• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 WHO ELSE JUST ENDED RESIDENT EVIL 7 [SPOILERS ALERT!]

And also.. I find it strange how Chris Redfield look so much different in RE7 than he does in six and the new movie coming out. I mean it's a ****ing game they don't have to replace an 'look alike' actor as if it was a movie?! Just animate him so the fans can tell it's him..

And why does he work for umbrella?!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I did.. got ending 2. I need to proccess what I just saw. Umbrella saved Ethan?
And also.. I find it strange how Chris Redfield look so much different in RE7 than he does in six and the new movie coming out. I mean it's a ****ing game they don't have to replace an 'look alike' actor as if it was a movie?! Just animate him so the fans can tell it's him..

And why does he work for umbrella?!
They probably took Ethan for experimenting or something.
I don't think it's Chris, maybe it's a relative, imposter, purposeful nickname/codename or just irony.
Umbrella could be the good guys and actually saved Ethan and Chris joined them and just got a design change (even though in Vendetta he looks similar to how he did in 6), but probably not. There's also the possibilty of brainwashing and maybe surgery to make him look different, but I kind of doubt that too. Maybe Vendetta will go into it more.

Mr.Tony

From the look of things here is my person theory:

- I suppose he was with Umbrella Corps or the BSAA changed their LOGO to appear like Anti Umbrella...

Fans theory, i went through some forums thread when i googled "I JUST FINISHED RE7 " people's theory is that's not Chris...it's Either Hunk....or the guy is going to be Experimented ON....In Fact How and When did Chris ever Introduced him self "It's Redfield" plus...You got that feeling when u first saw him in your head too haven't u ? Who the **** is this....
I feel this game is somehow like the very first RE movie Ending...
Still waiting for DLCit was a Crazy night....

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
From the look of things here is my person theory:

- I suppose he was with Umbrella Corps or the BSAA changed their LOGO to appear like Anti Umbrella...

Fans theory, i went through some forums thread when i googled "I JUST FINISHED RE7 " people's theory is that's not Chris...it's Either Hunk....or the guy is going to be Experimented ON....In Fact How and When did Chris ever Introduced him self "It's Redfield" plus...You got that feeling when u first saw him in your head too haven't u ? Who the **** is this....
I feel this game is somehow like the very first RE movie Ending...
Still waiting for DLCit was a Crazy night....
People think every mysterious thing is HUNK, even though they look nothing like him, haha. This guy looks nothing like him and is way too young.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
People think every mysterious thing is HUNK, even though they look nothing like him, haha. This guy looks nothing like him and is way too young.
Botox injections, Maddy. That's why HUNK is still a young, good-looking hunk (Pun intended):lol:

I already finished the game on Sunday with my friends. It's okay but should be a spin off rather than an actual sequel

They probably took Ethan for experimenting or something.
I don't think it's Chris, maybe it's a relative, imposter, purposeful nickname/codename or just irony.
Umbrella could be the good guys and actually saved Ethan and Chris joined them and just got a design change (even though in Vendetta he looks similar to how he did in 6), but probably not. There's also the possibilty of brainwashing and maybe surgery to make him look different, but I kind of doubt that too. Maybe Vendetta will go into it more.
It did say 'Chris Redfield' in the credits though. It wouldn't make much sense for capcom to just joke about that? If anything that would just be a middle finger to the fans.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Okay to clarify a few things here. This isn't Chris. Here are the reasons:

-He doesn't look like Chris. He doesn't even have the same hair colour. Chris also appears in RE:Vendetta, which comes out this year and he looks 100% different in this movie.

-his voice doesn't resemble Chris the slightest. He has a different voice actor in Vendetta as well, but he still sounds somewhat like he did in 5/6.

-Chris never introduced himself with I'm Redfield

-Chris is the last character of them all to turn evil and even consider working with Umbrella

-the gear of this guy doesn't look like things Chris normally wears.

-the incoming DLC is called "Not a hero. Read "Not Chris, but a villain pretending to be him"

Why is he named Chris in the voice acting credits?
Because they don't want to give away his real identity right now and have to name him. Redfield is the makes the most sense, since this is the only name he uses.

-He doesn't look like Chris. He doesn't even have the same hair colour. Chris also appears in RE:Vendetta, which comes out this year and he looks 100% different in this movie.

