• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What will happen to RE series in future ?

e_etu

Soram ~
So i was thinking about this today. All main characters are something like 35 years old ( ? ) right now and they cant keep fighting against zombies and other creatures forever and i cant imagine them doing that when they are something like 60 lol. they probably wants to settle down soon , like have a family or something like that.

So what will happen to RE soon ? Reboot ? Younger generation will replace Claire and others ? Will RE series end soon ?

What do you think ?

I would like to see younger generation replace them ( Sherry , Jake , Moira etc and maybe we will see Claire´s kids in RE too ? i mean she would be great mom ) but i think almost all ( especially RE fans who have been fan from the beginning ) would be against this.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I think somehow, that Capcom will stop the aging progress at a certain point and completely ignore the birthdays and aging looks, just like Crystal Dynamics does with Lara Croft. A different option could be to move all the events in the RE universe into a smaller timeline, so that not that much time passes through the events . Apparently, something like that was intended for RE6. A lot of people claimed that Capcom would move the events of 1998 (Mansion Incident, Raccoon City Incident, Rockford Island Incident) to the year of 2002 to make Chris and Leon younger . Was never done though.

I just can't see RE having new main characters. I mean by now even the spin offs are all about Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. Yes the games are never really about THEM, but they are the faces of the franchise for almost 20 years now and I just can't see some new characters pop up all of the sudden. And I don't think the franchise will end as well, with Revelations 2 Capcom seems to get "back on track" and I'm pretty sure we are about to see RE7 and RE8 in the future.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Capcom hate the idea of their characters aging, it's obvious considering that whenever they have the chance to make their characters only one year younger, they take it. Chris and Sherry in RE6, for example; their ages are listed as 39 and 26, respectively, even though it's 2013 and they might as well be 40 and 27. In fact, if the main events of RE6 had been set only one month later, this would have caused a chronological problem because Chris was stated to be 25 in July 1998. But there's a simple solution, and I've said it countless times: Capcom should just stop feeling forced to have the games take place in their release years! So what if RE6 comes out in 2012/13, does that mean the plot has to be set in that same year?

Especially noticeable is the time gap between RE3 and 4 - six years! And then another five pass until RE5, which is the first game to feature Chris and Jill again, and that in turn means we don't know what they've been up to in the eleven (!) years between Raccoon City and Kijuju, apart from the few days spanned by the plot of the first Revelations and the end of Umbrella. So much wasted time! RE6 could have been set in 2009 instead, Sherry would still have been old enough to fire a gun, and we wouldn't be facing the problem of characters getting too old. At least not yet.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I predict some deus ex virus to make them ageless.

Or if Capcom ever gets used to the idea that people age, they might replace them with younger people (Sherry, Helena, Jake, Sheva, Moira, etc).

Who knows, maybe there will be an RE game down the line in which you use robots to battle zombies. (I'm conflicted on how I might feel if that turns out to be a real thing that will happen)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Resident Evil: Old Folks Home would be awesome! A person gets the Z-Virus and almost everybody gets infected. Chris has his wheelchair to get away with, Jill has to solve puzzles hidden in the home with her bingo set. Leon has to beat zombies with his walker. Come on, that would be interesting!
But seriously, the characters aren't too old yet, about the same age as Barry was in RE 1, and Barry's gonna be in a new game soon, and he's 51 in it. I think the current characters will be around for a while longer.

Jordan Kenney

I believe Resident Evil is a series that should be remade, they've done the first one, now all we need is a HD reMASTER of 2, 3 and 4.

P.S anyone on PS3 wanna play RE5 Mercenaries sometime. Add me on PSN: Kenney_96

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I believe Resident Evil is a series that should be remade, they've done the first one, now all we need is a HD reMASTER of 2, 3 and 4.

P.S anyone on PS3 wanna play RE5 Mercenaries sometime. Add me on PSN: Kenney_96

I don't think 4 will be remastered again. There are four HD remasters already. If anything, 2 will be remastered (maybe).

WeskerLives2015

I would really hate to see the main characters go, but if they went that direction, I'd guess they'd start a whole new story, if they could even do that.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I would really hate to see the main characters go, but if they went that direction, I'd guess they'd start a whole new story, if they could even do that.

Capcom was originally going to kill Chris in RE 6 instead of Piers, so they were planning to start a new generation or something, but they chose not to because Chris has a lot of fans.

e_etu

Soram ~
Capcom was originally going to kill Chris in RE 6 instead of Piers, so they were planning to start a new generation or something, but they chose not to because Chris has a lot of fans.

I kinda wish now that would have happen. :D

Denzil22

Premium
Go
So i was thinking about this today. All main characters are something like 35 years old ( ? ) right now and they cant keep fighting against zombies and other creatures forever and i cant imagine them doing that when they are something like 60 lol. they probably wants to settle down soon , like have a family or something like that.

So what will happen to RE soon ? Reboot ? Younger generation will replace Claire and others ? Will RE series end soon ?

What do you think ?

I would like to see younger generation replace them ( Sherry , Jake , Moira etc and maybe we will see Claire´s kids in RE too ? i mean she would be great mom ) but i think almost all ( especially RE fans who have been fan from the beginning ) would be against this.
Going back to age Barry is 55 in revelations 2 and he is still fighting the monsters and kicking ass. So I think they still have a few years left in em yet after that I do think we will see some old charicters again that where younger like sherry or they will set some games in the past revelations 1 for example was set in 2005.

The Darkening Sea

Capcom hate the idea of their characters aging, it's obvious considering that whenever they have the chance to make their characters only one year younger, they take it. Chris and Sherry in RE6, for example; their ages are listed as 39 and 26, respectively, even though it's 2013 and they might as well be 40 and 27. In fact, if the main events of RE6 had been set only one month later, this would have caused a chronological problem because Chris was stated to be 25 in July 1998. But there's a simple solution, and I've said it countless times: Capcom should just stop feeling forced to have the games take place in their release years! So what if RE6 comes out in 2012/13, does that mean the plot has to be set in that same year?

Especially noticeable is the time gap between RE3 and 4 - six years! And then another five pass until RE5, which is the first game to feature Chris and Jill again, and that in turn means we don't know what they've been up to in the eleven (!) years between Raccoon City and Kijuju, apart from the few days spanned by the plot of the first Revelations and the end of Umbrella. So much wasted time! RE6 could have been set in 2009 instead, Sherry would still have been old enough to fire a gun, and we wouldn't be facing the problem of characters getting too old. At least not yet.

Actually, they could make a line of prequels instead. Go back to when the main characters were significantly younger, say around the time of 1999-2005. Fill their life stories in, at least concerning their work. Albert W could return this way and it would automatically be justified because he was still alive back then! I think his character needs deepening and he just wasn't around enough when you think about all the releases. Another Claire/Leon/Sherry game would be awesome! They might even have to do some minor alteration to the main plot, but think if Albert W discovers where Sherry is being kept hidden and has her abducted...and Claire and Leon have to get together and save her somehow. It feels like (old) Resident Evil as I write it:eager:

Top Bottom