• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What will you do when Resident Evil ends?

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Simple question; What will you do when Resident Evil ends?

My answer; Tbh I don't know, I'll cry lol. It will be hard for me with knowing that there will be no more further films and games T.T

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'll keep playing my games. RE4 above all else most likely, I f*cking love that game, but I'll just keep playing what I have. As much as I like Resident Evil, it's gotta end at some point.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'll be pretty upset :( It's my top favorite series along with MGS and MGS is going to end for good this year. No matter what sh!t Konomi tries to pull..... MGS V ENDS the Metal Gear saga and even Kojima said this himself. He said prior that Phantom Pain would tie up all the loose ends and it is the FINAL chapter in the Snake saga. If we got another game in the series then it would likely either be a spin off or MGS VI which would likely star the boss in WW II or something related to contain Ocelot (ALL Metal Gear "Solid" number titles have Ocelot as a MAJOR role).

As for Resident Evil, a lot of people think RE7 will be the last game. It won't and can't be... they have opened so many new story archs and there is so much more to tell. They only way they can end it in 7 is if it stars pretty much every character and both the Family and what is left of Neo-Umbrella is fully taken over by Alex Wesker and she finally cracks the secrets of the Progenitor virus and then they all kill her right before she spreads fear globally... blah blah and Jake finds out all the secrets about his father somehow... Oh and the world looked pretty ****ed at the very end of the RE6... it looked pretty ****ed at the end of Rev 2 for that matter. Alex Wesker is far more capable of mass chaos than any other villain we've seen to date imho and she doesn't hesitate for anything.

As for the movies? It should have ended after Apocalypse. They are all horrible and have nothing to do with the games and destroy the characters. Chris livin the Thug life? Leon looking like a heroine addict? Claire being a super hero? Whaaat? Jill was alright in the 2nd film and Barry was actually well done in a later film. The rest was terrible and cringe worthy. I've seen em all in theaters and I'm so angry and ready to cry each time. Albert Wesker's end game? LMAO!!! They try to recreate some of his scenes and fail miserably. I cannot stress enough about how much I hate these movies.

The worst part is that Paul W.S. Anderson knows almost NOTHING about the games or the characters. It seems like he's seen some trailers, game play clips, and a little Googling. Capcom doesn't even seem to care or even try to work with him at all in the matter: http://kotaku.com/5516733/capcom-keeps-resident-evil-film-director-in-the-dark as much as I want to blame it all on Paul W.S. Anderson and his wife Mila... Capcom might be a little more to blame for not giving a **** about the movies image, other than the cash bags it generates. They really should have name the movie under another title and said "based on ideas from Resident Evil".... Out of curiously does anyone know if the films are even called Biohazard anywhere in the world? Either way, ugh the movies **** me off. If you are talking about the Canon Degeneration and Damnation then YES those are awesome! I like those movies.

Sorry for my little rant on the films. I'd love to know other peoples take on them. More or less, I'd like to know why people like or enjoy the films for what they are and try to see a different perspective on this matter. Anyways if Resident Evil "BIOHAZARD" ever came to an end. I would be totally heart broken as a hard-core and passionate fan, and as a gamer. Such a great cast and ALL of the main games are good in their own rights. Some of the spin-offs are meh but the main titles are amazing. Hell, I even have ideas myself for future titles for both story and gameplay. Then again don't we all? ;)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'll keep playing the games/watching the two movies over and over again, which I already do.
As for the live-action movies, they can go fall off a cliff.

*hi-5*

Now that is what I'm talking about! Can we strap some bombs and an Uroboro's sample off the cliff with them? Uroboro's can decide if they are worthy.... Oh wait! xD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'll be pretty upset :( It's my top favorite series along with MGS and MGS is going to end for good this year. No matter what sh!t Konomi tries to pull..... MGS V ENDS the Metal Gear saga and even Kojima said this himself. He said prior that Phantom Pain would tie up all the loose ends and it is the FINAL chapter in the Snake saga. If we got another game in the series then it would likely either be a spin off or MGS VI which would likely star the boss in WW II or something related to contain Ocelot (ALL Metal Gear "Solid" number titles have Ocelot as a MAJOR role).

