• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you want from Resident Evil Village?

Wasker1995

Just thought it’d be interesting to see what fellow fans of this incredible series want out of RE Village? It can be anything from narrative, gameplay, locations, enemies, and ANYTHING in between. Here’s my list so far...

•More variations of enemies. REVII had the most boring and forgettable enemies (besides the Baker encounters) in the series so far in my opinion. The werewolf men look really cool and look to cause some real threats to the player, so that’s a promising start.

•An in-depth look into what the hell happened to Chris after the events of RE6 and present. I think this will be explained, or at least I’m hoping so. In fact I’m hoping Village explains all the loose ends in general.

•More interesting new characters. I don’t know about you guys but I had basically zero interest in Mia, Zoe, or even some of the Baker family members (purely on a narrative level). Other RE games introduction of new characters have captivated me to want to know and learn more about them. Not so much in VII. Hopefully Village will change that.

And also i want Ethan dead! Because he's boring, dull and uninteresting!

And also i want ALBERT WESKER TO RETURN! All the villains since Wesker's death in the series have sucked, and therefore Wesker must return!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yes, there are a ton of things I would love to see included in RE8.

FIRSTLY, I would love the option to play in first person OR third person. It's not that hard for a major developer like Capcom to let us switch the camera back 1 feet or so. I suppose they would have to develop an entirely original third person movement and battle mechanic, but I won't mind if they recycle most of it from the REmake games.

SECONDLY, a few tie-ins to the rest of the series would be nice. I know we'll see a lot of reference to RE7, but we can tie this in to a lot of other events if we want to. Chris' presence almost begs for concepts from RE1, RECV, and RE5 in there. And who knows who the other returning characters will be?

THIRDLY, I want to make sure we have scientific explanations for all of the supernatural events that seem to be going on in the game. Werewolves can be explained with viral options. The term witch is used to describe people who may have more knowledge about medicines and science than the rest of the people in the area. Also, people coin themselves as witches all the time regardless of their affinity for magic. I am technically an herbalist and some might call me a witch (warlock/wizard)! And vampires... Well, a lot of enemies in the RE series have drank blood before. So this is not something SUPER new. This is basically the ending of Transylvania 65000 for those of you who get the reference.

FINALLY, I just want a good game. Capcom has the knowledge on how to do this, so let's just... do it. haha

Top Bottom