• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Do You Think About Silent Hill?

Ag_Hunnigan

Silent Hill is my second favorite horror game frenchise, RE being no. 1. The first is still my favorite. 2, 3 and Homecoming are also good games. The one I really didn't like was 4. :confused:

Ikawaru

Instead of list of favorites in order it's probably something like:

1 > 3
2 > 4

Seems fair, right?

Frag Maniac

Never played any of the originals. I am liking the atmosphere and gameplay of Silent Hill 2 Remake more than I thought I would though. Ideally it would run as well as God of War Ragnarok does and be as playable at 4K on higher end spec, but I have found dropping res to 1440p solves most of the problems. The game looks really good though even at 1440p on a 4K TV, and has more variety of monsters than I thought it would.

I'm playing on Normal and saved all my pistol ammo as long as I could, using just melee against Lying Figures, Manakins, and even the first Nurses. Pyramid Head as I suspected though took a fair bit of ammo, but even after him and the Creepy thing in a cage that drops down from the ceiling, the sections thereafter allowed me to get my pistol and shotgun ammo back up. I just encountered the rifle, but have yet to acquire it.

It's a fairly well designed game, but Bloober, which I call a MacGruber Blooper for fun, seems to be another fledgling PC port team that lack the skill for technical polish on the performance end. Even visually there are already a TON of graphical mods to fix what they messed up on graphical features. Digital Foundry's Alex Battaglia did a video review on it that details this, everything from ghost tails on leaves that cross over RT reflections, to moving wall textures.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Pyramid Head as I suspected though took a fair bit of ammo, but even after him and the Creepy thing in a cage that drops down from the ceiling, the sections thereafter allowed me to get my pistol and shotgun ammo back up. I just encountered the rifle, but have yet to acquire it.
I'm glad you like it. Fun fact though; you don't actually need to fire any shots at Pyramid Head at all, since the fight is more about accepting fate. You can simply run around in circles for 5-10 minutes and eventually he will leave. Those sort of details are what distinguishes Silent Hill from Resident Evil. It's never about the action. It's about psyche.

Frag Maniac

I'm glad you like it. Fun fact though; you don't actually need to fire any shots at Pyramid Head at all, since the fight is more about accepting fate. You can simply run around in circles for 5-10 minutes and eventually he will leave. Those sort of details are what distinguishes Silent Hill from Resident Evil. It's never about the action. It's about psyche.
I was contemplating that during the encounter, and wasn't sure if it was time or damage based. It seemed at one point he went into a rage mode when I really started shooting him a lot, so I was kind of leaning toward damage. That and the fact that ammo was plentiful for resupplying thereafter.

I like reading your responses btw, but I prefer to be kept in suspense about things that affect your survivability, so please use spoiler tags for such info if you would. ;)

Top Bottom