• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Aim What do you think of Dead Aim?

Soul Fist

Hey everyone, so I finished this game one month ago for the first time ever. I think the game is beautiful and unique, it's short yet so Resident Evil-like. If you love Resident Evil but want something that's not too hard to play or that long, Dead Aim is the perfect choice!

I also like the main villian, it's kinda weird and funny but the feminie tyrant thing is something really creative and awesome. The game however lacks puzzles.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I loved even if I can't really explain why. I feel like the characters were charming in their own way and I really came to care about them.

Soul Fist

I loved even if I can't really explain why. I feel like the characters were charming in their own way and I really came to care about them.
Yeah, I love both of them. Especially Fong Ling, she's very cool! I love when she first encountered Bruce, she said "Fong Ling, that's my name" and she just ran away :)

Mr.R

Dead Aim is a poor man's RE4. Bruce even uses the same uniform as Leon, bar the gloves. Also, Fong Ling has much of Ada in her. Apart from that, is a nice little game. It's very, very short, but it can be fun. Not only that, but the game looks great for a PS2 era game. The details in the enviroment and especially on the zombies and the way they movie. If this game was a little longer and its gameplay had some more polish along the edges, it could've turned into something really special. The only thing that takes me off that game is the Sephiroth cosplayer villain. Morpheus is a cheesy as they come and probably some of the worst villains in the whole series for me.

Mr.R

@Mr.R Yeah you know, except for the fact that it came out before RE4.

It certainly did, but RE4 was on production way before Dead Aim, which probably include Leon's appearance and wardrobe, which Dead Aim's team might had some inspiration on design Bruce's costume. That, or is a weird and odd coincidence.

Edit: Also, RE4's hookman concept debuted on E3 in 2003, and the same event had Dead Aim revealed so...some inspiration might had happened along the way after all.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Mr.R But if I'm not mistaken, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, RE4 during development didn't look like the released RE4. There were multiple versions of RE4 that were worked on and then discarded before RE4 became what it is so... Yeah.

Mr.R

@Mr.R But if I'm not mistaken, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, RE4 during development didn't look like the released RE4. There were multiple versions of RE4 that were worked on and then discarded before RE4 became what it is so... Yeah.

That's true, but I wasn't exactly talking about the plot or anything else when I said it looked like a poor man's RE4. I was referring more to Bruce's overall look (blonde Us agent with the same clothes as Leon) and a Chinese spy that outwits him all the time. And since Leon's concept and attire on RE4 was probably known by that time (and as far as the concept goes, he didn't changed much, except by his jacket, that is different in the Hookman and castle version from the final one), I think Bruce might took something from him. It was more of the characters and the way they kinda act. I don't think there was any relation to the plot or something like that.

Soul Fist

Dead Aim is a poor man's RE4. Bruce even uses the same uniform as Leon, bar the gloves. Also, Fong Ling has much of Ada in her. Apart from that, is a nice little game. It's very, very short, but it can be fun. Not only that, but the game looks great for a PS2 era game. The details in the enviroment and especially on the zombies and the way they movie. If this game was a little longer and its gameplay had some more polish along the edges, it could've turned into something really special. The only thing that takes me off that game is the Sephiroth cosplayer villain. Morpheus is a cheesy as they come and probably some of the worst villains in the whole series for me.

As the other person have already said, RE4 was indeed in developement since 2000 but Leon's outfit in earlier concepts were nowhere near Bruce. The correction is that Leon inspired by Bruce, not the other around.

And as for Fong Ling and Ada Wong, there are some samilarities. But sorry Ada is far wayy stronger and smarter, Fong Ling just froze and stared at that monster before he hits her.. If it wasn't for Bruce she would never survived XD

Exactly!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Mr.R You act as though they were being developed in the same room. Not trying to be rude but how much creativity does it take to put someone in pants and a t-shirt and throw a holster on them?

In that same respect we could say that RE2R and RE3R borrowed from Tomb Raider because the leads were all wearing a tank top and pants.

Tank tops, t shirts, pants; all pretty standard articles of clothing if you ask me and a holster isn't too far fetched for someone who carries a gun for a living.

The end result of the games was completely different. One stuck to the regular formula and, with a little more time and effort should have been a main entry in my opinion, and the other was an action oriented game that really probably should've been a spin off instead.

Mr.R

@Mr.R You act as though they were being developed in the same room. Not trying to be rude but how much creativity does it take to put someone in pants and a t-shirt and throw a holster on them?

In that same respect we could say that RE2R and RE3R borrowed from Tomb Raider because the leads were all wearing a tank top and pants.

