• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your Favorite Version of Each Character?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So since I've been playing all the games for my friend recently, I've been thinking about the changes in storylines, plots, gameplay and characters and it got me to thinking:

What's your favorite version of each character? Or even just your favorite character and why is it your favorite?

Chris: My favorite version of Chris would have to be Resident Evil 5/Revelations-Chris. Earlier versions of Chris, and many of the other characters, didn't have a lot of personality so I think this is really the first time we get a good look at who Chris is. He's very honorable and insanely duty-driven. It's all about the job for him. I feel like, even though he's definitely one to take matters into his own hands, he's still got this innate belief in the chain of command and it is my humble opinion that this is the basis of his intense hate for Wesker; he respected the man, maybe even looked up to him like we see Piers looking up to Chris in RE6, and so the betrayal hit maybe a little harder than it did with some of the other surviving members of S.T.A.R.S.

Jill: Resident Evil 3 is probably my favorite version of Jill. We get Jill away from her guys, her protectors - because let's face it, that's the role that Barry and Chris fill to Alpha team's only female member; whether she needs them or not that's just the kind of guys they are. Jill actually gets to take charge and shine practically on her own in this title and we see what she's all about. She's tough and no nonsense and not about to take **** off anyone. Whether it's Nemesis or Nicolai, she's ready to stand her ground and I feel like, even though we still haven't seen much of her personality, that's the core of who she really is.

Claire: As for my favorite version of Claire I'm sort of torn. Code Veronica, like Nemesis for Jill, really let Claire shine. However, Resident Evil Degeneration has to be my favorite version of Claire. Sure she sort of takes a backseat to Leon's storyline but I think this movie is where we dig a little deeper into what makes Claire tick. Sure she's badass and knows how to use a gun and can take care of business like her big bro but she doesn't want to do things that way. She wants to be a little behind the scenes, taking evil pharmaceutical companies down on paper, through their stocks and public opinion where it hurts not just setting the self destruct sequence on an underground lab or two here and there. She's still caring and still badass she's just choosing to fight in a different way and I hate that we don't see more of her and her brand of fighting in Resident Evil media.

Leon: Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not too keen on Leon but there are two versions of him that I don't just not hate but am actually quite fond of: Operation Javier-Leon and Degeneration-Leon. There's one thing that these two versions of Leon have in common that I feel are what draw me to them: No Ada. These are two instances, and probably the only two to-date, that feature Leon in Resident Evil media without Ada's influence; and by influence, I mean turning into a complete re-re when she shows up. (Seriously; how many times do you have to be duped before you realize she's just using you?) These are two instances where you get to see the job, order-driven Leon who has a mission and lets nothing get in the way of said mission. I also find his chat with Claire in Degeneration pretty endearing and it definitely made me like him a little more. Instead of berating her, he let her know he understood where she was coming from even though that wasn't the particular course for him. It shows you that he has the ability to see things from all sides not just his. I also think these two versions show the more caring side of Leon who feels for other people.

Barry: I know I'm totally biased here when I say that I prefer corny, Resident Evil Barry over the badass that is Revelations 2 Barry but I can't help it. While cringe-worthy, RE1 Barry was insanely memorable and, for me, the stuff of video game legends.

Albert Wesker: This one, like Claire, is super hard for me. It's almost impossible for me to choose between the cocky, arrogant, shady S.T.A.R.S. Captain of the Remake and Umbrella Chronicles and the suped up, energizer bunny Resident Evil 5 Wesker but I'm pretty sure compete global saturation takes the cake. He's devious, he knows just where to hit Chris to cripple him - Jill, in case anyone was wondering - and has no problem reminding him in almost every scene that he used to be his superior and had him completely fooled. This Wesker shows no mercy and is literally interested in nothing other than saving the world by weeding out the weak - don't you love how all bad guys are really only trying to "help" people? - his sunglasses and making sure he has enough hair gel for the boss fights. Gotta love a guy that doesn't get distracted by a pair of tits and a willing vagina. (Totally looking at you Leon!) There were also some things he said that, while totally insane, made sense to me. I love characters that are crazy but make a lot of sense.

So who are your favorites and why? Discuss!!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Great topic idea. :)

Chris - My favourite version of Chris would probably have to be Revelations. He exhibits professionalism, when Jessica hits on him, and yet you see him show genuine concern for Jill when she's in trouble and he's trying to get to her. I think this version got the balance right between showing his personality whilst maintaining his professionalism.

