• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Which Remake Playthrough is the Hardest?

Which Scenario is the Hardest in Remake?

• Leon's Story

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Claire's Story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leon 2nd Run

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Claire 2nd Run

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I personally found Leon's to be the hardest, simply because the shotgun is inferior to the grenade launcher.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I personally found Leon's to be the hardest, simply because the shotgun is inferior to the grenade launcher.
The shotgun isn't inferior, it just needs to be used differently than the grenade launcher. He also gets more shotgun ammo than Claire gets grenades.

As for which scenario is harder, I'd say that Leon B is the hardest out of the four. Mr. X, as well as all the zombies, dogs and the few lickers in Leon's campaign, really have a vendetta against the rookie. Mr. X didn't leave my ass alone the entire time. (At least with Claire I could shake him for the most part.)

Jonipoon

The shotgun isn't inferior, it just needs to be used differently than the grenade launcher. He also gets more shotgun ammo than Claire gets grenades.
Perhaps, but in terms of accessibility I found the grenade launcher to be much easier to master, hence my perception of Leon's run being harder. :p

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I'd say Leon B. Firstly, we can assume that most people agree the B scenario is harder due to the increased presence of Mr. X.

Then, the only thing that makes Leon B slightly more difficult is the extra dogs and increased Mr. X due to him surving Leon's campaign until the finale. In the end, Claire gets a monstrous minigun to help whittle down Birkin's 4th form and Leon has to make due with his normal weapons and ammo until the rocket launcher appears.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I found Claire B to be the hardest for sure.

I could get through both A scenarios in my sleep with relative ease (excluding Hardcore at the moment), but B senario in general seemed a lot harder.

I first tried Claire's B scenario after beating both A scenarios and at first it was ok but then I was surrounded by lickers and it felt like Mr X was everywhere all the time and I just wasn't feeling it. Ultimately I switched to Leon's scenario B because I felt like I could probably handle the enemies better with his weapons.

I did end up beating Leon's scenario B but I never did go back to finish Claire's since I had already unlocked the 4th Survivor which was one of my main goals early on, the other goal was getting the infinite knife.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I have to say Leon's first run without a doubt. You can't work around Mr X's and the licker's appearances as hard as you can in 2nd run.

On top of that, his weaponry is absolute trash. The shotgun is absolute garbage where it really counts. Not to mention Leon has no real security against enemies like Licker's, dogs, G creatures, Claire can just rip them all apart right off the get go. Leon would need to use a sub weapon where Claire can just take out a GL and eviscerate the problem.

Balloonknot

Leon is the easiest run. Shotgun all day over grenade launcher. You can 1 shot zombies with a shotgun and plenty of ammo. Claire grenade launcher tickles zombies. Now I will say, claires flame rounds 1 shot lickers and Ivys but those are easier to deal with for me than multiple zombies. Claires smg is also terrible when compared to leons desert eagle. Smg damage is low, sure it delegs but the amount of ammo it takes to kill a zombie.. The silencer is cool though. You can shoot it around lickers without alerting them.

Jonipoon

Leon is the easiest run. Shotgun all day over grenade launcher. You can 1 shot zombies with a shotgun and plenty of ammo. Claire grenade launcher tickles zombies. Now I will say, claires flame rounds 1 shot lickers and Ivys but those are easier to deal with for me than multiple zombies. Claires smg is also terrible when compared to leons desert eagle. Smg damage is low, sure it delegs but the amount of ammo it takes to kill a zombie.. The silencer is cool though. You can shoot it around lickers without alerting them.
The reason why I prefer the grenade launcher over the shotgun is because it works better against the bigger and stronger enemies. So wasting shotgun shells is not preferable, since you need to save those precious shells for the bigger and stronger enemies. If you blast every zombie with the shotgun you're going to run out of ammo quite soon. I have no problems with killing zombies with regular handguns, its not that hard to aim for their heads. Once you've analyzed their walking styles, you'll know exactly when their heads are going to tilt over to make the perfect headshot.

For example:
Licker: Around 3-4 shotgun shells, but only 1 flame round. And even better, if there's two lickers on the same place you can use 1 flame round to eliminate them both. With a shotgun however, you'd need to shoot them both separately and could end up wasting as much as 8 shotgun shells.

Last edited:

Jimbeamjunior

Claires 2nd run for me, her weapons just arent as useful dmg wise compared to leons,

Mr X isnt an issue, in both runs he's triggered by certain events if you dont do them until absolutely necessary he's avoided a lot, but for me i feel claires weapons, while good for certain situations, dont get as much ammo as leons,

Put it this way, leon gets the flame thrower, and a ton of fuel for it, a beast of a weapon that claire can only dream of

What capcom should have done was left all weapons in both the games, id gladly leave claire the magnum if i knew leon was rocking a shotgun and a flamethrower and a smg

R-Virus

What capcom should have done was left all weapons in both the games, id gladly leave claire the magnum if i knew leon was rocking a shotgun and a flamethrower and a smg

I can recall, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me, we had such a choice in the original 98 RE2. In Leon's A scenario he must choose if he wants to take more place for the bag or the machine gun. Then what remains is taken by Claire in the B scenario. I can't understand why they did'nt use such system in such a modern game too.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
You and me both R-Virus.

That was indeed a staple of the older game. Me personally - I always took the bag in the A scenario and the machine gun in the B scenario. Although, now that I look back at it, I probably should have done it in the reverse since Mr. X in the B scenario finale is a waiting game and not a fighting game. haha

Top Bottom