Tank tops, t shirts, pants; all pretty standard articles of clothing if you ask me and a holster isn't too far fetched for someone who carries a gun for a living.

Again, I'm not trying to imply a copycat or anything. I'm just saying Leon and Bruce are similar, as in outfits, hair color and profession and both got outsmarted by an Asian spy. That's all. And even though Dead Aim came first, they were both in development at the same time. That's all. Peace.

Soul Fist

RE 3,5 first video and Dead Aim came out on the same year.

Also, I didn't said Fong Ling was smarter and tougher than Ada (especially because this doesn't matter in the comparison I made)..I said they're similar characters as in Asian spy that outwits the hero. This isn't so hard to understand, is it?
Wow wow rude too much? You attacked me out of nowhere just for saying my opinion, I know you never said something about Fong Ling being stronger or vice versa. I swear you people always want arguments and understand things the way YOU like, I don't know when sharing my own opinions became wrong or something to argue about? All I wanted was just to have fun and discuss about the game I love, while you here attacking me out of nowhere, it's not like I was rude to you, or attacked you?

Awebb

Dead Aim was weird. It scratched the RE itch pretty well back then, but it felt a little cheap. It was definitely more interesting than most light gun shooters, because it had an actual story and free roam gameplay. I took it for what it was: RE Survivor meets Gaiden meets RE4.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I was a big fan of RE: Survivor because I guess I am easily entertained. haha. So when Dead Aim came out, I knew I would enjoy it. The unique tyrant bosses in that game are truly unique to the series and Morphius' final incarnation is very creepy. I know I can't love it as much as the main series titles, but I definitely approve of it. And I wouldn't mind a sequel with a better control scheme. It is HARD to get used to playing that game. haha

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I swear you people always want arguments and understand things the way YOU like, I don't know when sharing my own opinions became wrong or something to argue about?

Not like anyone replied with “no one cares about Dead Aim and no one will”.

Soul Fist

I was a big fan of RE: Survivor because I guess I am easily entertained. haha. So when Dead Aim came out, I knew I would enjoy it. The unique tyrant bosses in that game are truly unique to the series and Morphius' final incarnation is very creepy. I know I can't love it as much as the main series titles, but I definitely approve of it. And I wouldn't mind a sequel with a better control scheme. It is HARD to get used to playing that game. haha

Yeah, TBH I only finished Dead Aim but I have played the 1st one but I was too young back then. And didn't finish the game because I didn't like it, it was boring for me XD. As for Gun Survivors 2, It looked cool especially since Nemisis is there! But unfortunately never tried it out :(

But Dead Aim is a cute short game XD. It has little puzzles, and few files to read.. But the files were enough to make you understand what's going on, and the atmosphere of the game is great, it makes you spooked! But still the shortness of the game is a huge disadvantage :(

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Unfortunately for me - I own 2 copies of Dead Aim for the PS2 and both are too scratched to play! I would love to try it again with modern controls. But I doubt it is even worth Capcom's time.

Soul Fist

Unfortunately for me - I own 2 copies of Dead Aim for the PS2 and both are too scratched to play! I would love to try it again with modern controls. But I doubt it is even worth Capcom's time.
I also own two copies LOL! But the only difference is that one of them still works xD

Awebb

Unless the Xbox finally joins the VR train, anything remotely resembling a lightgun RE game is probably dead. Thanks to LCD, traditional (precise) lightgun is dead and the Wii/PS Move style tracking lightgun wasn't very successful, not even on the Wii. Kinect seems to have been DOA.

Although Revelations scratched that itch to an extend, I'd like to have a proper "classic RE on a boat" that is not from Ubisoft and called "Cold Fear". RE{2,3}R style game, integrating Gaiden and Dead Aim into the main story. I find the protagonists of Dead Aim superfluous, as we already have a Leon and an Ada. The infiltrator type Tyrant in Gaiden was sleek as chrome and the glitched ending of Gaiden would make for a good retcon plot twist for further RE games with Leon. As much as I personally enjoyed playing Dead Aim, it was an inconsequential side story. I don't know if that's enough for a remake, I'd prefer an original story on a boat.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Honestly, I am over boats in RE. Dead Aim, RE5, Revelations, RE7 all have major boat levels/areas. Unless they did something with those titles, no more boats! The boat section of RE7 is where that game started to really drift away from the greatness of the beginning.

But you are definitely right that there is not a big need for Bruce and Fong Ling. At least Fong Ling has a different archetype from Ada. But Bruce is just Leon with different hair. haha.

Top Bottom