• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Re character would you like to date?

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I love Chris, but honestly I would have rather seen him die. Piers could be a start of a fresh new main character. But no.. Chris is getting older and older..
Agreed.But in Chris case it´s not the age that´s the problem... it´s his personality.

black 93

I love Chris, but honestly I would have rather seen him die. Piers could be a start of a fresh new main character. But no.. Chris is getting older and older..
I like chris, he's one of my favourite characters and yea he's capcom go to man for mindless shooting nowadays but he is meant to be a military man. I do agree though, if chris had died RE6 would have been much more impactful. While piers sacrifice was very heroic, can you imagine if it had been chris on the other side of that escape pod, choosing to die rather than becoming something he's fought against for years? It would have shook things up big time and not just in RE but in gaming in general because whether people love him or hate him, he has been around since the beginning and has had one of the biggest impacts on the series overall.

jayshizzo

Helena is hot as hell
18izp1.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Jill may be my favorite but for a serious relationship. I would have to give it to no one but Ashley. She's so adorable and seems the most datable in the series. She also is very caring and relatable, she seems more "human like". She also seems like a girl that will stay around when you need them and won't keep going off on you xD

I'm surprised no one else has said Ashley. So what if she's a little whiny... aren't we all at times? Imagine if you were in that situation with no training xD You won't become a pro within a couple of hours ;)

Bilbo

Jill valentine. I'm upset she's not a real person. She's way too attractive. Not to mention super awesome and badass. Fav video game character PERIOD!

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I like chris, he's one of my favourite characters and yea he's capcom go to man for mindless shooting nowadays but he is meant to be a military man. I do agree though, if chris had died RE6 would have been much more impactful. While piers sacrifice was very heroic, can you imagine if it had been chris on the other side of that escape pod, choosing to die rather than becoming something he's fought against for years? It would have shook things up big time and not just in RE but in gaming in general because whether people love him or hate him, he has been around since the beginning and has had one of the biggest impacts on the series overall.
Killing off Chris in a game where Jill isn't even mentioned? Idk but it seems so wrong on many levels to me. I'm kinda glad they didn't do it. If he dies I prefer it to be when Jill's at his side and no one else. After all the series started with these two...

That makes two of us ;)

black 93

Killing off Chris in a game where Jill isn't even mentioned? Idk but it seems so wrong on many levels to me. I'm kinda glad they didn't do it. If he dies I prefer it to be when Jill's at his side and no one else. After all the series started with these two...

That makes two of us ;)
actually yea i hadnt thought of that... jill and chris never meeting again after RE5 would be so weird. They would have had to tweak the story and involve jill if they wanted to do that. So yea it probably was better that he didnt die yet

Airaku

Stray Jedi
actually yea i hadnt thought of that... jill and chris never meeting again after RE5 would be so weird. They would have had to tweak the story and involve jill if they wanted to do that. So yea it probably was better that he didnt die yet

To be fair.... Chris and Jill were close as partners until they rewrote part of the script of RE5. The original plan was that it was going to be the first time Chris and Jill met since the Arklay Mansion incident. Chris left for Europe and went to find answers, Jill escaped Raccoon City and joined as a leader of the BSAA. Which in the original script (which of course isn't canon). Chris was a lone wolf and meets Jill leading a squad of BSAA agents. If you watch the reveal trailer you'll notice that Chris is wearing a gray shirt and was a lone wolf. They rewritten so much of the game when they added co-op. Sheva went from a minor character to a major character, Barry was removed from the game, and Albert Wesker went from trying to take over Tri-Cell to trying to take over the world -_-

Sure none of this is canon, but it goes to show that Chris and Jill don't need to be tied together like everyone claims. Especially considering Chris and Jill often had other partners, but they were friends. When Chris dies, it should be by his sister... whom he never was shown to be "close" with. Yet they care for each other, Claire really cares about and loves her brother. Chris is always caught up in fighting Bio-terrorism and will likely die as a result one day.

just my 2-cents.

