• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Where is the gameplay trailer?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Seriously. The game is less than 6 weeks away from release and we still haven't seen any full gameplay trailer. The small amount of gameplay we saw in the developer's message video wasn't even final, it was pre-alpha footage.

What's going on?

what-is-going-on.gif

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Thank you! I've seen a lot of articles, posts on other sites and vids on YouTube claiming this means Resident Evil 3 is going to flop and be terrible. Their reasoning is that, at this point, we've seen more of Project Resistance than the actual game.

Mind you this is 100% true, however I'm holding out hope that they've just made some changes to the story they don't want to spoil and are strategically cutting the gameplay trailer so that it reveals more than the last two but not some key changes they're waiting until release to show us.

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But that's still gonna be my motto until I play the game myself.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I'm more excited for this Remake than RE2. RE2 is so hyped as a game but I've honestly always preferred what they tried to do with Nemesis gameplay wise and the story behind Jill escaping. Maybe it's because Jill was with us in RE1 and I felt more of a connection to her because she was my first RE playthrough character? I don't know but I'm looking at this Remake as an opportunity for them to make RE3 what it should've been, not just a segway for the masterpiece that is Code Veronica and the series jumping back to Chris.

I just hope I'm not disappointed.

Also, new Carlos looking good.
latest

How you doin?

I'm really crossing my fingers and praying that Carlos gets a campaign.

And doesn't call Jill "lady" the whole game.

Jonipoon

I doubt the game is going to be terrible, and like the old saying goes "the less I know, the better" but at this point I would like to see at least something. You can show off gameplay without spoiling any changes to the original story. Jill blasting through some zombies in a small street would be more than enough.

I'm more concerned about this remake than RE2, however, and that's mainly because I never had any personal connection to the original RE2 growing up. I could simply enjoy the RE2 remake for what it was. But RE3 was the first survival horror I ever played as a kid, and that has left me with a certain expectation in my head of what this remake "should" be like.

D

Deleted member 21244

I really doubt the game is going to be terrible XD they're just waiting for the proper time, resident evil 2 gameplay was shown very late and in few portion, and the demo was released less than 15 days before release... I'm actually glad they didn't show much, i will enjoy the game more

I seriously doubt Carlos will get his own campaign, the core of the game are jill and nemesis, Carlos is just a secondary character like ada and Sherry in re 2, they didnt need they re own campaign but they're own portion of the game

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere that both Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7 gameplay trailers came out around 42-48 days before release. (Not sure where I read this to be honest. I'm getting Resident Evil 3 Remake updates from both my Google articles and App Flash so it could've been anywhere.)

We're in that time frame now at 43 I believe so if they follow the same pattern as those two, we should be getting a video soon.

And I'm not worried that it's not going to be good, I'm just saying that's the conclusion being drawn by other 'fans' and 'gaming influencers'. (Though they are correct about us having more footage of Project Resistance than the actual game.)

I'm psyched and I'll be psyched until I play it and am either rewarded for my anxious patience or disappointed. They didn't fail us with Resident Evil 2 Remake, except for maybe some inconsistences given that Claire and Leon have the exact same boss battles. (It would've been nice if they'd experienced different things so that it would be conceivable that their scenarios went on at the same time and both were somehow canon but I'm not gonna be picky because no other Resident Evil game has done this - except for Code Veronica but that was due to having one long campaign instead of two separate campaigns not planning. Even Resident Evil Remake didn't go that route for all its glory.)

I have no reason to believe that they'll fail us now until I see otherwise.

Jonipoon

resident evil 2 gameplay was shown very late and in few portion
That's simply not true. Pre-alpha RPD gameplay with Leon was showcased during E3 2018, more than half a year before release. A 35 minute demo stream with Claire was later showcased on October 4th 2018, almost 4 months before release. And the following weeks leading up to December had Capcom showcase loads of gameplay videos, from Licker Battle gameplay to Tyrant gameplay. All in all there was a clear vision of what the game was going to look and feel like.

With RE3, we have no real gameplay at all.

D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere that both Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7 gameplay trailers came out around 42-48 days before release. (Not sure where I read this to be honest. I'm getting Resident Evil 3 Remake updates from both my Google articles and App Flash so it could've been anywhere.)

We're in that time frame now at 43 I believe so if they follow the same pattern as those two, we should be getting a video soon.

And I'm not worried that it's not going to be good, I'm just saying that's the conclusion being drawn by other 'fans' and 'gaming influencers'. (Though they are correct about us having more footage of Project Resistance than the actual game.)

