislike Jill even more than her (That takes skill)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Seriously bring back Jill and Chris its long over due, seaching for her all through Re5, and Revelations, just put them on the same team,. Chris is the ultimate bad ass and encapsulates what RE is about to me. i dont know about Jake either i dont feel hes a good character to keep but i feel he might be the main in re7 realisticly as hes very 'capcom' style and carries on the whole Wesker bull****. what they gonna do with the story is more important. Re6 was too much going on, so i'd like to see some sense of direction and structured story in re7.
I say drop the whole Javo thing, improve on the zombies and big mutated enemies. make it so almost all humanity is wiped out, a deserted wasteland of very few survivors- all high end Neo Umbrella staff, and 99% worldwide zombie infection. Mainly i wish they make it very challenging game- something like DARK SOULS difficulty- no intro section that tells u how to do every button, no hand holding, please no way point, bring back a map, inventory, item management, survival horror please capcom

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
You should have put an "Other" option in. I would like like to see Claire and Chris again, but since Chris was just in a game, Ill take Sherry.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
By whom and where, Strawhat?
I'm not entirely sure but I've heard that too. (Along with news of Rebecca and Billy being deceased as well; apparently Rebecca died in Raccoon City and Billy died at the end of Zero. I'm not sure if it's from a reliable source, ie; actual confirmation, or just rumor but I have heard it in a couple of different places while roaming the net.)

Either way, Barry can return as the undead helicopter pilot for every situation. ;)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I've chosen Jill, Leon, Helena and Rebecca. Plus Ada and Claire. Antagonists I want back are Jessica and Raymond, with Alex Wesker finally being introduced.

Scenario 1: Leon teams up with Helena again, with some crossover with the others. This can have action in it, I do not care.
Scenario 2: Jill and Rebecca team up as a B.S.A.A team. This can also serve as the action-y scenario.
Scenario 3: Ada, Solo. This can be a more of a stealth based scenario with some action.
Scenario 4: Claire, also Solo. This can be the survival horror scenario. There should be some action to keep it from being too slow-paced.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
By whom and where, Strawhat?
I'm not entirely sure but I've heard that too. (Along with news of Rebecca and Billy being deceased as well; apparently Rebecca died in Raccoon City and Billy died at the end of Zero. I'm not sure if it's from a reliable source, ie; actual confirmation, or just rumor but I have heard it in a couple of different places while roaming the net.)

Either way, Barry can return as the undead helicopter pilot for every situation. ;)
Right. I forgot where I saw what someone said happened to him. Originally Barry was to be the star of RE5, but Capcom figured he wasn't well known enough as Chris. With that said he could still be alive if Capcom wanted him to be. We'll see you two.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I wouldn't mind seeing Jill again, but only if they made her a more interesting character. Please, no more bland, boring Mary Sue that cries "Chris, Chris, Chris" all the time! Let her stand on her own feet, give her a personality and some uniqueness, and I promise I will never hate her again. It worked in RE3, so why shouldn't it work for another game? Now is the best time for some character development: She's been under the control of her arch enemy for three years, that must have affected her somehow. Don't just drop it like you always do - show us some deepness, Capcom!
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're saying, especially since a lot of it seems contradictory to your love for Chris. It's a well-known fact that Resident Evil characters are underdeveloped, especially the original two - Chris and Jill - and while that's no excuse and it doesn't make it right, it's something that has been accepted for both of them. It's also funny that you mention that she's "Chris, Chris, Chris" all the time when I see Claire being more the "Chris, Chris, Chris" person and Chris is most definitely a "Jill, Jill, Jill" person - I mean he was about to let millions of people die in Resident Evil 5 once he found Jill. If we want to get technical, Jill went through all of Nemesis without mentioning Chris once until she got to their meeting point in her epilogue and she really doesn't mention Chris at all in Desperate Escape, until she goes to the communication tower to tell him about Wesker's shots. (In short, she mentions him a lot less than he mentions her.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't rightly understand your logic behind disliking Jill when you dislike her for many of the characteristics she and Chris, your favorite, share. (Some of these traits are even more prominent in Chris than they are in her.)

Chris and Jill are essentially the same character just in two different packages.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
68785797.jpg

83693121.jpg

I saw this mod online where they aged Rebecca and put her in the BSAA. She looks damn good IMO! Come on Capcom! I want Rebecca in the BSAA in the next game!!!

I apologize for being such a Rebecca fangirl, but I cannot contain myself.

Top Bottom