• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Steve Burnside lived?

Levan

Polkka. lol
CONTAINS ENDING SPOILERS FOR RE:CV

A simple fan fic I made, where Steve Burnside survives and comes home with Claire Redfield.

Again, like I said before, English isn't my main language and I don't have a very wide vocabulary(nor am I good at describing things...) so I still hope you guys have a fun read. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: Escape
-------------------------------------------------------

Claire Redfield.

After hearing her sweet yet deluding voice calling me, I woke up, and to my dismay, I was trapped, unable to escape the huge halberd that lay just in front of me. I looked at Claire’s fairly youthful face as she reluctantly tried to pull it away and free me. I helped in trying to remove it as well, though I was very sure there was no chance of freedom from the hard, steel pole of the halberd itself without the help of someone else other than me and Claire. She clutched the pole and with all her strength, she pulled. But it did not even budge from that spot. But other than the worry of permanent entrapment, I had this other worry as well that will endanger the very being of Claire. Right now, she was risking her life once again, just to save me.

Alexia Ashford… She must’ve done something to me. She must have experimented on me, just like what she did to her poor father. I could still remember those tentacles that knocked me off the helipad, almost falling to the endless abyss of snow right under us. She went to my aid even though right behind her, the hideous creature Nosferatu was closing in on her, with the involuntary intention of eliminating her. I told her to go, but she followed her instincts and ignored my warnings. To think, she risked her life just to save me, a simple seventeen year old teenager that was plunged into a world of creatures and abominations but still, with the stubborn and arrogant personality of a ten year old child.

My dad, he was the cause of all of this, including the death of my mother whom I loved very much. I had this deep hatred of him from the very start, even before we stepped foot on this hell-driven island, but if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have ever met Claire, the beautiful nineteen year old girl with the uncanny ability of creating humorous yet truthful speeches that pointed out towards me. I simply acted like I was dreadfully annoyed at her points, but inside of me, I was laughing, and my relationship with her continued to build up every time we argued with each other, like a cute couple from an Asian sitcom where usually a relationship is built through continuous fights with each other.

I shifted back into reality when she had given up on releasing me. “Who did this to you?” She asked, and her voice echoed through the room in a seemingly endless manner. For that, I had to answer her with the very truth, which is that Alexia has experimented on me, like what she did to her father. I had no other choice.

I suddenly felt the inside of my body thumping, and each time I felt a tremendous amount of pain. Words could not describe the suffering that I felt there, it was like a mixture of different types of torture all compiled into one. I could do nothing but try to endure the pain, and ask for help. I kept calling Claire’s name, hoping for her to help me in any kind of way, but I could only see Claire’s horrified gaze at me, and I understood. I was about to turn into something else.

As I let out the last breath of air just to say her name, I felt my throat continually changing until my voice completely deepened beyond any man could. I suddenly felt the pain like my head was stretched beyond its reach a thousand times, over and over. I screamed in agony, but not even a small squeal left my now deformed mouth.

And then after, I felt the pain of each of my arms and legs being stretched, and later on, my whole upper body, up until my body started to produce violent and disturbing crunching sounds. There was nothing I could do but to close my eyelids, the only body part left that I could fully control, and wish it would all end quickly.

And then, I opened my eyes. Claire was still there, calling my name once again, but why would she call my name? I wasn’t Steve anymore, that’s for certain.

I felt the cold steel pole on my hands, even though I didn’t decide to pick it up. It was like I was being controlled by something else. And then I felt this sudden urge to just… Kill her and get it over with.

I swung the deadly weapon furiously throughout the room as I chased her towards the end. I was relieved that Claire was fast enough to dodge my incoming attacks, and she got out just in time before the metal gate closed in on her. I began pounding on the gate with desire of slicing her into pieces with the halberd.

But, why wouldn’t she leave? She just stood there and watched me as I pounded on the gate; it looked like she didn’t care for her life at all, but mine.

One of Alexia’s tentacles suddenly popped out from the wall, knocking Claire to the other side of the room. I could now feel my heart aching as the tentacle wrapped itself on Claire’s body, and held her up for me so I can kill her.

Yes, there was a burning flame of anger inside my body telling me to kill her, but deep in the depths of my heart, there was another burning flame as well, the burning flame of love to not try and kill her.

Just as I was about to chop her with the axe, I felt an uncontrollable emotion inside me to just stop doing what I was about to do. And amazingly, I did stop. The burning fire of love has won, and suddenly, I was able to control myself again. With all my strength, I used the axe to cut off the tentacle that held her. She fell down on the ground, and surprisingly, the tentacle retreated back in its hole, where it should have belonged in the first place.

Something wasn’t right. It didn’t strike back at me, but why? But then I felt my body returning back to normal before I could even try and figure it out. The halberd felt very heavy now, so I let it fall down on the ground, creating a loud noise that echoed through the empty room. I was now human again, like a miraculous event just happened to me, but how did that happen?

