• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What do you think was in the cocoon in Ada's campaign?

Jakeykins18

Useless
After the final boss fight in Ada's campaign she retreats to what I'm guessing was on of Carla's facilities. If you stay around and listen to the audio instead of heading straight for the final scene you'll hear Carla talk about how "this" is her greatest creation yet. When you go in the room it starts to hatch but Ada destroys it along with everything else in the room, but what was in it @___@ ?
ANOTHER ADA !?!

Fenris

Wolf :)
Maybe RE7 will give the answers. So far there is no hint about who is in that cocoon (as far as I know) and everything could be possible. However I don't think that this is a second Ada, I mean think about it: Carla hated it to become Ada and what kind of use has it to her to transform others into Ada as well? She wouldn't accomplish anything with it and the hand looked WAY to male for me. And now I have two theories: The entire game Carla and Neo-Umbrella were after Jake in order to perfect the C-Virus with his antibodies. But I'm sure Carla had a Plan B for the case that Jake would escape or go missing. Why chase a person with antibodies if you could easily clone a second one, that gives you access to the antibodies 24/7? I'm sure she collected enough informations about Jake while he was a prisoner of Neo-Umbrella, in order to clone him. And I think It would have been way easier to clone him (at least in the RE universe) than to chase him all the time and Neo-Umbrella would make sure that the "Jake clone" is their secret weapon, nobody would new about him and if the real Jake was kidnapped it would cause to much sensation. My second theory is on one hand a little bit "over the top" but on the other hand I think it kinda makes sense. What person has the same blood as Jake but could be more useful for Neo-Umbrella as an ally as well? Nobody else than Albert Wesker in my opinion! Maybe Carla wasn't just looking for the antibodies but for a partner that would help her to lead Neo-Umbrella and she knew about Wesker and how much he wanted to rule the world. They both pretty much have the same enemies and I think they somehow had the same goals. Then Carla would have convinced him to join and they would be the ultimate leaders and Wesker could finally gain his "world". But how could Carla clone Wesker? Maybe Neo-Umbrella collected archives data from Tricell, Umbrella, Veltro, the 3rd organization and all the other companies (just like Wesker did in Umbrella Chronicles) and with those datas Carla collected enough informations about Wesker and was able to clone him. Maybe you can befriend with those ideas, I just think that it would make sense to clone Jake or Wesker because of their antibodies and how valuable they were to Neo-Umbrella.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
The greatest creation she was reffering to was Haos and judging from what Ada says it might be another Carla but hmm cloning I don't think that was in the game so who knows.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Maybe RE7 will give the answers. So far there is no hint about who is in that cocoon (as far as I know) and everything could be possible. However I don't think that this is a second Ada, I mean think about it: Carla hated it to become Ada and what kind of use has it to her to transform others into Ada as well? She wouldn't accomplish anything with it and the hand looked WAY to male for me. And now I have two theories: The entire game Carla and Neo-Umbrella were after Jake in order to perfect the C-Virus with his antibodies. But I'm sure Carla had a Plan B for the case that Jake would escape or go missing. Why chase a person with antibodies if you could easily clone a second one, that gives you access to the antibodies 24/7? I'm sure she collected enough informations about Jake while he was a prisoner of Neo-Umbrella, in order to clone him. And I think It would have been way easier to clone him (at least in the RE universe) than to chase him all the time and Neo-Umbrella would make sure that the "Jake clone" is their secret weapon, nobody would new about him and if the real Jake was kidnapped it would cause to much sensation. My second theory is on one hand a little bit "over the top" but on the other hand I think it kinda makes sense. What person has the same blood as Jake but could be more useful for Neo-Umbrella as an ally as well? Nobody else than Albert Wesker in my opinion! Maybe Carla wasn't just looking for the antibodies but for a partner that would help her to lead Neo-Umbrella and she knew about Wesker and how much he wanted to rule the world. They both pretty much have the same enemies and I think they somehow had the same goals. Then Carla would have convinced him to join and they would be the ultimate leaders and Wesker could finally gain his "world". But how could Carla clone Wesker? Maybe Neo-Umbrella collected archives data from Tricell, Umbrella, Veltro, the 3rd organization and all the other companies (just like Wesker did in Umbrella Chronicles) and with those datas Carla collected enough informations about Wesker and was able to clone him. Maybe you can befriend with those ideas, I just think that it would make sense to clone Jake or Wesker because of their antibodies and how valuable they were to Neo-Umbrella.