-his voice doesn't resemble Chris the slightest. He has a different voice actor in Vendetta as well, but he still sounds somewhat like he did in 5/6.

-Chris is the last character of them all to turn evil and even consider working with Umbrella

-the incoming DLC is called "Not a hero. Read "Not Chris, but a villain pretending to be him"

Because they don't want to give away his real identity right now and have to name him. Redfield is the makes the most sense, since this is the only name he uses.
not buying it, if they didn't want to reveal his identity they would just have put 'Redfield' in the credits and not Chris. Not a hero could mean that Capcom decided to make Chris evil, we don't know what happen after six.. Hopefully we will find out with the new DLC or maybe if they release Revelations 3. I think this is Chris.

Mr.Tony

In my opinion somehow...
Chris is the leader of the BSAA, so somehow he changed their names to some Umbrella Anti Biological Weapon and they made a new logo....other than that i don't know...

Ballaratgaminghub

search
search
just saying hunk without a mask does look a lot like the "redfield"

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Just finished the game today. Got Ending 1. Took me 9 hours, died about 21 times because I'm an idiot, but I'll have to say that this RE is up there with the classics. Really enjoyable, especially considering how skeptical I was prior to release about the identity of this game.

First, it's a homage to almost every RE game I've played. You have classic woods/village color pallet from RE4. You have the Nemesis-like enemies from RE3. Even the number pad made the same menu noises as RE3. The ship was a throwback to Revelations. The lickers from RE2. The broken shotgun from RE1. So on and so forth.

But the beauty is that it doesn't feel like a checklist. They took great parts of previous titles and sprinkled them into this game in quite a natural way. Yeah, the game isn't perfect, but it's quite a step-up from RE6.

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

First, "he doesn't look like Chris." Chris doesn't look like Chris, dude. Have you ever played an RE game? Ada, Leon, Claire, and Chris all look different throughout the series. You really want to tell me that Leon in RE6 looks like Leon in RE4? Really? No. That point isn't legitimate.

Second, I don't have voice comparisons, but it sounded close enough, and once again, it is not uncommon for RE to use different voice actors, think Leon in RE4 and RE6, different guy. Not a good point.

Third, "Chris never introduced himself as Redfield." Well damn. He has not done "x" before, therefore he will never do "x" in the future. Flawless argument. Bad point.

Fourth, we do not know the state of Umbrella at this point. I'm not up to date on RE lore past RE6 and I'm not sure what's canon at this point, but Chris working with Umbrella isn't impossible.

Fifth, the gear? Why is that even something you felt was worth mentioning.

Sixth, I have no idea how you can extrapolate "Not Chris, but a villain pretending to be him" from the two words "Not a hero." For one, we don't know who the phrase is even attributed to. It's a big assumption to say that it's in reference to the person in the picture.

My point here is you're making a claim that this isn't Chris Redfield and since that is the default position, you need to back up your claim. Your evidence in support of saying this isn't Chris is very weak at best. You could still be right. Maybe this isn't Chris but some kind of impostor. But you also have to ask what are the facts? How old would Chris be in 2017? I'm not 100% sure, but one source claims he was born in 1973, so he'd be around 44. So, sure, the guy looks like he could be that age. Now, the guy said he's Redfield. Why would he lie to a stranger?

I just think that there is more evidence to suggest he is who he says he is (him giving his own name + credits) versus any evidence proving the contrary or establishing an alternate identity for who this guy actually is.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Just finished the game today. Got Ending 1. Took me 9 hours, died about 21 times because I'm an idiot, but I'll have to say that this RE is up there with the classics. Really enjoyable, especially considering how skeptical I was prior to release about the identity of this game.

First, it's a homage to almost every RE game I've played. You have classic woods/village color pallet from RE4. You have the Nemesis-like enemies from RE3. Even the number pad made the same menu noises as RE3. The ship was a throwback to Revelations. The lickers from RE2. The broken shotgun from RE1. So on and so forth.

But the beauty is that it doesn't feel like a checklist. They took great parts of previous titles and sprinkled them into this game in quite a natural way. Yeah, the game isn't perfect, but it's quite a step-up from RE6.