I struggled as I walked to Claire, but I couldn’t hold it anymore, and rested my back on the cold wall. I suddenly felt Claire’s soft, warm hands caressing my very face. I was freezing cold, and as I held her hand against my cheeks, I felt warm and comforted.

“Steve… Thank you,” she thanked me, but I couldn’t look at her in the eyes. I was ashamed that I nearly ended up trying to kill her. “You shouldn’t be thanking me Claire, I almost killed you…”

When I looked at her, she grinned. She looked more cheerful than before. “But you didn’t right? You ended up saving me instead, and that’s what I’m thanking you for.”

Suddenly, someone shouted through the prison door which was apparently locked when Claire went inside the room. “Claire! Are you in there?” a man shouted. “Yes Chris, I’m here with Steve. I can’t open the door; I think it’s electronically locked somehow. But I think I know how to unlock it.”

Claire took out a small book from her jacket and slid it under the door. “If you activate the self-destruct system in this facility, all of the doors should unlock immediately. You have to hurry,” She explained.

“Alright Claire, wait for me there.” I heard the faint sound of the footsteps from outside the door, until finally the sound faded away. “That was my brother, he came here to rescue us,” She said happily, but for me I felt embarrassed from making that insulting speech a few hours ago, it was all because I didn’t trust anyone ever since my dad led me into this place.

“I’m sorry I ever doubted you, your brother really did come to save you after all,” I apologized, but Claire shook her head and smiled. “You don’t need to apologize. Let’s just get over with that, okay?”

I nodded. I felt a bit happy that Claire was being nicer to me now. Maybe it’s because she almost lost me back there, but even if it was that very reason, I didn’t care at all.

A few minutes later, an alarm went off and an announcement was made. “This facility will detonate in five minutes.”

The lock on the door was released, and Claire jumped for joy. “He’s done it! Let’s go Steve, we’re finally going home.” She grabbed my hand and helped me stand up. I realized then that I was half naked. My clothes must have been torn apart when I mutated, and the only thing left that kept me from being nude was my pants- well, I could probably call it my shorts now. Now I know how the Hulk feels when he returns back to normal. But I didn’t care too much, all I wanted was to get out of this wretched hellhole.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Here's the 2nd part of chapter 1... Couldn't fit it all in one post :(

---------------------------------------------

I followed Claire as she went up the stairs. When I caught up with her, Claire was embracing her brother, happily that now she was united with his brother at last. I went closer, but Chris gave a suspicious and shocked expression when he noticed me.

“Claire, you weren’t doing anything…” He stared at me more closely, “with Steve, have you?” Claire blushed when she heard Chris’ question. I felt quite embarrassed, and I didn’t know what to say.

“What the heck do you mean!? He just got in some trouble, that’s why he’s dressed like that. He had a full set of clothing before he mutated…” Chris interrupted her, his eyes widened with shock. “Mutated?”

“I’ll explain it all later, for now I think its time we should get out of here.”

We all ran towards the stairs, but suddenly a large tentacle smashed through the floor, and something started to come out from inside of it. It was the body of Alexia, now changed through the T-Veronica virus.

“What should we do,” Claire asked worriedly. Chris looked around the room and saw the linear launcher, possibly the only thing he could use to defeat Alexia.

“Claire, head for the emergency elevator, the jet should be waiting there. Steve, turn the key clockwise simultaneously on three,” He ordered me, and I followed him to the Linear Launcher. Claire had already left, and Alexia has revived completely and was staring at both of us.

“One, two… three!”

We were able to open the lock, and finally, the Linear Launcher was released. “Go ahead Steve, I’ll take care of this. Go ahead and follow Claire to the emergency elevator.” I wanted to help him, but I just nodded, I didn’t want to try and ignore his orders, being someone who’s highly more experienced than him after all.

I rushed to the stairs, but suddenly, a path of fire hindered me from doing so. Alexia was now a few inches in front of me, and there was no chance to defend myself. I then heard the sound of gunfire, and Alexia dropped down on the floor. I looked back at Chris and saw him holding a Magnum. “Go Steve!” Chris shouted, so I went on, and when I took a quick look at the back, I saw Alexia transforming into something much more hideous and fearful, but I had no choice but to leave him there, but I was quite sure that he can handle Alexia, especially with that Linear Launcher in his arsenal.

I went down the stairs and headed to the elevator, but then I saw Claire, being held captive by a man with his blond hair slicked onto his back. “Claire!” I called, but the man pushed her towards the hole on the wall and moved with lightning fast speed. I followed both of them, shouldering zombies along the way that tried to grab me, and finally arrived at the room, and saw the man once again holding Claire captive.
“I need you, Steve. You have something I want inside of you, so if you don’t want to see your little girlfriend dead, I suggest you give yourself up to me,” he said with an evil smirk in his face.