As for Resident Evil, a lot of people think RE7 will be the last game. It won't and can't be... they have opened so many new story archs and there is so much more to tell. They only way they can end it in 7 is if it stars pretty much every character and both the Family and what is left of Neo-Umbrella is fully taken over by Alex Wesker and she finally cracks the secrets of the Progenitor virus and then they all kill her right before she spreads fear globally... blah blah and Jake finds out all the secrets about his father somehow... Oh and the world looked pretty ****ed at the very end of the RE6... it looked pretty ****ed at the end of Rev 2 for that matter. Alex Wesker is far more capable of mass chaos than any other villain we've seen to date imho and she doesn't hesitate for anything.

As for the movies? It should have ended after Apocalypse. They are all horrible and have nothing to do with the games and destroy the characters. Chris livin the Thug life? Leon looking like a heroine addict? Claire being a super hero? Whaaat? Jill was alright in the 2nd film and Barry was actually well done in a later film. The rest was terrible and cringe worthy. I've seen em all in theaters and I'm so angry and ready to cry each time. Albert Wesker's end game? LMAO!!! They try to recreate some of his scenes and fail miserably. I cannot stress enough about how much I hate these movies.

The worst part is that Paul W.S. Anderson knows almost NOTHING about the games or the characters. It seems like he's seen some trailers, game play clips, and a little Googling. Capcom doesn't even seem to care or even try to work with him at all in the matter: http://kotaku.com/5516733/capcom-keeps-resident-evil-film-director-in-the-dark as much as I want to blame it all on Paul W.S. Anderson and his wife Mila... Capcom might be a little more to blame for not giving a **** about the movies image, other than the cash bags it generates. They really should have name the movie under another title and said "based on ideas from Resident Evil".... Out of curiously does anyone know if the films are even called Biohazard anywhere in the world? Either way, ugh the movies **** me off. If you are talking about the Canon Degeneration and Damnation then YES those are awesome! I like those movies.

Sorry for my little rant on the films. I'd love to know other peoples take on them. More or less, I'd like to know why people like or enjoy the films for what they are and try to see a different perspective on this matter. Anyways if Resident Evil "BIOHAZARD" ever came to an end. I would be totally heart broken as a hard-core and passionate fan, and as a gamer. Such a great cast and ALL of the main games are good in their own rights. Some of the spin-offs are meh but the main titles are amazing. Hell, I even have ideas myself for future titles for both story and gameplay. Then again don't we all? ;)

RE 7 definitely won't be the last.
The live-action movies should have stopped at "Hey, let's make a live-action Resident Evil movie!" xD

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
RE 7 definitely won't be the last.
The movies should have stopped at "Hey, let's make a Resident Evil movie!" xD

I agree 100%! LOL The movies should have stopped there. You have no idea of my excitement when I first popped the first movie in my DVD tray after I just saw Apocalypse in theaters. I hated it by the time the credits were rolling.... I'm actually ashamed to say that I loved Apocalypse the first time I saw it in theaters. They are all so bad but that one was somewhat entertaining with Nemesis. Ugh I'll waste money on the next one..... and I'll be cringing and angry.... and I'll want to run out crying... again.... XD

There is no way 7 will be the last one. It sounds like they want to do a Rev 3. Hopefully the rumors are true and it is with Rebecca and MAYBE Billy. It sounds like fans want at least one of those two characters for Rev 3 and the devs are listening ^.^ Of course it'll take place between 6 and 7 and bridge the games as the other Rev games had. I wouldn't be surprised if RE stops at 9 or 10 though. I think they know that fans will want closure to the story-line instead of random BS villains or a story that was pulled out of their asses like RE6 was. Sure RE6 had connections but they were so subtle. Besides Capcom might be looking to bring back other series that are in their catalogs, there's been rumors about a Dino Crisis reboot for quite some time.

Resident Evil better be with us for a long time, but this series deserves the proper closer and justice it deserves. All video game developers need to look at MGS and learn how to do this. Capcom also needs to work a little more on planning their future plots. RE6 shows of how poor they are of doing that and RE4 and RE5 displays grains of this as well.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I agree 100%! LOL The movies should have stopped there. You have no idea of my excitement when I first popped the first movie in my DVD tray after I just saw Apocalypse in theaters. I hated it by the time the credits were rolling.... I'm actually ashamed to say that I loved Apocalypse the first time I saw it in theaters. They are all so bad but that one was somewhat entertaining with Nemesis. Ugh I'll waste money on the next one..... and I'll be cringing and angry.... and I'll want to run out crying... again.... XD

There is no way 7 will be the last one. It sounds like they want to do a Rev 3. Hopefully the rumors are true and it is with Rebecca and MAYBE Billy. It sounds like fans want at least one of those two characters for Rev 3 and the devs are listening ^.^ Of course it'll take place between 6 and 7 and bridge the games as the other Rev games had. I wouldn't be surprised if RE stops at 9 or 10 though. I think they know that fans will want closure to the story-line instead of random BS villains or a story that was pulled out of their asses like RE6 was. Sure RE6 had connections but they were so subtle. Besides Capcom might be looking to bring back other series that are in their catalogs, there's been rumors about a Dino Crisis reboot for quite some time.