Jill - I don't always care much for Jill, but I guess she's the best in RE3. However, I did like her in RE5, where she asks for forgiveness from Chris and Sheva, so that gets a special mention.

Leon - Resident Evil 4. I find his wise-ass remarks amusing because they're quite clumsy at times. Again, though, I have to give a special mention to Damnation, I found him quite funny at times in that movie too.

Claire - Degeneration. I feel that she showed how much she cares for people, putting her life on the line for Rani, and yet we see her feisty side when she punches the senator for endangering Rani. She's genuinely distressed when talking to Leon in the tent. We also see her tease Leon about going 'diving' with Angela. I think she's the most diverse in this appearance.

Barry: I never got the chance to play RE1, and I haven't played Remake properly, though I've seen a playthrough. But I think I prefer the Revelations 2 version of him. He has some emotional scenes and you really see how much he cares about Moira, and his kindness when he takes Natalia under his wing.

Wesker: Resident Evil 5. He has some of the best lines that make me laugh every time I hear them, the delivery is just perfect. He's ruthless as well, you see him use and discard Excella as if she's nothing, and he won't let anything stand in his way.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Chris: I think 6. He was the most emotional there and had good character development.

Jill: I have to say 3. I loved her determination and found her very admirable in it.

Leon: Hmm... I guess... 6. I like how he still joked a bit, but it wasn't totally out of place.

Claire: I really like her in CV. I like how she was serious but sarcastic at the same time. Her interactions with Alfred were great.

Albert: Remake. Don't really even know why.

Barry: Revelations 2, no question. He was most human there. Before then I didn't really have an opinion on him.

Ada: 6 again. She showed that she actually does care about people and feels sympathy for them.

Edit: I'll add other favourites.

Alex: She was an awesome villain. She was a complete monster yet at the same time she was more human than most other villains in the series. She showed real interest in things and people, and showed emotions other than anger. Her goal was to achieve immortality, not necessarily kill everyone.

Moira: Her character development was really good. At the start of Revelations 2 she was rebellious and was terrified of guns, but as the game progressed, she faced her fear and showed more and more compassion.

Billy: I like how he didn't try too hard to make Rebecca think he was a hero or something. He helped her out and didn't really expect her to give him anything in return. He was really cool.

Last edited:

meg5493

Claire: Darkside Chronicles definitely she's super sassy while still maintaining the characteristics i loved about her in the other games

Chris: In Code Veronica. Just because its him busting in to save his little sis and that's just too cute.

Leon: In 4. his levels of sarcasticness jumped from 10 to 1000 between 2 and 4 and I love it

Wesker: Ok this is gonna sound totally weird but, 0. I just love the idea that the 2 most influential villains in the entire series spend the entire game in a room watching t.v. I find it hilarious.

Jill: I guess REmake. Not much to say here.

Barry: 1 just 1. Everyone line he says in that game is just pure gold. He makes me laugh whenever I load up the game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Chris
- Looks: REmake.
- Personality: If his in-game version was anything like he's described in the manual of RE1 / REmake, I'd probably go with that one here as well. Otherwise, RE6. While his character arc is somewhat unrealistic there (not to mention a blunt repetition of what he's already been through in 5), I've been waiting to see him finally freak out. The man has been through hell and back more than once, it was about time it finally showed!
- Least favourite: Revelations, because he was kind of dull, and... weird, how he goes from "Jill Jill Jill, I need to find Jill!" to "Oh, hi Jill! Business as usual, innit?" in a matter of seconds.

Jill
- Looks: REmake.
- Personality: RE3, definitely! Magnolia already explained everything, there's nothing to add.
- Least favourite: Again, Revelations. Both looks- and personality-wise. The poor way this game handled her (and others') character is actually one of the reasons I don't like it all too much.

Leon
- Looks: Damnation, the first version of him that I would actually call hot.
- Personality: RE2, before he became that unbearable macho smart-ass and Capcom's favourite. I only hope Capcom will stick with the awkward first-day-on-the-job rookie cop when they remake the game, instead of making Leon appear more badass than he really was at the time.
- Least favourite: RE4. Not a fan of this immature casanova attitude, and that Aaron Carter look was already out back then. Even that inexplicably Japanese-looking, mindless robot he was in Degeneration is a better version of him in my opinion.

Claire
- Looks: Degeneration.
- Personality: Hard to say, I haven't really noticed any significant changes in her personality prior to Revelations 2.
- Least favourite: Revelations 2, a game where the developers somehow completely forgot what Claire was supposed to be like.