“Let her go! You don’t want her!” I shouted. The man looked way older and tougher than me, but Claire was in trouble. I had to save her.

“Fine then,” he said, and threw Claire over to him. “Now, come with me Steve.”

“Like I’ll do that,” I said confidently. “Claire, go ahead, I’ll take care of this,” I whispered to Claire, but she shook her head. “No, Steve. He’s too strong for you. You can’t fight him in that condition…” I embraced her, trying to remove the worry she had for me. “I promise I’ll catch up, so go.”

Claire looked concern, but then she ran back again towards the emergency elevator. She trusted me… And I’ll want to thank her later for that, only if I live through this though.
“How touching, never thought you make quite a cute couple,” the man said, but I ignored him.

Suddenly, I felt a painful jab right on my stomach. I was sent flying, and crashed towards a stack of boxes that broke apart when I landed. But it was strange… After that sudden jab it didn’t even felt like I was punched at all. I felt… invulnerable. The virus must have done something to make me like that, and I thought, there could be an immense power hidden inside of me now.

“So, have you had enough already, Steve?” he said as he went closer to me.

“Not yet…” I jolted toward him in a flash, and gave a heavy punch at him right on his face. Like me when he jabbed me on the stomach, he was sent flying as well and landed on the hard ground. Amazing… I never thought I was this powerful.
He climbed back unto his feet and threw away his now broken sunglasses, and I saw the deep red shade of his eyes. He didn’t look human at all.

“Alright then, Steve. If you won’t come back with me, then I’ll just have to kill you right here and now.” The man ran to me and suddenly started giving me lightning fast jabs and punches, but, I was able to block every single attack and countered him with my very own, causing him to stagger from my blows. Even though I it’s clear that his punches were too fast for the naked eye to see, I was able to block them all with no sweat, like I’m more powerful than him.

Suddenly I felt something burning from my hands, and saw red liquid dripping down from them. The liquid was so hot that I reacted to it and shook it off my hand. The red liquid splashed unto the rest of the boxes and suddenly, the place was now surrounded with fire. Wasn’t that Alexia’s power? How did I get it?

The man grunted when he saw the fire surrounding the area, and retreated to the submarine that was inside that place. It looks like he gave up on me and left me, so I headed back to the emergency elevator to join Claire, and hopefully, Chris as well.

I arrived seconds before the elevator exploded right behind me, so I jumped to the jet, and I grabbed on the plane wing. “Steve! Thank god you’re alright,” Claire said as she helped me get inside the jet. Once I got inside, Chris started the jet and flew away from the facility. I looked back and watched the facility get blown into smithereens.

It was over. We all got out safely.

Claire lied on my shoulder, feeling very sleepy. “Steve…” She murmured before she finally went to sleep. Chris smiled when he saw us. “So, are you guys dating or what?” He asked. I blushed, but I tried my best not to let Chris see my face.
“Well, if I could get your permission, maybe we could,” I answered nervously, but I smiled. Chris laughed even more. “Alright then, you have my permission, like you needed it anyway, I’m sure Claire would get angry at me if I tried to control who she’s supposed to go with.”

I grinned and watched Claire sleeping soundly on my shoulders. I love her very much, not just because of her beauty, but she was the perfect woman I wanted to love for so long. She was a caring woman like my mother, and I don’t mind the two year age gap we have between us, as long as I’m with Claire, I’m contented.. Maybe this time, we could bond with each other properly now, than working together and fighting endless amounts of zombies. We could do it traditionally, going out on dates and having dinner.

I couldn’t help but worry a bit more, not at our relationship, but at myself. One thing I know is that the T-Veronica virus was still inside of me. I was a menace, and I may have lost my humanity already. Sure, I look human now, but what if I turn into that horrible monster again? My immense power, invulnerability, and the ability to generate flames were only the beginning. What would happen next?

I was too tired to think of the consequences anymore, and my eyelids grew heavy. I finally closed my eyes and went to sleep as Chris continued to ride the jet back home.

-End of Chapter 1

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
You... are you going to write a book x3? Btw, I'll read it later, because now it's 1:06 and I'm sleepy as hell >.>

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Now, finally I read it. You said your English isn't perfect, right? Well, excuse me, but your English is awesome *o*! So is this whole chapter =D! Lolwhut, a halfnaked Steve x3 I can imagine what Chris thought back then XD!

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
Whao!, what a long story.

That would of being right, if the story went on after Code veronica.

Not a bad story tho. sounds bit Romantic, but its great.

Zacmac90

awesome story...very much enjoyed reading it

Perhaps I could recommend my story....I am sure you would enjoy it as I enjoyed your story

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
i dont know remember when he pointed the gun at the zombie? and he was like "i can't duo it! *wa wa wa cry wine like a bitch*" anyways that was annoying and i never liked him, but that was my opinion. plz dont hate me.

Top Bottom