• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Aim What do you think of Dead Aim?

Soul Fist

Honestly, I am over boats in RE. Dead Aim, RE5, Revelations, RE7 all have major boat levels/areas. Unless they did something with those titles, no more boats! The boat section of RE7 is where that game started to really drift away from the greatness of the beginning.

But you are definitely right that there is not a big need for Bruce and Fong Ling. At least Fong Ling has a different archetype from Ada. But Bruce is just Leon with different hair. haha.
Completely agree, I always thought Bruce and Leon were too samilar. When I was a kid I thought they were the same person LOL XD

mert20004

It's a decent spinoff and the best one from all survivor games but ı dont like it due to morpheus who ruins the game for me.

The whole gender changing stuff of t+g virus is stupid and has no explanation other than the devs wanting a female tyrant for the game. ( Why didnt use a female villain instead? )

I know morpheus was obsessed with beauty but ı dont think his mutation needed organic high heels and gender turn. I dont think him getting obsessed with beauty is a good excuse for gender change. I liked the bioelectrogenesis aspect of this virus ( Which later comes back in re6 with piers' mutation though thankfully he doesnt turn gender unlike morpheus. ) but that's it. I dont think ı like any other aspect of it. The 2nd mutation makes more sense since it reminds me of birkin's final form in a way but ı dislike that boss fight due to being frustrating.

I know ı said that ı liked the over the top aspect of re games, especially 4 / 5 / 6 but morpheus' mutation is just plain stupid to me. It's not campy in a fun way either; it's just plain stupid and boring.

I also found morpheus a really weak villain and his plan boring; some backstory aspects of him are cool like him getting framed for mansion incident but that's really it.

Imo survivor is crap and worse than dead aim ( Which is decent. ) but the umbrella backstory in sheena island is more interesting to me than the backstory in dead aim. Vincent feels like a more interesting villain to me than morpheus as well.

Bruce is extremely boring but ı like fong ling. I dont like him but ı like the relationship between them. Her silencer handgun is nice. Idk why ada doesnt have one in her separate ways mode unlike wesker in re4 mercenaries and umbrella chronicles. Thankfully she improved her loadout in re6. It has better characters than the 1st survivor while also having a worse story at the exact same time.

Now for the good stuff:

In some ways; dead aim is a good evolution for the series too.

It even does " re4 " in some ways better than the actual game does.

Like being able to move and shoot, being able to dodge re3 style and no qtes.

No firing upgrades; it's very stupid that re4 has firing upgrades for handgun and yet bruce doesnt need one.

It's a shame the budget for it is very short.

Another thing; ı feel like this game should have established a rivalry between bruce and leon.

And in re4; instead of krauser, bruce should have appeared instead.

Basically krauser should have been bruce.

Krauser is still a better developed character thanks to darkside chronicles but bruce feels less like a cheap character compared to krauser who comes out of nowhere.

Murderer Enshrined

I played and finished Dead Aim one time. It was made for the GunCon. But it'll work with the regular controller as well. That's how I finished it. I liked it. I borrowed it from a friend. He had two pistols. I have to admit, I preferred playing Time Crisis with friends with the GunCons more than I liked playing Dead Aim at home alone with the analog controller.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Dead Aim does have a weird control scheme that should never be used again. But it is memorable for what it is.

To be fair to that game, I did like a lot of the enemy designs and boss designs. The game took pre-existing enemies and spun them in to newer, more grotesque versions which I approved of. Theyre not great, but I still think they are underrated.

Ikawaru

Loved it. Underrated title imo. Fongling's story arch was more straightforward and less nuanced than Ada Wong's so the whole "She's just like Ada!" argument never really held much water for me. Bruce and Morpheus hold their own quite well as the protagonist/villain, and even the gameplay wasn't all too offensive.

Soul Fist

Loved it. Underrated title imo. Fongling's story arch was more straightforward and less nuanced than Ada Wong's so the whole "She's just like Ada!" argument never really held much water for me. Bruce and Morpheus hold their own quite well as the protagonist/villain, and even the gameplay wasn't all too offensive.
It is underrated, short yet enjoyable game that managed to deliver what they wanted with it.

Fong Ling is quite different from Ada, just because she's a femme fatale that happened to come from China doesn't make her look like Ada. They are still not that samilar ‍♀️

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Dead Aim is actually underrated at this point. The game uses existing RE lore and creates enemies that are creepy and repulsive or imaginative and exotic. The gameplay is not great though. No matter how much you get used to switching views over and over, it still feels wrong.

I would pay for a remaster collection with a few of the lesser known RE titles and see how they look with todays standards.

Top Bottom