Barry
- Looks: RE1.
- Personality: Revelations 2.
- Least favourite: Well, that only leaves RE1 or REmake, because he hasn't been in any other games. But I don't hate him in those games either, I just like the Revelations 2 version better.

Ada
- Looks: RE6.
- Personality: RE6, what Maddy said.
- Least favourite: I don't know, probably RE4... Then again, I don't really remember 4. But she was cool in 2, so... let's still say 4.

Wesker
- Looks: RE1... yes, RE1, not REmake! I totally had the hots for his actor in the live-action intro when I first played the game.
- Personality: REmake. The way he plays with the others is just great, the entire Chris/Wesker betrayal drama adds to that as well, and while I was never one of his biggest fans, I still liked him back in the day when he wasn't calling himself a god.
- Least favourite: RE5. Something went wrong there...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Great thread!

Chris: Resident Evil 5. I didn't much care for his 'roided-up physique, but it was the first time in the series for me that his character was given some room to breathe and not play second fiddle to Jill or Claire.

Jill: REmake. I don't think Capcom can really settle on Jill's character. In RE1 (1996) she was quite dippy; in RE3, she seemed much more relatable, but didn't really dress for a zombie apocalypse; in Revelations, she looked and acted like a completely different person. In REmake, on the other hand, she was pretty kewl.

Claire: Totally on board with the Degeneration Claire, MG. Right on.

Leon: RE2 Leon. Loved the rookie angle, and the book City of The Dead helps flesh out his character even more. Every appearance after that saw him become more Hollywood-ified and frustratingly stoic. RE4 Leon is a husk of his former self. Pfffffffffffffffffffff.

Barry: Umbrella Conspiracy Barry. The one and only true Barry, IMO. Didn't much care for Revelations 2 Barry, but I think that's partly to do with my supreme disappointment with the game. Kevin Durand's Burton in Retribution was...well, probably exactly what Anderson wanted.

Albert Wesker: RE5. D.C. Douglas pulls off panto Wesker with brilliant gusto!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
Chris Redfield - (Resident Evil 5)

Claire Redfield - (Revelations 2)

Barry Burton - (Revelations 2)

Leon Kennedy - (Resident Evil 4)

Jill Valentine - (Resident Evil 3)

Wesker - (Resident Evil 5)

Sheva - (Oh, wait...)

Piers Nivans (Oops, did it again)

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Chris: well i liked how he looked in Code Veronica (he looks more like his actor from the live action intro of RE1 than his character from the remake). and what he says to Claire after he jumps on the jet shows his humor side which is something we rarely see.

Claire: in Code Veronica she looks like how she looked in Resident Evil 2 but a little bit older and mature. and it showed how strong willed she is and how much determination she has.

Jill: Resident Evil 1\ Remake. I agree that in RE3 Jill had more personality but in RE 1\ Remake showed us some of her vast variety of skills like being the master of unlocking, mad piano skills, and that she paid attention in chemistry and math class.

Barry: hard to pick between RE1 (Master of Cheesy one-liners ) and Revelations 2 (Concerned parent).

Leon: I miss the innocent Rookie cop.

Wesker: RE:CVX was when Albert discarded his humanity. and it also showed that he took some acting lessons.

Sheva: a Lot of people didn't like her. but to me her character creates a balance in the game. she is like the base to Chris's Acid.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Wesker
- Looks: RE1... yes, RE1, not REmake! I totally had the hots for his actor in the live-action intro when I first played the game.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!
Wesker.jpg
:love:

black 93

Chris: Id say Code Veronica and RE5. Veronica because we see him doing whatever it takes to save his sister, going through hell and back, and being brave enough to take on Wesker knowing he's more than likely not going to come out on top. RE5 because he's essentially the perfect soldier. He takes whatever's thrown at him to try and find out what happened to Jill. RE5 is the game where Chris pretty much became a true hero, he was willing to die to save the world, and the scenes between him and Wesker were amazing. Years of pent up hatred yet at the same time, a grudging respect for each others abilities. ( Wesker wasn't concerned at all until he realized Chris was around)

Jill: RE3. Jill was a tough, no nonsense character in this game. She saw the city she called home become hell on earth, and more than held her own against Nicholai. Yet at the same time, she was compasstionate towards Brad and Carlos.

Leon: Degeneration. Leon was so badass and moody in this film, battle hardened after his ordeal with Las Plagas. Also showed he could get stuff done with out Ada. I also liked him in Operation Javier. You could tell he was pretty inexperienced in this game, but his partnership with the battle hardened Krauser was good, and he was mich more caring towards Manuela than Krauser was.

