• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What Resident Evil 6 is missing

MINECON

After playing many Resident Evil games already, I felt like creating this thread to share my personal opinion of "Resident Evil 6". I became a big Resident Evil fan since Resident Evil 4 released, but played RE games years before already.

So here my opinions what the game is missing or could've been done a different way:

-Game lacks athmosphere as seen in RE4 and all the previous titles (and RE5).
(The entire game felt on ALL campaigns more like on a flight (which might be the case following the story but I could just not enjoy the game as much as RE4 for example were you had to buy and upgrade your weapons and you actually felt like you reached something when you maxed one out(just one of many examples)

The entire athmosphere made the campaigns feel pretty "cold" described in words. No game you want to play ever again once you finished it.

If I would rate athmosphere of single RE games it'd look like this:
Resident Evil 1(Re-make) : 100% athmosphere
Resident Evil Zero : 100% athmosphere
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2: 90% athmosphere
Resident Evil 4 : 100% athmosphere

Resident Evil 5 : 90% athmosphere
Resident Evil 6 : 70% athmosphere

I really miss parts in the game were I am really scared to go any step further. Shocking moments like in RE4 for example the "Regeneradors" in the laboratory, or the locust(Novistador) that are invisible, making creepy noises. Or in RE1 all the creepy sound effects and visuals. For example when some zombie dog jumps right into the window into the corridor...

-Many parts of the game felt like I was playing "Call of Duty" instead of "Resident Evil"

-Lack of customization
(In RE5 you could play and collect. I really like this concept. You were able to keep these weapons and play with them in other players mission.)

-Capcom should contemplate to create a "stand-alone" Mercenaries game and sell it in stores

-Mercenaries will be on the long run the only thing that will keep RE6 players online, BUT
mercenaries is only available if(!) players have finished all three main campains (this might result in low audience/ mission availability)

-Not enough mercenaries maps (3 maps are not enough for such kind of game mode)
(Giving out additional maps for DLC-ONLY will result in low publicity, since only a low percentage of players will purchase "DLC-CONTENT")

-I'm missing lots of previous characters seen in mercenaries (RE4+RE5):
Where are Jill, Wesker, Barry, HUNK etc.?

Overall:
Resident Evil 6 feels still pretty unpolished and uncomplete for reasons mentioned above.
It could've reached much, much more, but probably time was holding a role of Capcoms decision to release the game NOW.

A shame, the game has potential.

Best wishes

Wayniiee

After playing many Resident Evil games already, I felt like creating this thread to share my personal opinion of "Resident Evil 6". I became a big Resident Evil fan since Resident Evil 4 released, but played RE games years before already.

So here my opinions what the game is missing or could've been done a different way:

Jill and Claire I think they should at least put them on mercenaries because they got every other character in resident evil 6 and a lot of fans would probably pay to have them in the game me included :)

-Game lacks athmosphere as seen in RE4 and all the previous titles (and RE5).
(The entire game felt on ALL campaigns more like on a flight (which might be the case following the story but I could just not enjoy the game as much as RE4 for example were you had to buy and upgrade your weapons and you actually felt like you reached something when you maxed one out(just one of many examples)

The entire athmosphere made the campaigns feel pretty "cold" described in words. No game you want to play ever again once you finished it.

If I would rate athmosphere of single RE games it'd look like this:
Resident Evil 1(Re-make) : 100% athmosphere
Resident Evil Zero : 100% athmosphere
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2: 90% athmosphere
Resident Evil 4 : 100% athmosphere

Resident Evil 5 : 90% athmosphere
Resident Evil 6 : 70% athmosphere

I really miss parts in the game were I am really scared to go any step further. Shocking moments like in RE4 for example the "Regeneradors" in the laboratory, or the locust(Novistador) that are invisible, making creepy noises. Or in RE1 all the creepy sound effects and visuals. For example when some zombie dog jumps right into the window into the corridor...

-Many parts of the game felt like I was playing "Call of Duty" instead of "Resident Evil"

-Lack of customization
(In RE5 you could play and collect. I really like this concept. You were able to keep these weapons and play with them in other players mission.)

-Capcom should contemplate to create a "stand-alone" Mercenaries game and sell it in stores

-Mercenaries will be on the long run the only thing that will keep RE6 players online, BUT
mercenaries is only available if(!) players have finished all three main campains (this might result in low audience/ mission availability)

-Not enough mercenaries maps (3 maps are not enough for such kind of game mode)
(Giving out additional maps for DLC-ONLY will result in low publicity, since only a low percentage of players will purchase "DLC-CONTENT")

-I'm missing lots of previous characters seen in mercenaries (RE4+RE5):
Where are Jill, Wesker, Barry, HUNK etc.?

Overall:
Resident Evil 6 feels still pretty unpolished and uncomplete for reasons mentioned above.
It could've reached much, much more, but probably time was holding a role of Capcoms decision to release the game NOW.

A shame, the game has potential.

Best wishes

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Seems you dont even know what ya talking about which is proven by this:

If you even had played the game once u would know that the Mercenaries mode is unlocked since the very beginning.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Seems you dont even know what ya talking about which is proven by this:

If you even had played the game once u would know that the Mercenaries mode is unlocked since the very beginning.
Not many players will finish all missions and have the three available 'campaign' mercenaries maps. This is true and you can see in a search 90% of players are casual players playing urban chaos map because they havent unlocked the mining the depths/ Piers maps.
And the other three DLC maps that are on the disc should have been available and not DLC only, because only certain countries like mine got all three.
I think hes saying 6 maps in total isnt even that many, but the vast majority of players currently only have Urban Chaos, and a minority only have 6 maps, Where as it could have been something like default 4 maps, 7 maps after completed all campaigns, 10 maps when completed certain mercenaries objectives in an ideal world,
except they will probaly release them as DLC later, and further 'split' the community.

zeroskaterz92

i've been playing all the games, sadly to say, if you play it again for 2 or 3 rounds, there's no "shocking moments", as everything was scripted and predictable especially for zombie dog jump in the first game.
for the first playthrough, yes it's creepy but after that, nothing really scary 'cause it's not random approach (most RE games does are cheap jump scares) or whenever you hear music, then you know there's something in there waiting for you (which most horror games did).
overall, RE6 still one of the best aside from RE2 and RE4.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Well they do have Mercenaries when you get the game. Its true you do have to play and finish the campaigns to unlock more characters, but that's the point, we bought it for the whole package not Mercenaires. As for customizations, we do have the option to buy and upgrade our Skills in 'Campaign', 'Agent Hunt', and 'Mercenaries'. You have to save up and get these abilities. Also if you have a RE.NET account, the more you play you can unlock more stuff for mercenaries. Overall this game is amazing, it can be too long if you just wanna play a quick game, but that's what i love about RE6, it keeps you going and you have to go for it.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to correct you on these 2. Capcom did release a Resident Evil game that was Mercenaries only, it was Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

Second, Mercenaries is available right out of the gate without having the need to beat the entire game first, the only thing that comes available when you beat the first 3 campaigns is Ada's campaign which when completed adds Ada as a playable Mercenaries character.

Top Bottom