• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Which version of resident evil 3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Which version of resident evil 3 are you going to buy?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21244

Resident evil 3 will be released in a few months, so guys Which version will you buy?

Since I'm a videogame collector I will buy the collectors edition if Capcom will ever release it for the European market, and I will also buy a stardard or a lenticular edition to play it (Capcom didn't yet announced the lenticular edition but since resident evil 2 remake and devil may cry 5 got one it is very likely that resident evil 3 remake will get one too)

Last edited by a moderator:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I've already preorderd my version on Steam and I'm going to try for a collectors edition when they're available as well as I already own the collectors edition for REmake 2.

It's s shame that they don't make collectors editions for the PC versions, making us have to buy 2 versions, but that's life of a video game collector I suppose.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Have different editions even been announced yet? I only know of the Collectors' Edition, which comes with a Jill statue and some other objects besides the game, but I don't know the difference between the other three options in the poll. If this is about CD vs. digital download, I'm going with the latter.

Why editions that include physical objects aren't usually available to PC players is a mystery to me, since none of those objects have anything to do with the platform you're playing the game on. It doesn't bother me personally because I have no use for statues and other toys / decoration anyway and only care about the playable content, but a friend of mine and fellow PC gamer regularly complains about it (last with Shadow of the Tomb Raider), and I understand his frustration.

D

Deleted member 21244

Have different editions even been announced yet? I only know of the Collectors' Edition, which comes with a Jill statue and some other objects besides the game, but I don't know the difference between the other three options in the poll. If this is about CD vs. digital download, I'm going with the latter.

Why editions that include physical objects aren't usually available to PC players is a mystery to me, since none of those objects have anything to do with the platform you're playing the game on. It doesn't bother me personally because I have no use for statues and other toys / decoration anyway and only care about the playable content, but a friend of mine and fellow PC gamer regularly complains about it (last with Shadow of the Tomb Raider), and I understand his frustration.
Probably because PC make poor sale comparing to ps4 and Xbox one, that's why they only release regular version for game, and Also because digital version it's more used on PC... I hear that sometime they release collectors edtion via code on PC but rarely on phisical

Standard edition: is the regular phisical edition that came whit just the game, and a code for the original classic costume if you pre order it

81MDN6aWyZL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Lenticular edition: same as the standard edition but whit an additional lenticular cover on it... Capcom didn't announce this yet but since it was released for both resident evil 2 remake and devil may cry 5 it is very likely they are going to release it for resident evil 3

Sony-Playstation-4-Ps4-Resident-Evil-2-Lenticular.jpg

Collectors edition: the one whit the Jill statue, soundtrack, raccon city map ecc and game
Unfortunately this version was only announced for gamestop America and its impossible to pre order it from other countries since gamestop only dyspatch in its own country, I can't even access the site from Europe... But fortunately it will probably be announced soon since resident evil 2 collectors edition was first announced in America and than in Europe a month later, also Capcom community manager on Twitter say that news about collectors release in other countries will be released soon

resident-evil-3-remake_notizia-4-3-2.jpg

Digital edition: the digital edition of the game, you can get it on the ps store, Xbox Market or steam

Steel book edition and limited edition?
Resident evil 2 and dmc 5 both got a steel book so probably re 3 will get one

71yz1K0udXL._SY500_.jpg

Deluxe edition?: resident evil 2 got a digital deluxe edition whit more costume, original soundtrack and wesker samurai edge, will re 3 get on too? Probably

For now only standard, collectors and digital edition have been confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I would love to get the Collector's Edition, but since I am already doing the FF7 Deluxe Edition in March, I will probably settle for the Standard Edition of RE3 for now. If I get a gift card or an insane tax return, I'll think about upgrading.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I like that lenticular cover but as it hasn't been announced, I voted standard edition. I almost never buy Collector's Editions, I need to pretty much be obsessed with the game to spend that much on it and RE3 doesn't even come close. Also, I prefer hard copies of everything which is why I opted out of the digital version.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I prefer hard copies too, at least when it comes to games that I really care about. It's not always the cheapest alternative in terms of what you get, but I do think its neat to open up the box and pick up that shiny disc for the first time... That's a feeling you can't get when you go digital.

I just wish game companies could go back to making physical game manuals again. Sure, nowadays you can just look everything up online or go watch some YouTube video, and the games themselves are usually filled with in-game tutorials and helpful tips during loading screens. But game manuals used to be so much more than just guidelines on how to use the buttons. They used to include story descriptions, character pages and sometimes even concept art.

D

Deleted member 21244

I prefer hard copies too, at least when it comes to games that I really care about. It's not always the cheapest alternative in terms of what you get, but I do think its neat to open up the box and pick up that shiny disc for the first time... That's a feeling you can't get when you go digital.

I just wish game companies could go back to making physical game manuals again. Sure, nowadays you can just look everything up online or go watch some YouTube video, and the games themselves are usually filled with in-game tutorials and helpful tips during loading screens. But game manuals used to be so much more than just guidelines on how to use the buttons. They used to include story descriptions, character pages and sometimes even concept art.
Yeah I missed the manual, but I they take manual out to preserve tree, if they really do this than im good whit it and having it online...
Also I always prefer the phisical disc, the feeling of wayting for the courier on day one at my shop town is unmatchable, I'm also a game collector so I always buy the disc version

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I do purchase about 90% hard copies, because I definitely prefer having that physical copy on my shelf. I also like to be able to share my games with my brother and friends.

Unfortunately, my brother is 90% digital, so that lil biatch can't share with me ever! lol

Top Bottom