Claire: Honestly i dont know. Revelations 2 didnt really do much with Claire so id probably say RE2. That was Claires character at it's best in my opinion. Extremley compassionate, but also ready to duke it out when the situation called for it.

Barry: I love the bumbling "I have this!" version of Bazza but revelations 2 barry was amazing. He still had that corny edge, but we saw an emotional side to him. A desperate father.

Wesker: RE5. This was Wesker at the peak of his abilities. He was more arrogant and confident in himself than ever. His deceptive and evil nature was also more prominent than ever, he hurt Chris in the worst way possible and turned on his partner. And we saw him change from cool calm Wesker to the wild animalistic monster he was at the end of the game. " CHRIIIIIIS!!!"

Ada: Honestly, to me this character hasnt changed all that much since her debut. Always behind the scenes, always connected to the villains and Leon but never fully on anyones side, i dunno. I honestly find Ada one of the most boring characters in the series.

Last edited:

FelixK

Zombies must shuffle
Chris: code veronica. More of a personality than 1 but pre steroid induced robot "personality" in 5.

Jill: Resident evil 3. My personal favorite game and I feel a very underrated character. (Should have been her and chris in 6 rather than that turd piers)

Leon: Resident evil 2. Good natured and didn't have the "cool guy" complex he seems to have now. 4 wasn't so bad, it was a good mix of confidence but nothing beats 1st day on the force rookie leon.

Claire: also going to have to give it to code veronica. One of the last true resident evils (obviously my opinion) she kicked ass and came across as a realistic character rather than a helpless victim or untouchable badass.

Wesker: he's great in pretty much everything (barring the movies) but push come to shove his horrendous lines in the original resident evil just hold a special place for me.

Barry: original resident evil (obviously)

Honorable mentions for good yet underrated characters go to: Rebecca, Billy, and Carlos.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Barry: Re1 (I really liked his rev2 look too)
Jill: revelations 1 / re3
Chris: re6
Leon: re6
Ada: re4
Wesker: Re1
Claire: ORC (Although sniper claire va va voom)
Carlos: orc look but original voice (awful accent ftw!)

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So since I've been playing all the games for my friend recently, I've been thinking about the changes in storylines, plots, gameplay and characters and it got me to thinking:

It's late so I might do this later :p

But.... you forgot some! :mad: *poke* so forgetful you! xD

What about Sherry, Ada, and Alex?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Chris
I like Chris any way, every way. But my favorite would definitely have to be a tie between Code Veronica where he shows his brotherly love for his sister by coming to her rescue and the mentally strained, PTSD, drunk Chris in RE6. I love that Capcom have finally played up on the mental stress he holds as the weight of the world is constantly carried on his shoulders.

Claire
Code Veronica is definitely her game. She is emotional, clever, witty, and I just love the bond siblings can have and her love for her brother is evident in this game.

Jill
REmake because despite her having to be saved by Barry and Chris a few times she still had sass and was no fool to what was going on- I say this because you could see she didn't trust the excuses Barry gave her and she wasn't afraid to talk back to Wesker at the end. She also showed that she was very human at times as well.

Barry
REmake/1996 because those ridiculous lines. But I also love his development in Revelations 2 as he is a family-man but with a twist (with the foul mouth that even his daughter now has lol).

Leon
RE2- I love rookies. But RE6 is probably a close second because I like that we can see some fooling around went on between him and Ada at some point before RE6. He's starting to learn that he can some-what trust her... at least to help him out of sticky situations... or partake in them. :p

Ada
RE6 because she is the perfect action character in this game. She shows remorse for others and I just lover her sarcastic comments and cool demeanor (something I wish I had but I'm definitely more of a spaz like Chris when something makes me angry).

Wesker
Albert Wesker: This one, like Claire, is super hard for me. It's almost impossible for me to choose between the cocky, arrogant, shady S.T.A.R.S. Captain of the Remake and Umbrella Chronicles and the suped up, energizer bunny Resident Evil 5 Wesker but I'm pretty sure compete global saturation takes the cake. He's devious, he knows just where to hit Chris to cripple him - Jill, in case anyone was wondering - and has no problem reminding him in almost every scene that he used to be his superior and had him completely fooled. This Wesker shows no mercy and is literally interested in nothing other than saving the world by weeding out the weak - don't you love how all bad guys are really only trying to "help" people? - his sunglasses and making sure he has enough hair gel for the boss fights. Gotta love a guy that doesn't get distracted by a pair of tits and a willing vagina. (Totally looking at you Leon!) There were also some things he said that, while totally insane, made sense to me. I love characters that are crazy but make a lot of sense.

