• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which game has your favourite and least favourite opening?

D

Deleted member 21244

I think re 4 opening is the best
I like all the other re opening as well except Re 6
Infact re 6 is the worst to much quick time event and to much non sensi al action

RedfieldFan

This is a bit hard to decide.

The best is probably Rev2 for me. It was all very strange, mysterious and creepy.

The worst of the main games might be RE6 (even though I love that game) as it had a kinda boring tutorial at the start.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
My favorite opening is a tie between RE1 remake and RE3. The first one because its a perfect upgrade from the original intro, and I just love the sheer shock shown during the dog assault, the pure terror of seeing something that shouldn't exist. The opening of RE3 is also amazing because of Jill's epic speech, the brutality of the policemen being slaughtered, and that final close-up of the helmet in the rain - its cinematic excellence.

Least favorite? Probably Revelations 1. It felt forgettable and clumsy.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The best opening is the ICONIC RE2 Intro which gives me waves of nostalgia. The original RE2. It creates an eerie overall feel and makes the game feel grand at the same time.

The worst opening is RECV. Claire suddenly being a Matrix style action star felt out of place and clumsy. The rest of the game was amazing compared to the intro though!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I guess I misunderstood the title of this thread. I thought we were talking about opening cinematics like game intros, not the first playable 30 minutes...

In that case, my number one favorite opening is RE2 remake. Apart from a great opening cinematic, the rainy gas station is such a great build-up to what's coming. You start exploring a seemingly desolate gas station only to be attacked by a horde of zombies in the end. And after that, we get a intense car crash and chaotic escape until we make it to the calm and mighty RPD. And even then, there's still a tense buildup until we are overrun by zombies again. All of this combined makes for a fantastic first 30 minutes. It just feels great.

Least favorite is still Revelations 1 though. The game felt incredibly bland, boring and uninspiring until I entered the more "fine" parts of the ship which happens more than 30 minutes after the opening.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jonipoon - I am honestly not 100% if we're supposed to talk about the opening of the games or the first 30 minutes.

If I was mentioning the first 30 minutes of gameplay, RE7 would be hands down one of the top experiences for me. The first act of that game is severely terrifying and doesn't let you breath for a second.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah I think it was referring to the game prologue not only the first cutscene

Flipqy42

Nevermore
First half hour? Best one for me was probably RE4. The village sequence is always pretty intense imo. My least favorite is probably RE0. Then again, RE0 is my least favorite Classic Era RE, so maybe that's why. *shrugs*

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Best opening is actually three re games i loved them equally are re4 re2 and re6.
Leadt favorite are re dead aim(even though i love that game) re7(the whole game was disappointing for me) and re1(even though i loved it alot)

mert20004

I think ı like re6's intros the most. There's 5 of them and they are all pretty cool. I agree that the prologue level is kinda meh, it could have teached the game's mechanics better but it didnt bother me that much personally. From all intros in re6, ı like jake's the most. ( The cutscene's name " Boy meets girl " is actually a nice reference to recv and darkside chronicles. Oh and jake's whistling the music box theme from recv in the intro. )

The worst one is re7's imo. It's just stupid, just like most of the game. Why does everyone act like past bioterrorism incidents never happened in that game?

D

Deleted member 21244

I think ı like re6's intros the most. There's 5 of them and they are all pretty cool. I agree that the prologue level is kinda meh, it could have teached the game's mechanics better but it didnt bother me that much personally. From all intros in re6, ı like jake's the most. ( The cutscene's name " Boy meets girl " is actually a nice reference to recv and darkside chronicles. Oh and jake's whistling the music box theme from recv in the intro. )

The worst one is re7's imo. It's just stupid, just like most of the game. Why does everyone act like past bioterrorism incidents never happened in that game?
Because ethan never faced the treath of bioterrorism, also i dont remember people acting like they didnt know abojt bioterrorism, why should they mentioj bioterrorism? Ethan is acting like any people would do and the other character as well... I m personally aware of world war 1 and 2 but i dont talk about it everyday

mert20004

Because ethan never faced the treath of bioterrorism, also i dont remember people acting like they didnt know abojt bioterrorism, why should they mentioj bioterrorism? Ethan is acting like any people would do and the other character as well... I m personally aware of world war 1 and 2 but i dont talk about it everyday
Doesnt matter if he faced bioterrorism threats or not; he and the cast in the game act like previous incidents never happened in the game.