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

First, "he doesn't look like Chris." Chris doesn't look like Chris, dude. Have you ever played an RE game? Ada, Leon, Claire, and Chris all look different throughout the series. You really want to tell me that Leon in RE6 looks like Leon in RE4? Really? No. That point isn't legitimate.
Characters' looks have evolved throughout the series, but most of them have always been consistent enough to know it's them. I'm almost positive that's not Chris.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I honestly don't care who "Redfield" is as long as he's not an excuse for some bizarre, obnoxiously convenient plot point to make something happen that ought to be impossible. RE has a history of starting with decent-to-good storylines and then mucking them up with the use of clones or convenient fake deaths or [insert lazy plot device here].

My current theory is that he's Chris and Claire's cousin, Christian Redfield, because why tf not.

Alright guys, heres my opportunity to reflect on Resident Evil 7.

The hype build up was legitimate, I really love all the Resi games, characters, action, game history.....

So Resident Evil 7 was like a special 20th anniversary release. I feel it had everything rolled into 1.
The story was brand new, not connecting anything weve seen, until those cool files at the end explaining Eve and her mold virus. The game was tight and creepy as hell. I loved the exploration and inventory management.

When I was in the mining area at the end, and when I came back into the house in the beginning, and then it ended after fighting little or old Eveline, kinda had an abrupt ending.

I admit, this Chris Redfield thing is kinda tripping people out, just cuz it don't look like him, it don't mean it wasn't Capcom's decision that it is him. And if it is him, then hes in Resident Evil 7, which is sooo cool.

With all this DLC stuff coming out, I feel like me and everyone else didn't complete the game, like, theres more coming out. Which is good, the end made me ask more questions, rather than solving and figuring out what happened. Did the BSAA turn into an Umbrella Corps organization? I mean, it was the last game to come out.
And if its not Chris, then theres some trickery at play, like, Ethan and Mia aren't safe. But they gave us that Albert gun to kill Eveline. Well see where this goes, I feel like the full story isn't complete. Theres more game to play come Spring 2017. Im still on board, looking forward to play more Resident Evil 7 style game and uncover more storyline. It was a great addition to the series, even though it was all new storyline and stuff, which was still interesting to unravel. I might like the gameplay over storyline in this one, but if its gonna connect Chris Redfield, the most recognizable hero in the Resident Evil series, then it got potential to be greater.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Well lets recap,

Works for Umbrella just like HUNK check
Wears same clothes and color as HUNK check
Wheres the signature Gas mask like HUNK check
And looks more like HUNK unmasked than Chris check

Name one thing this guy has in common with Chris other than him saying his name is "Redfield".

But yea the guy looks MUCH more like HUNK than he does Chris, look here
KND26m1.jpg

And how has he managed to stay that young all these years? maybe he is now infected with some new virus and he will be the main villain in future Resident Evil games.

Look at James Marcus and Albert Wesker, those guys appeared MUCH younger than they actually where because of a infection.

I'm not saying this guy is definitely HUNK but there is a possibility and to throw such a theory under the bus seems very naive to me.

And regarding the ending credits, if the guy is infact someone else than it wold make no sense to actually spoil such a reveal by putting their true identity in the credits, they could be doing this to intentionally mislead the fans in order to surprise them later with a reveal in the new DLC Not a hero.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well lets recap,

Works for Umbrella just like HUNK check
Wears same clothes and color as HUNK check
Wheres the signature Gas mask like HUNK check
And looks more like HUNK unmasked than Chris check

Name one thing this guy has in common with Chris other than him saying his name is "Redfield".

But yea the guy looks MUCH more like HUNK than he does Chris, look here
KND26m1.jpg

And how has he managed to stay that young all these years? maybe he is now infected with some new virus and he will be the main villain in future Resident Evil games.

Look at James Marcus and Albert Wesker, those guys appeared MUCH younger than they actually where because of a infection.

I'm not saying this guy is definitely HUNK but there is a possibility and to throw such a theory under the bus seems very naive to me.

And regarding the ending credits, if the guy is infact someone else than it wold make no sense to actually spoil such a reveal by putting their true identity in the credits, they could be doing this to intentionally mislead the fans in order to surprise them later with a reveal in the new DLC Not a hero.
His face is completely different. I didn't say it wasn't possible it's him. But he's not the only one that wears the Umbrella outfit and gas mask. And with young James Marcus and old James Marcus, you could tell it was the same guy. Look at the unmasked HUNK in Outbreak, they look nothing alike.

Top Bottom