• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) what do you guys think of a RE:3 remake

xEPIC_FENIXx

i heard they are working on a RE:3..if they are,I hope they give it the RE:2 remake treatment.what do you guys think about it.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I'd love a REmake 3 if it's done in the same vein as REmake 2, my biggest concern however is if the devs will screw up the continuity even more than they did with REmake 2.
Though there wouldn't be much of a cause to as like the original, REmake 2 told 2 parallel stories of 2 different characters while REmake 3 would focus entirely on Jill's story, allowing for a more straightforward campaign.

The biggest question however is how they're gonna tackle Nemesis.
How I would do it is I'd give the game a slightly faster pace and a more combat oriented gameplay style, allowing Jill to dodge, counter, sprint and such, seeing as Nemesis could run, jump, dash and of course have ranged attacks, Jill would need to use her STARS training to best Nemesis.
While that does have the danger of being a copy/paste of the Ustanak mechanics I think the devs could find a middle ground.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think we can all say that RE3 REmake is confirmed by now. And I seriously think it will be great.

All of the errors they made in the RE2 REmake can't be made in RE3 since RE3 has only one long scenario to deal with. That will be so satisfying - to play - and not to worry about what the continuity of the game is. I hope they do it similar to the RE2 REmake in the fact that they can take elements we love about the original and then add new locations and revamped areas to keep us guessing.

As for Nemesis, I do hope for a more aggressive Mr. X with the ability to follow us for segments and scare the bejesus out of us. haha

Last edited:

Ark2000

I guess the biggest thing i want to see in RE 3 remake is lot more of the Raccoon City and different locations, which Jill could go back to at anytime, and maybe even have some of those to be safe houses, like in The Evil Within 2 for example.

I also hope that Capcom will keep most of the creatures, because i would really like to see how different the spiders, Hunters, Grave Digger, Drain Deimos and Brain Sucker would look like in remake.

Other than that, i just hope that the game will focus more on horror instead of action and that it will have a great creepy atmosphere. I think i mentioned this in another thread, but it would have been really cool to see how different the city would look like in second half of the game after Carlos cures Jill and she wakes up since it takes place few days after her previous fight with Nemesis, and by then the city should look really dark without much street lights or anything, and with more creatures on the streets than before.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Of course I'd be for it. I'd love to see RE3 get the REmake 2 treatment with more locations added.

If they ever do REmake3 (which sounds like a given at this point), they should get Julia Voth, who was the mo-cap actress for Jill to do the character scan, though that would lead to a situation where Jill is the only character who's REmake model is exactly the same as her original counterpart using the RE engine (though Ada's REmake 2 model is pretty close in resemblance to her OG RE2 model).

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
What I want to see is a much longer campaign and larger levels. For example, levels like the hospital has so much potential if you add more rooms, multiple floors, more puzzles and new enemies.

Also, the streets of Raccoon City has to be quite wider than in the original, and some of the bizarre puzzles should be replaced with more logical solutions to opening doors.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I personally couldn't stand the original Nemesis, but if/when they do remake it I'm willing to give it a shot, especially if they give it the treatment they gave RE2. I'll probably just wait until it drops in price a little.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
What I want to see is a much longer campaign and larger levels. For example, levels like the hospital has so much potential if you add more rooms, multiple floors, more puzzles and new enemies.

Also, the streets of Raccoon City has to be quite wider than in the original, and some of the bizarre puzzles should be replaced with more logical solutions to opening doors.

I don't know if I want SUPER logical solutions. It makes sense in RE3, sure. But there is just something creepy about collecting gems to use as a key or triggering traps. Maybe the Clocktower could be expanded on too.

Jonipoon

I don't know if I want SUPER logical solutions. It makes sense in RE3, sure. But there is just something creepy about collecting gems to use as a key or triggering traps. Maybe the Clocktower could be expanded on too.
Yeah, what I mean is that I like collecting strange items and keys in order to unlock doors inside buildings, well in buildings where it makes sense. Places where strange items would fit would be the RPD (obviously), the clocktower, the park and the abandoned factory. However when roaming the streets and places like restaurants, shops, and so on, I would appreciate if the solution to unlocking doors is more logical.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I would love a Nemesis remake, I think it would definitely make the game more playable. Even though I enjoyed the game overall, I always felt like Nemesis was a bit hard to play and immerse yourself in. (Code Veronica suffers from this as well.) The tank controls, while fine for the original two and the prequel, didn't hold up well against Nemesis and the sort of control you needed to have over your character for certain situations with him.

