• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) what do you guys think of a RE:3 remake

Mr.R

@Magnolia Grandiflora : That's true! I just hope it's better worked into the game. The original RE3 dodge kinda sucked (or I sucked on trying to do it) and mostly happens on accident (kinda reminds me of the dodge on the first Revelatons, even though I'm still better at it than on RE3). For the RE3Make I only hope they got something more fixed, like a proper button or something.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'd love an RE3 Remake. Since the RE2 Remake hit and provided me with a tense atmosphere I've been missing from RE games, I've been thinking about how cool it'd be to be scared all over again by my childhood nightmare, Nemesis, all over again.

Murrdogg93

I'd absolutely love to have a RE 3 Remake. I never got to play the original, but from the playthroughs I've seen, I feel like I'd really enjoy it. Jill is also one of my favorite characters in the series. I also really enjoyed the way RE 2 Remake was. So if that Remake treatment was given to RE 3, I'm pretty sure it'd be awesome.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My opinion on R3make is a bit different than my opinion on REmake2. Nemesis is my favorite of the original trilogy. Yeah...I like it better than RE2, Said it. So, with that being said...I'm worried about a few things. In REmake2, they made Claire *fugly*, and if they do that with my dear Jill Valentine I'll riot. They already made her look weird once in Revelations. I don't need an ugly Jill with PS4 graphics. Now, Ugly Jill aside, REmake2 took a few liberties. Which, don't get me wrong, I understand for the modern day, but I love Nemesis so god damn much that I don't want them taking as many as they did with 2. I want Nemesis encounters to stay scripted, for example. I want you to still only be able to save with Ink Ribbons. I want Carlos to still have a heavy accent and sound like a young kid, because it's a great juxtaposition to Jill's level headed maturity. As much as I love Umbrella Chronicles, they did Carlos dirty. I know these all seem like little things. But they're all part of RE3 to me, and these are the kinds of changes I know they'd make, that I worry will make my experience lesser.

Basically...I'm open to the idea of R3make. But I'm far more apprehensive about it than I was for REmake2.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Am I the only one who thought the Claire model was kind of pretty in RE2 REmake? Leon and Ada both look GREAT, but Claire is up there with them in my opinion.

Anyway, if we're looking back at RE3 - Nemesis has both scripted AND random encounters which I think is great. Since he is a lead character in the story, I feel like he would have to have his scripted moments. But I don't mind the idea of him terrorizing me in the streets as well. I relish the idea in fact. I can't wait to see his end of era PS4 gross face. lol

Murrdogg93

Am I the only one who thought the Claire model was kind of pretty in RE2 REmake? Leon and Ada both look GREAT, but Claire is up there with them in my opinion.

Anyway, if we're looking back at RE3 - Nemesis has both scripted AND random encounters which I think is great. Since he is a lead character in the story, I feel like he would have to have his scripted moments. But I don't mind the idea of him terrorizing me in the streets as well. I relish the idea in fact. I can't wait to see his end of era PS4 gross face. lol
I right there with on Claire. I thought she looked good. I'm not the only one who thought that from who I've talked to.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer

I think the way to keep things fresh while at the same time respecting the original, would be to have Nemesis scripted moments inside buildings and non-scripted stalking in the streets of Raccoon City. This would be a contrast to RE2 remake (where Mr. X's encounters inside RPD was non-scripted), but also something new (Mr. X. didn't stalk you outside RPD). Obviously, the streets of Raccoon City will be a much bigger and explorable area in the remake, and it would be amazing to utilize modern technology and make certain streets randomly generated in order to evoke a sense of fear and confusion when Nemesis is stalking you.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That's exactly what I am saying: Murrdogg AND Jonipoon.

Claire is different, but still looks great!

Nemesis could be everything to us.

Additionally, I hope RE3 has more enemy types in it. Even with the upgraded zombies from RE2 REMake - Brainsuckers and Drain Deimos are too similar in their design. Get rid of one and give us other, newer enemy types!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think the way to keep things fresh while at the same time respecting the original, would be to have Nemesis scripted moments inside buildings and non-scripted stalking in the streets of Raccoon City. This would be a contrast to RE2 remake (where Mr. X's encounters inside RPD was non-scripted), but also something new (Mr. X. didn't stalk you outside RPD). Obviously, the streets of Raccoon City will be a much bigger and explorable area in the remake, and it would be amazing to utilize modern technology and make certain streets randomly generated in order to evoke a sense of fear and confusion when Nemesis is stalking you.
See, maybe I'm strange but, I wouldn't want Nemesis stalking you while on the streets because that means you get to take in less of what the remade Raccoon City is. RE3 gave us SO MUCH of the city, and it would suck to not have time to sit and appreciate it because we're being chased by Nemesis. But I'm an exploration junkie, and don't want that experience hindered. That's really my only worry when it comes to Nemesis stalking the streets.

Last edited:

Murrdogg93

See, maybe I'm strange but, I wouldn't want Nemesis stalking you while on the streets because that means you get to take in less of what they remade Raccoon City is. RE3 gave us SO MUCH of the city, and it would suck to not have time to sit and appreciate it because we're being chased by Nemesis. But I'm an exploration junkie, and don't want that experience hindered. That's really my only worry when it comes to Nemesis stalking the streets.
I completely understand that. RE 3 of all games have us the most Raccoon City has to offer. Gotta take all of it in.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I think they released some very unflattering stills of Claire before Remake 2, and that's when everyone thought she looked ugly. However, once I saw her in the game and animated, her look really grew on me, as did her voice actress.

As for Nemesis, I don't want him necessarily following you everywhere like Mr X because we have Mr X in Remake 2 for that. Give us maybe one or two random moments where he appears, but make it mostly scripted, and I think that would be great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom