• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your preferred RE Item Storage System?

Which Item Management System do you prefer?

• Magic Access Box to access all items via any Magic Box (RE1, 2, 3 & Revelation)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Fixed Storage Box, item only accessible in the specific storage box you stored the items in

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Carry Everything in your magical pouch (RE6)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Items stays exactly where you dropped it for entire game (Outbreak & Zero)

• Vault Type where you bank all your items in a safe "Outside the Game" (RE5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Items dissapear when you choose drop or discard.

• Total voters

potato

Just wondering with different item management system in RE series, which one you prefer more?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I most enjoyed the inventory system RE4 had, which I believe was the last one. So that is what I vote for.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
My favorite is Resident Evil 4's storage system, using the case that allowed you to fit in as many items as you want, so long as you can make it fit. Really wish they would've stuck with it. I hated RE5's system.

By the way, I'm looking to play Revelations soon, and I'm wondering what the storage system is like in that game?

potato

In that case RE4 is considered the 3rd type magical pouch. Since you never see Leon carry the suitcase and obviously it'd be a magical suitcase to fit so many weapons.

Revelation uses magical box system (for weapons only) with limited of 3 weapons you can carry and limited ammo depending on how many ammo pouches you have collected and also limited herbs to 5 & grenades. It has these upgrade cards you can install to some guns and remove them anytime you want tru the magic box.

Even though it's abit annoying but the most realistic type would be Outbreak & Zero where you really have limited number of slots. But because of that i end up using Yoko quite frequently due to her backpack.

My favorite is Resident Evil 4's storage system, using the case that allowed you to fit in as many items as you want, so long as you can make it fit. Really wish they would've stuck with it. I hated RE5's system.

By the way, I'm looking to play Revelations soon, and I'm wondering what the storage system is like in that game?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
In that case RE4 is considered the 3rd type magical pouch. Since you never see Leon carry the suitcase and obviously it'd be a magical suitcase to fit so many weapons.

Revelation uses magical box system (for weapons only) with limited of 3 weapons you can carry and limited ammo depending on how many ammo pouches you have collected and also limited herbs to 5 & grenades. It has these upgrade cards you can install to some guns and remove them anytime you want tru the magic box.

Even though it's abit annoying but the most realistic type would be Outbreak & Zero where you really have limited number of slots. But because of that i end up using Yoko quite frequently due to her backpack.

Oh, I didn't see 'Revelations' in the magical box option up there. Duh. Thanks for the info.

And yeah, I hated Outbreak's system. You could only carry four items at once. Didn't mind Zero's. At least you could carry more and the action didn't continue even if you opened up the menu.

potato

If they gave more slots for outbreak it would have been a good system. Real time item management adds the tense to the game. Especially when time is crucial as you have the infection rate.

Oh, I didn't see 'Revelations' in the magical box option up there. Duh. Thanks for the info.

And yeah, I hated Outbreak's system. You could only carry four items at once. Didn't mind Zero's. At least you could carry more and the action didn't continue even if you opened up the menu.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
RE4 style was the best I thought. I think that was the second, so that's what I did.

Top Bottom