• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Which characters will you play as?

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I wanted to get into this in the PSN ID thread, but then I thought, why not just make a new thread? So, yeah... Now that we have team and character names, which team members are you planning on playing as?

USS (Wolf Pack):
Special Ops (Echo 6):
Heroes:
Villains:

*comments* :)

bruno

Chief Researcher
I want to try all of the characters, but these are the ones I'm most excited to play as:
USS (Wolf Pack): Vector, Spectre, Four-Eyes
Special Ops (Echo 6): Dee Ay, Shona, Willow
Heroes: Jill Valentine, Carlos Oliveira, Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield
Villains: HUNK, Nicholai Ginovaef, Ada Wong

Unfortunately, the Special Ops campaign mode will only be in DLC :(

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Unfortunately, the Special Ops campaign mode will only be in DLC :(
Yeah, I read that... They should be playable in those online competitive modes though, right?

USS (Wolf Pack): Lupo
Special Ops (Echo 6): Party Girl, [MAYBE] Dee-Ay (if I have trouble sniping)
Heroes: Jill, Carlos
Villains: Lone Wolf, Ada

Carter478

I'd want to play as them all but Willow looks like a lot of fun to play as. I know most people would chose to play as Vector, so I just prefer to be more original

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Why is Ada considered a villian? I mean, I'd consider her more of an anti-hero...
She's basically like HUNK, she's a hired hand who leans towards the not-so-good side; hey, it pays better. *shrugs* Though I do think HUNK had a little more loyalty to Umbrella than Ada has to her employers, the guy seems pretty devoted to carrying out Umbrella's will and I'm not sure if it's because he totally agrees with what they're doing or he just loves the money like that but that's something else entirely.

I definitely see why she's considered a villain.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
She's basically like HUNK, she's a hired hand who leans towards the not-so-good side. (Hey, it pays better. *shrugs*)
HUNK is actually working for Umbrella though...Ada is just in it for herself isn't she...I mean...that's the difference between her and HUNK...His allegiance is with the company and hers is with no one...Hell...Isn't her working for Wesker a ploy anyway?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
HUNK is actually working for Umbrella though...Ada is just in it for herself isn't she...I mean...that's the difference between her and HUNK...His allegiance is with the company and hers is with no one...Hell...Isn't her working for Wesker a ploy anyway?
HUNK is basically a mercenary and I'm guessing Umbrella pays/paid exceedingly well to keep things under wraps. Like Carlos, he's a hired gun doing Umbrella's bidding but, unlike Carlos, he's of a higher caliber and is privy to information Carlos' unit wasn't. I'd say he's in it for the dough.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
HUNK is basically a mercenary and I'm guessing Umbrella pays/paid exceedingly well to keep things under wraps. Like Carlos, he's a hired gun doing Umbrella's bidding but, unlike Carlos, he's of a higher caliber and is privy to information Carlos' unit wasn't. I'd say he's in it for the dough.
I see...But isn't Ada in it for more than money...I mean...She always seemed deeper than just a money grubbing bitch...To me at least...She got her own personal agenda because she's smart...Not because she needs money...

P.S. I'm not trying to argue...I just wanna get this straightened out so I know how this works...

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I don't know what Ada wants to do; I don't think that was ever revealed. I do remember playing through 1 and 2 and noting that she was engaged to someone who worked for Umbrella simply to get information from him. In 4, she works for Wesker, but she says she is really for "the origination," who wants the plagas sample (and presumably the G-virus in 2). I'm not sure if the organization is good or not, but I always thought of Ada as the Catwoman of RE. At any rate, the villains needed a female, and I'm sure that's why they put her on the bad side.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't know what Ada wants to do; I don't think that was ever revealed. I do remember playing through 1 and 2 and noting that she was engaged to someone who worked for Umbrella simply to get information from him. In 4, she works for Wesker, but she says she is really for "the origination," who wants the plagas sample (and presumably the G-virus in 2). I'm not sure if the organization is good or not, but I always thought of Ada as the Catwoman of RE. At any rate, the villains needed a female, and I'm sure that's why they put her on the bad side.

"The Organization" sent a spy, Ada Wong (not her real name), to infiltrate the Arklay Research Facility. She started a fake relationship with John Clemens, the chief researcher at the laboratory, and managed to get information about the t-virus and Umbrella's BOW's. They contacted Albert Wesker in order to steal the combat data from the mansion incident. However, he wasn't able to hand them the Tyrant or it's combat data. The Organization then started their own BOW development.
To regain his reputation, Wesker planned to give the G-virus to The Organization. However, having faked his death in the mansion incident, he requests Ada's help. Ada failed to retrieve a sample but, minutes before Raccoon's destruction, she contacted Wesker revealing she managed to get a tissue sample from a G organism, containing the G-virus. Wesker saved Ada and handed the virus to The Organization (combat data from G and Nemesis-T Type were also recorded).
Wesker attacked the Rockfort Island using the HFC and retrieved Steve Burnside's body, containing the t-Alexia virus. BOW samples were also retrieved.
The Organization
In 2004, Wesker, now working with the "3rd Organization", hired Jack Krauser to work as a spy for Los Illuminados, kidnapping Ashley Graham for them, in order to steal a dominant plaga sample. However, he didn't have access to the sample so he asked for assistance. He invited Ada to join his secret organization, ordering her to retrieve the sample stolen by Luis Sera. She succeeded in retrieving the dominant plaga, but she sent it to The Organization, sending Wesker a subordinate plaga sample instead. However, Wesker managed to retrieve a dead dominant plaga through the body of Krauser.
Spencer, wishing to be met by Wesker, ordered his butler to give his location to Ada Wong. Ada, through Ricardo Irving, forwarded this information to Wesker.
After the Spencer Estate incident, Wesker dissolved the 3rd Organization, using it's resources in the Uroboros project he developed with the help of Tricell.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Ooh, where is all that information?

And what is the organization? Just a competing pharmaceutical company, or is it a government branch?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Ooh, where is all that information?

And what is the organization? Just a competing pharmaceutical company, or is it a government branch?

That information is scattered around in RE2, RE4, RE5, LIN, Dark Legacy, Operation: Javier, Wesker's Report I & II, RE Archives I & II, etc.

I guess the Organization is either the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium or a company in it.
The GPC is a consortium made up of worldwide pharmaceutical companies, which included Umbrella and Tricell. They They cut down all ties with Umbrella and helped bringing it down after the Raccoon City incident. They also founded the BSAA.

SPOILERS

Jessica and Raymond from Revelations worked for the GPC, and pretended to be working with the FBC/BSAA.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I think it's important to pick alts, too, in the case someone wants to play with the character I like for whatever team...

2nd choices:

Wolfpack - Spectre, possibly Bertha
Echo 6: Dee-Ay, possibly Harley
Heroes: Carlos, possibly Claire
Villains: Ada, though my friend I'll be playing with a lot has a death grasp on her

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I can't believe I didn't put my characters up here when I posted last time...:oops:

Wolfpack: Vector, Lupo. (The more I know about her, the more I like her - my first impression of her couldn't have been more wrong.)
Echo 6: I don't think I'll be using Echo 6 much, if at all since I more than likely won't get the DLC, but I'd probably play as Willow or Tweed.
Heroes: Jill, Claire maybe Carlos.
Villains: HUNK, Lone Wolf.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I honestly don't like any of them. They're all goofy looking.

I'll decide once I get the game I guess...indifferently decide.

Top Bottom