black 93

To be fair.... Chris and Jill were close as partners until they rewrote part of the script of RE5. The original plan was that it was going to be the first time Chris and Jill met since the Arklay Mansion incident. Chris left for Europe and went to find answers, Jill escaped Raccoon City and joined as a leader of the BSAA. Which in the original script (which of course isn't canon). Chris was a lone wolf and meets Jill leading a squad of BSAA agents. If you watch the reveal trailer you'll notice that Chris is wearing a gray shirt and was a lone wolf. They rewritten so much of the game when they added co-op. Sheva went from a minor character to a major character, Barry was removed from the game, and Albert Wesker went from trying to take over Tri-Cell to trying to take over the world -_-

Sure none of this is canon, but it goes to show that Chris and Jill don't need to be tied together like everyone claims. Especially considering Chris and Jill often had other partners, but they were friends. When Chris dies, it should be by his sister... whom he never was shown to be "close" with. Yet they care for each other, Claire really cares about and loves her brother. Chris is always caught up in fighting Bio-terrorism and will likely die as a result one day.

just my 2-cents.
Interesting, i know they changed up a lot of RE5 because of the co op and i think personally sheva became as big a character as she did because of the racism claims. Like it wouldnt look as bad if a white man killing black people had a black partner. Even though i think the racism thing was just people looking for problems that werent there as usual lol. I could be wrong but i think that partly influenced sheva being stepped up. Iv read a little about the beta and there were cool little things i wish they'd kept in, like jill was supposed to stab wesker in the eye and take his eye out in lost in nightmares. I didnt know bazza was supposed to be in the game too! damn capcom lol

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Interesting, i know they changed up a lot of RE5 because of the co op and i think personally sheva became as big a character as she did because of the racism claims. Like it wouldnt look as bad if a white man killing black people had a black partner. Even though i think the racism thing was just people looking for problems that werent there as usual lol. I could be wrong but i think that partly influenced sheva being stepped up. Iv read a little about the beta and there were cool little things i wish they'd kept in, like jill was supposed to stab wesker in the eye and take his eye out in lost in nightmares. I didnt know bazza was supposed to be in the game too! damn capcom lol

Honestly I didn't understand the raciest claims. The game took place in Africa... what do you expect? Even university professors who are experts on racial diversity and racism stated that there is not even a single hint of racism in the whole game. It simply had a setting and it obeyed that setting in normal standards.... Plus Sheva was hardly black... she was mixed.

Well it is true that Wesker originally was going to stab Wesker's eye and he would have a glass eye, but Chris wasn't going to be involved with it. So it was an event similar to Lost in Nightmares but radically different. Yeah the BSAA was going to be under Jill as the commanding officer. It makes sense this way given the events of RE3. Chris being a lone wolf makes more sense given the events of RE 1 and RE: CVX. Him being part of the BSAA and having a partner came out of the blue and didn't make much sense imho.

Could you imagine it?:
Jill: "Don't you trust your partner?"
Chris: "What partner? The **** you talking about gurl?"

black 93

Honestly I didn't understand the raciest claims. The game took place in Africa... what do you expect? Even university professors who are experts on racial diversity and racism stated that there is not even a single hint of racism in the whole game. It simply had a setting and it obeyed that setting in normal standards.... Plus Sheva was hardly black... she was mixed.

Well it is true that Wesker originally was going to stab Wesker's eye and he would have a glass eye, but Chris wasn't going to be involved with it. So it was an event similar to Lost in Nightmares but radically different. Yeah the BSAA was going to be under Jill as the commanding officer. It makes sense this way given the events of RE3. Chris being a lone wolf makes more sense given the events of RE 1 and RE: CVX. Him being part of the BSAA and having a partner came out of the blue and didn't make much sense imho.

Could you imagine it?:
I didnt understand them either, like i said i think it was just people looking for a problem that wasnt there. Yea chris has always come across as a drifter to me, he's spent most of his life doing it. He was doing it before he was recruited to STARS, he did it after raccoon city, and he did it in RE6 till piers found him. I do like him with jill though, they were together from the start.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

Could you imagine it?:

Yeah, it bothers me how people say it's racist. Nobody said anything about 4 or 6, and nobody cared in Outbreak when a black guy was killing white zombies.

Top Bottom