Like; the only reference to re6 is in a paid dlc. That's it. Imo the game should had been connected better to canon re lore instead of being a messy reboot wannabe game.

And no; ethan doesnt act like a normal person. Attacks his wife with an axe but doesnt care, gets chainsaw'd but doesnt care, his voice acting is terrible, " Wtf? Well, that's special. " etc.

Can ı recommend you to check those 5 long re7 videos that ı posted to this forum? They go into a bigger detail with my issues.

D

Deleted member 21244

Doesnt matter if he faced bioterrorism threats or not; he and the cast in the game act like previous incidents never happened in the game.

Like; the only reference to re6 is in a paid dlc. That's it. Imo the game should had been connected better to canon re lore instead of being a messy reboot wannabe game.

And no; ethan doesnt act like a normal person. Attacks his wife with an axe but doesnt care, gets chainsaw'd but doesnt care, his voice acting is terrible, " Wtf? Well, that's special. " etc.

Can ı recommend you to check those 5 long re7 videos that ı posted to this forum? They go into a bigger detail with my issues.
No i don't think i will, if you want, explain me your issue personally...

Yeah ethan dosent act like a normal person when expressing emotion but he act like a nornal person by not quoting bioterrorism casually since re 7 incident is not even a bioterrorist attack... Also why should other cast member yelling or talking about bioterrorism?
Where is the re 6 rference in the paid dlc? Cant remember... Also re 7 had the same amount of connection to the series like re 2 and re 4 had, only that this two game were more explicitly about previous game in the series

mert20004

No i don't think i will, if you want, explain me your issue personally...

Yeah ethan dosent act like a normal person when expressing emotion but he act like a nornal person by not quoting bioterrorism casually since re 7 incident is not even a bioterrorist attack... Also why should other cast member yelling or talking about bioterrorism?
Where is the re 6 rference in the paid dlc? Cant remember... Also re 7 had the same amount of connection to the series like re 2 and re 4 had, only that this two game were more explicitly about previous game in the series
Cause ı prefer this game to be more connected to previous re games storywise. I didnt like it trying to be a reboot. The characters act weird and arent that likeable in the game either.

The re6 reference is in daughters dlc. There's a newspaper that simply mentions edonia.

And no, re2 and re4 are more connected to canon re storyline than re7. Re2 is very well connected to the 1st game and even have references that feel impactful. Re4's story may not be related to previous re games however it still follows the storyline from re2 and re3. ( Leon's epilogue. ) I agree that killing umbrella in the intro isnt the best idea however the intro still connects to previous re games unlike re7's intro that's lame. Plus re4 uses leon and ada again.

Re7 doesnt connect well, it simply has references here and there but they dont feel impactful. It cant decide what it wants to be; it's a giant hot mess due to this. And blue umbrella is completely dumb. Re7 uses chris however for a very short time not to mention he feels forced to the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

Cause ı prefer this game to be more connected to previous re games storywise. I didnt like it trying to be a reboot. The characters act weird and arent that likeable in the game either.

The re6 reference is in daughters dlc. There's a newspaper that simply mentions edonia.

And no, re2 and re4 are more connected to canon re storyline than re7. Re2 is very well connected to the 1st game and even have references that feel impactful. Re4's story may not be related to previous re games however it still follows the storyline from re2 and re3. ( Leon's epilogue. ) I agree that killing umbrella in the intro isnt the best idea however the intro still connects to previous re games unlike re7's intro that's lame. Plus re4 uses leon and ada again.

Re7 doesnt connect well, it simply has references here and there but they dont feel impactful. It cant decide what it wants to be; it's a giant hot mess due to this. And blue umbrella is completely dumb. Re7 uses chris however for a very short time not to mention he feels forced to the game.
I don't agree, Just different opinion

Wesker90

Fave: RE1 Classic live action stands the test of time for me.

Dislike: Claire's sudden Mary Sue bull**** from CV against highly trained guard.

Top Bottom