• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which campaign do you prefer in Resident Evil 1?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
While beating Chris's scenario on hard for the first time gave me a serious sense of accomplishment, I honestly use Jill more than Chris. I like both characters equally but it really comes down to side characters and story for me. I prefer Barry over Rebecca and I like the Barry-blackmail angle.

@Hel Makes a good point about Chris's inventory, by the way. I realize that they have to give each character certain advantages and disadvantages but I think that giving male characters less inventory space is pretty cheap. There's really no reason for it.

I also feel that, with the remake, the tables kind of turned. As @Hel also pointed out, Jill's lockpick isn't the jackpot anymore and Chris's lighter finds a more advantageous use what with the new feature of burning bodies to prevent crimson heads. I feel as though Jill and Chris are more evenly matched in this game with Jill's only real advantage being her inventory space, which can be made easier if you know the game well enough. It won't solve everything but it can cut down on backtracking.

ArabPikachu

As far as the 1st Biohazard remake is concerned, the mere advantages Jill has are 2 more inventory slots & a lockpick. Those advantages are more beneficial if you have that ∞ ammo Handgun or ∞ ammo Rocket Launcher unlocked.

Cure Zombrex

I like them both just as much. The save room music is relaxing, in a somewhat misleading way. But hey - it's at least still safe.

Top Bottom