I'm psyched and I'll be psyched until I play it and am either rewarded for my anxious patience or disappointed. They didn't fail us with Resident Evil 2 Remake, except for maybe some inconsistences given that Claire and Leon have the exact same boss battles. (It would've been nice if they'd experienced different things so that it would be conceivable that their scenarios went on at the same time and both were somehow canon but I'm not gonna be picky because no other Resident Evil game has done this - except for Code Veronica but that was due to having one long campaign instead of two separate campaigns not planning. Even Resident Evil Remake didn't go that route for all its glory.)

I have no reason to believe that they'll fail us now until I see otherwise.
Yeah i think the game will be good, re 2 was good despite some flaws, but i will only know when i try the game myself... It's not true that no resident evil ever did two different campaign that intertwined whit each other, the original resident evil 2 and resident evil 6 did that... code veronica it's different its just one campaign and you change character perspective the progression of the game like revelations 1 and 2... resident evil 1 was perfect as it was it didn't need to have both campaign happening together and the remake followed this formula... On the other hand resident evil 2 remake failed to recreate the original resident evil 2 zapping system, that's why for me it's not s perfect game and jt was a bit disappointing at first but it's still good, also capcom had planned to make re 2 remake campaign like the re 1 campaign, they admitted that, but since people complained alot about this choice since the original game had zapping system, capcom decided to put the second run at the last minute and changed just the start and ending of the campaign while the rest remained pretty much the same, giving somehow a cheap b scenario to the remake

@Jonipoon yeah you have right but resident evil 2 was announced in 2015 so everyone were waiting for the game official trailer and gameplay for more than 4 years... On the other hand resident evil 3 was officially announced 4 month before the release date, it was a total surprise... So we must understand that Capcom must dilute the various trailer, gameplay and information in just this short time, we will probably get a trailer and a demo in just few days, Capcom will probably reveal the gameplay whit a bang 1 month before release, and there is a theory that i was thinking about, Capcom will probably reveal the gameplay by just releasing a demo to everyone so we can directly test it whit our hand

Also i don't really care to have new information about the game, it will be released in just 40 days, it's totally around the corner

Last edited by a moderator:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 Sweet! Do know for sure if the creature in the last few screenshots is a Hunter Gamma or is it something else entirely? I mean the last one for sure is Grave Digger but the ones before that are something different. I mean it looks like a Hunter Gamma and I'm kinda digging the slimey look to 'em, I just figured they'd be built a bit smaller than that. Like not height wise but he just looks kinda bulky. I dunno maybe he's faster than he looks.

I'm loving the look of the environment, by the way. I'm really hoping that when a gameplay trailer comes out we get to see a bit of Carlos gameplay as well.

I wonder if they're going to go Code Veronica on us and have fully fleshed out his story but not as a separate campaign...? Like have areas that are Jill and areas that are Carlos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 Sweet! Do know for sure if the creature in the last few screenshots is a Hunter Gamma or is it something else entirely? I mean the last one for sure is Grave Digger but the ones before that are something different. I mean it looks like a Hunter Gamma and I'm kinda digging the slimey look to 'em, I just figured they'd be built a bit smaller than that. Like not height wise but he just looks kinda bulky. I dunno maybe he's faster than he looks.

I'm loving the look of the environment, by the way. I'm really hoping that when a gameplay trailer comes out we get to see a bit of Carlos gameplay as well.

I wonder if they're going to go Code Veronica on us and have fully fleshed out his story but not as a separate campaign...? Like have areas that are Jill and areas that are Carlos.
I think that Carlos Wil have his own section like Sherry and ada in re 2 remake but a bit longer, capcom say that Carlos will have a playable section, probably just like the original Re 3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...s-his-own-interesting-section-to-play-through

That monster is probably the grave digger but whit the close mouth

Or were you referring to the other image? The one whit the drain deimos or brain sucker?

latest

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 I was talking about the one right before the very last image of the Grave Digger, open mouthed. I guess it could be the Grave Digger instead of the Hunter Gamma but I didn't really expect him to look like that either...

Either way I'm sure it'll be wonderful and now I'm really excited!

D

Deleted member 21244

Well, well... speak of the devil.

Looks neat, this must mean that the gameplay trailer is only a few days away. I'm really diggin' the look of the environments, and that concept art is pretty kickass as well.
Capcom say that the preview embargo will end on the 25th of February so we will have some preview from critics very soon

Top Bottom