• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who made the decision not to allow walking & gunning?

Anfield0408

I like the fact you cant run and gun in all honesty. It adds a sense of urgency when your trying to get that needed head or leg shot to drop an oncoming swarm of enemies.

Hoady

[quote author=Anfield0408 link=topic=685.msg17544#msg17544 date=1229039954]
I like the fact you cant run and gun in all honesty. It adds a sense of urgency when your trying to get that needed head or leg shot to drop an oncoming swarm of enemies.
[/quote]

Well said.It wouldn't be as intense/frantic if you could move and it would make the game way too easy i don't think walking/running and gunning would work too well after playing the demo.Dodging everyones moves would be really easy especially someone like the executioner(unless someone grabs you from behind of course).

RE5, you can walk and gun but not run and gun in gears of war 1 or 2 your usually pinned behind cover anyway.

virre89

[quote author=Hoady link=topic=685.msg17548#msg17548 date=1229043644]
Well said.It wouldn't be as intense/frantic if you could move and it would make the game way too easy i don't think walking/running and gunning would work too well after playing the demo.Dodging everyones moves would be really easy especially someone like the executioner(unless someone grabs you from behind of course).

RE5, you can walk and gun but not run and gun in gears of war 1 or 2 your usually pinned behind cover anyway.
[/quote]

They could've done so you could just aim/walk and shoot, something similar to Deadspace which is the best horror game since the last orginal resident evil. (resident evil 3)

Hoady

I haven't played Deadspace i've heard good things about it though and been considering renting it, i haven't scared by a game in a long time.

Top Bottom