• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What will happen to RE series in future ?

Denzil22

Premium
I really like that idea I have offen wondered what the charicters got up to between games thay could go back and exsplan how the bsaa was made. If you think about it we never get to see much of the charicters wen there not in a danger or under attack about more exploring of that side would be nice.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I really like that idea I have offen wondered what the charicters got up to between games thay could go back and exsplan how the bsaa was made. If you think about it we never get to see much of the charicters wen there not in a danger or under attack about more exploring of that side would be nice.
They should reveal a lot of the mysterious stuff that happened in the games that couldn't be explained as well, if they do make prequels.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
To be completely and utterly honest, at this point I would rather see RE rebooted. It would be nice to see it go back to its roots. I just wanna relive what made me fall in love with the series....the original 3. Tomb Raider has been rebooted and personally, I love the reboot. So if the right team gets together, a RE reboot could be AHMAZING :D

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I agree that the only way the franchise could have any lasting power at this point is to do a reboot of some kind, but I feel like the characters deserve closure at least, before it ends. A prequel type thing would be a cool idea also, but ultimately a reboot is probably the only thing that can save the series at this point

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I agree that the only way the franchise could have any lasting power at this point is to do a reboot of some kind, but I feel like the characters deserve closure at least, before it ends. A prequel type thing would be a cool idea also, but ultimately a reboot is probably the only thing that can save the series at this point

I really don't get why the series needs any "saving".

Denzil22

Premium
I
am in 2 minds about I can see why some people want a reboot but I think one of the things that pushes resi above other games is its charicters we need them to so. In my mind it would only work if you keep it very much the same they kinda tried a reboot with devil may cry and I don't thing it worked out to well.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Personally, I actually really enjoyed the latest installments in the series, but it seems as though many fans will give up on the series if they continue going in the "action horror" direction, which, if true, would hurt sales and possibly indicate to Capcom that the series isn't worth continuing. Many fans are also angry because it seems that Capcom isn't listening to their feedback and is just doing what they think is right for the series, even though many fans disagree.

On another note, regarding the prequel idea, what would the gameplay be like if there wasn't a zombie apocalypse, or would it be released as something else like a movie or book or something?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Personally, I actually really enjoyed the latest installments in the series, but it seems as though many fans will give up on the series if they continue going in the "action horror" direction, which, if true, would hurt sales and possibly indicate to Capcom that the series isn't worth continuing. Many fans are also angry because it seems that Capcom isn't listening to their feedback and is just doing what they think is right for the series, even though many fans disagree.

On another note, regarding the prequel idea, what would the gameplay be like if there wasn't a zombie apocalypse, or would it be released as something else like a movie or book or something?

They're not true fans then! xD

That would be interesting. But what would it be like if there weren't zombies?

Denzil22

Premium
I feel like thay have been listening to fans a little at least in revelations 2 fans wanted to see Clair back and we got her back and Barry to. Thay also seem to have focused A little more on horror this time hopefully they have started going in the right Direction.

Top Bottom