I totally thought Wesker too. But it does seem unlikely, in my opinion. However, this is Capcom we're talking about, if they want to bring characters back to life, they will. They've done it before. :p

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Is what they were doing in RE6 real cloning? All Simmons did was take Carla, and mix her DNA with Ada's and the C-virus, which turned her into an Ada look-alike.

Anyway, I'd definitely say that there was a male coming out of that cocoon. As to who it was, it could be anyone: Wesker, Jake, Steve, some random dude Carla created because she was lonely, etc. We'll just wait and see. This is why Capcom shouldn't worry about any REboots. They need to finish off the current series first.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
There are too many loose ends to tie up before they do a total reboot.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I also didn't get the impression that RE6 was about cloning. If it was, then why did Simmons need so many test subjects until he got the "perfect" Ada? He obviously knew how to brainwash people, so I guess his only problem was that the other women didn't look enough like Ada after the transformation was complete (which wouldn't be an issue if this was really about cloning in the true sense of the word).
It is also mentioned somewhere that Carla was "a close match", and if you look at the picture that shows her with Simmons before the transformation, you'll see (or at least it looks like that to me) that her face actually is similar to Ada's. So I suppose the C-virus can't clone people, it can only transform them to look as much as possible like another person, whereas when you clone someone in modern fiction, the clone is usually an entirely new being that is born at the moment you create it, not a person that has lived before, but was changed. (Long and complicated sentence, I hope people will understand what I'm trying to say.)

As for the hand, I would be careful with statements like "It looks like a male hand". RE isn't especially good at that... :confused: I mean, look at Piers's hands. They are big, but lacking hair and visible veins, and they look quite female to me even though he's a man.

Fenris

Wolf :)
Yeah I wasn't sure either about the "cloning" thing so I just used it^^ (There should have been some more info about it)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There should have been more info about many things concerning RE6, that weird C-virus in particular...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I was under the impression that a human was encased in a cocoon, and then exposed to the DNA of the person they wanted to clone somehow... Though I don't know where I got that from.

EDIT: Just found this on wiki (obviously take with a pinch of salt)

In Derek's obsession to recreate Ada Wong, he used Carla as a test subject against her will by combining her body with Ada's DNA and the C-Virus. The experiment was a success, but left Carla psychologically damaged.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, transformed Carla did hatch from a cocoon if that video Leon and Ada saw is to be believed, so you might be right.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
On Chris' campaign when a recording was played while Chris and Piers were fighting off the monsters in the Underwater facility. She says in the recording something like 'He will rise from the ashes and reign on the new world' So hinting its Wesker coming back to life or she made a life partner for herself?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Rise from the ashes implies someone who died before though.

Harry

King With No Crown
The missiles that Chris and Piers stopped apart from one carried the C-virus, they were heading all across the world, thus killing everyone, leaving civilization in ashes . Haos would of been born making it reign in the 'new world'.

That's how I interpreted it. :p

I don't think the cocoon at the end of her campaign was another Ada. Carla reacted badly to the real Ada Wong, hating her, taunting and trying to kill her, no way would she try to make a copy of Ada.

It could of been another experiment, far more greater than Haos. Or likely, the perfect J'avo.

Or even better, trying to remake her original self.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I doubt the original self one, because she said 'he'. But the others seem plausible. :)

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the forum. :)

Harry

King With No Crown
Oh, didn't actually realise that she said he. The Wesker idea sounds like a good one.

And thank you kind Madam! :)

Reactions: Jen

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I think everyone is trying too hard to come up with possible events, it is just as it was before RE6 came out, people came up with stories far more complicated than it actually was. I believe she was reffering to Haos all the time, pure and simple, below being the right variant. As for who came out from the cocoon, it probably was another test subject, nothing significant.

The missiles that Chris and Piers stopped apart from one carried the C-virus, they were heading all across the world, thus killing everyone, leaving civilization in ashes . Haos would of been born making it reign in the 'new world'.

That's how I interpreted it. :p

Top Bottom