THIS.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Chris: RE1, because of this....
357pmbs.jpg

absolutely badass ;) But I also liked him in CV and RE5. Didn't like that Commander Shepard rip-off he was in RE6.

Jill: Probably my absolutely favorite. She's kinda underrated. I loved her in RE1,REmake,RE3, RE5. RE3 was probaly the best. She's shown that she's a no-joke lady and that she can hold on her own. She managed to survive Raccoon City with a Nemesis chasing her. Also in RE5 where she willingly almost sacrificed her own life to protect Chris and that has shown me her selflessness. That woman is certainly a heroine in my book and a person worthy of respect. Besides, I have a thing for tough ladies so I'm kinda biased here. ;P Didn't like her in RE:REV. That c*nt was an insult and a joke to such an awesome female character.
Despite loving her, I must admit that I don't know that much about her. That's probably due to Capcom's horribad way of handling characters and their lack of keeping them and the series consistent. I hope one day she'll get a deeper role in the RE and a better purpose in the series. If she'll ever appear again of course, cuz I have my doubts...

Claire: Every game with her. Always liked her, she's pretty much the girl next door, but that doesn't mean she's a whiny and helpless woman. She may not be on the same level as Jill, but still... She's likeable.

Leon: RE4. I loved his sass, corny lines and badassery in this game xD

Barry: RE1, because of his unforgettable lines xD And his short role in RE3, that was pretty cool ;)

Ada: Every game. I like that mysertiou

One-Winged Angel

Cecil "There is sorrow in those wintery eyes..."
1-Claire: CVX ,that Claire had the best personality ,and if we're talking about looks her DSC version takes the cake.Anyway overall CVX Claire ftw!
2-Chris: Re5 and CVX,I liked his Re6 appearance as well.Have to go with 5 ,that game was Chris's at his epitome. :)
3-Leon:Re4 ,love his boyish charm and his corny one-liners were ridiculous but fun. XD
4-Barry:Barry will always be a lovable character of mine ,love his charming character,his cheesy lines are some of the best.I like him in every game equally.
5-Wesker:Re5 ,closely followed by CVX.He was just so awesome in both.
6-Jill:Re3 is the best Jill so far and actually had personality that what made that version of hers a very interesting and a relatable character for me.

Tron8

Fighting just to survive, but you taught me i can.
Chris

Favorite (RE1/REmake) - The reason i really enjoyed Chris in this game was due to Rebecca also being in both games. Before we even knew about Chris' sister and his boulder punching, last action hero persona, we got this pure solider. It was great to see portions where Chris showed weakness such as getting poisoned and having Rebecca cure him.

Least Favorite (5) - I have to admit i really dont dislike Chris in this game but i had to choose something so i went with 5. His personality was pretty mild, however his physical abilities were pretty crazy which made it cool, but unrealistic. With all that said lets be honest, who doesn't love it when Chris punches a boulder?

Jill

Favorite (3) - She's just so badass in this game. This was our first glimpse at seeing Jill going solo. Without Barry holding her hand (besides the ending) we get to see what type of survivor Jill really is. She's gritty and more than able to assume the alpha role by hanging with a group of spec ops.

Least Favorite (5) - Seriously wtf? How do you go from being a Bad Bi*** to being someones Bi***.

Barry

Favorite (1) - With a bunch of cheesy lines, lack of back bone, and little to no personality he's actually quite a spectacularly awesome bad character.

Least Favorite (Rev 2)
- Why the hell does he have corn rolls? I actually dont dislike him much in Rev 2, his story was decent and i suppose i understand he had to find his daughter. But there wasn't much to choose from.

Wesker

Favorite (Everything) - The dude is just a genius. He always gets killed but never seems to die and finds a way to always F*** with Chris. That in itself is pure lulz.

Leon

Favorite (2) - Leon was so pure and so innocent in this one. He had the feel of a prodigy rookie cop, and despite his lack of experience at the time you knew he was going to slap some zombie booty. He's such a love struck little man and that makes him so relatable (Lets face it, we've all been there so dont hate)

Least Favorite (None)
- Leon never throws up, he only throws down.

I missed a lot of characters but but i'll continue another time.

Top Bottom