Resident Evil better be with us for a long time, but this series deserves the proper closer and justice it deserves. All video game developers need to look at MGS and learn how to do this. Capcom also needs to work a little more on planning their future plots. RE6 shows of how poor they are of doing that and RE4 and RE5 displays grains of this as well.

Whenever my family watches them I always have to watch because I need to complain about them. xD

It looks like Alex Wesker is going to be the main antagonist from now on. What they did with her at the end of Revelations 2, the first game she was actually in, was the same as what happened to Albert in the first game he was in, they were both "reborn", so I think the series will still go on for a while, since there's an even stronger Wesker in the picture now. New Wesker, new era of RE! xD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Whenever my family watches them I always have to watch because I need to complain about them. xD

It looks like Alex Wesker is going to be the main antagonist from now on. What they did with her at the end of Revelations 2, the first game she was actually in, was the same as what happened to Albert in the first game he was in, they were both "reborn", so I think the series will still go on for a while, since there's an even stronger Wesker in the picture now. New Wesker, new era of RE! xD

Lmao you should just yell at the T.V. flip it off and then walk out of the room LMAO

Yeah I think she will be as well. Many people are debating that she will either take over The Family or Neo-Umbrella. The Family seemed really unlikely at first... Neither Wesker had anything to do with The Family other than ****ing Derek Simmons off. Umbrella on the other hand apparently has some connection and it's possible there is an unknown connection with Alex considering how it's suggested that she's been pulling strings in everything. Ironically at the end of Revelations 2.... out of all of the events.... she's reading about the Tall Oaks outbreak.... the place where The Family all started.

You're definitely right about how everything about Alex in Revelations 2 is the way it started with Albert. Actually a lot more than just that was parallel with the original game. I could list at least 4 or 5 other things, not to mention all the quotes and homage to the original. I just hope that Alex is in more games than Albert was, even if she's not the main villain of said particular game. She seems to have a hand in so much and is defiantly the smarter, and potentially stronger of the two. In the bad ending she certainly cut her old body like butter... it wasn't rough and seemed to take a lot less effort. Either way she is definitely superior to Albert in almost every way, except MAYBE speed and dexterity.

She's also the best written villain and has so much back story. I'm quite excited for "Heavenly Island".... even if the plot is ****! We at least to see her own Island (I'm pretty sure that's it). Alex is definitely the evilest villain the series and will cause some serious damage!

Hahaha sorry if that came off so random and out of place XD

black 93

Damn, dont really wanna think about that lol. RE is one of those things thats always been there, growing up in the late 90's it was everywhere, then the RE4/5 era hit and it was bigger than ever. Every console iv had, every friend iv played games with, RE has always been there. Il just keep playing the games we have but it will be a real shame

black 93

totally agree, theres no need to end RE anytime soon, we have a new wesker, capcom seem to be bringing some old characters back, and making some cool new ones ( i freakin love moira!) its all good :).

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I don't think the series will end anytime soon and there still stories that need to be told ;)Also, We've been introduced to new awesome characters such as Moira Burton (I love her and her swearing:love:) and Helena Harper (a new badass chick), so I guess everything's fine and we don't have to worry about the series ending soon.

IntoxNitram

I will most likely eventually fall out of touch with the titles but well before that I will just keep rotating through the games again, watch the films again, the TV show again and so on. Then play the other games I haven't played yet (like Revelations)

ArabPikachu

Even if the series' official storyline was finished, Capcom might be able to make spinoff games outside of it. The only way I can see this series being dead is if Capcom runs out of ideas. Due to how it's currently their most popular videogame series, don't expect it to end soon.

Reactions: Jen

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Even if the series' official storyline was finished, Capcom might be able to make spinoff games outside of it. The only way I can see this series being dead is if Capcom runs out of ideas. Due to how it's currently their most popular videogame series, don't expect it to end soon.

Something bad would have to happen for Resident Evil to end soon. And I hope I didn't jinx it.

Top Bottom