Jonipoon

I would love a Nemesis remake, I think it would definitely make the game more playable. Even though I enjoyed the game overall, I always felt like Nemesis was a bit hard to play and immerse yourself in. (Code Veronica suffers from this as well.) The tank controls, while fine for the original two and the prequel, didn't hold up well against Nemesis and the sort of control you needed to have over your character for certain situations with him.
With modern controls Capcom would definitely be able to utilize Nemesis to the fullest, without making it too difficult for average players. The question, however, is how Nemesis would work in a non-scripted environment if he's still able to run faster than you. There'd have to be some way of you being able to take cover or escape temporarily (like with Mr. X in RE2 remake). One solution would be if the game offered you a limited amount of instant take-down grenades for Nemesis, perhaps only 3, so you'd have to use them strategically throughout the game and choose where to use them. Of course, on hardcore mode such instant take-down grenades should be limited to only 1.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jonipoon Well I'm going to assume that a Nemesis remake would include defensive weapons as well so you'd be able to use flash grenades to your advantage. There's also a little difference between Nemesis and Mr. X: you were never supposed to go toe to toe with Mr. X until the final boss battle. With Nemesis, on the other hand, there are scripted moments where you ARE supposed to fight him - or flee if you so choose.

Nemesis can run quite fast, that's for sure, but you can get away from him. I for one never confronted him until I absolutely had to and spent most of my encounters with him either running away or luring him into his lunging, sweep attack so that I could gain some distance. It is nerve wracking and he is much faster than Mr. X but you can avoid him so I wouldn't say that they would have to give you an extra weapon to deal with him. (I'm also sure that they would handle his difficulty the same as they did Mr. X's difficulty in the RE2 Remake; different difficulties = different speeds.)

Jonipoon

you were never supposed to go toe to toe with Mr. X until the final boss battle. With Nemesis, on the other hand, there are scripted moments where you ARE supposed to fight him - or flee if you so choose.
I know that, but I don't think scripted moments is the way to go in a modern remake. Even though you don't go toe to toe with Mr. X until the final boss battle, most of his other appearances throughout the RPD are non-scripted and pop up randomly. In the 1998 original however, all of his appearances were scripted.

So I think they HAVE to change the way the encounters with Nemesis work in a RE3 remake. Yes, his place in the game is very different from Mr. X in RE2, but if he only ever pops up at certain points... How would that work with fully open levels?

Also, I don't think the choice menu from RE3, for example "Hide in the basement - Hide in the kitchen", would translate well into a modern game. Gameplay nowadays have to have a certain flow, and such choice menus would slow down the pace too much.

The way they could do it would be to have him pop up at a certain amount of times in the game where you have to fight him, lets say around 10 times. However, the game would be constructed in a way so that there would be over 50 possible places for him to pop out. So every playthrough would basically be completely different. And since there would be so many possible places for him to pop up, the levels would be constructed in a way that allows you to roam around freely while still being chased by Nemesis.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jonipoon They could still handle Nemesis in the same way as they did Mr. X and everything would be fine. Mr. X has a certain trigger point and certain areas that he cannot enter. I imagine that Nemesis would be handled in the exact same manner and I honestly don't see a problem with it.

Nemesis is literally Mr. X just with a more specific mission set and a rocket launcher.

Jonipoon

@Magnolia Grandiflora True that, but that's also basically what I meant. I simply suggested that the encounters with Nemesis shouldn't be reduced to a certain small area that you must keep running around until Nemesis is dead (for time being, until next encounter).

Also... it would be quite terrifying if Nemesis becomes the first enemy in the history of the series that's able to follow you into save rooms. Ugh. Or maybe only certain save rooms. :p

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jonipoon I don't think it would be that bad, especially if it was only certain save rooms. I'm not sure if they would do that, though. Usually save rooms and boxes are sacred. (I wouldn't put it past them to move classic save rooms, though - like they did with the RE2 Remake.)

Mr.R

I think that RE3Remake would need some kind of dodge move, however (I mean, if we assume that Nemesis will be faster and have more attack options than MR.X, Jill needs to gain something too). Even if it's something simple like the dodge button in Revelations 2, which have very few I-frames and that you need to time it properly. It would be a good adition and it would reflect better on the fact that Jill is more experienced and trained than Leon and Claire, so a dodging move for her wouldn't be so out of place.

Jonipoon

I think that RE3Remake would need some kind of dodge move, however (I mean, if we assume that Nemesis will be faster and have more attack options than MR.X, Jill needs to gain something too). Even if it's something simple like the dodge button in Revelations 2, which have very few I-frames and that you need to time it properly. It would be a good adition and it would reflect better on the fact that Jill is more experienced and trained than Leon and Claire, so a dodging move for her wouldn't be so out of place.
I like that, since it could be used for the other monsters as well. Especially if the zombies become faster and more powerful 2 days after Jill wakes up.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Interesting point Jonipoon - So, really, there are two concepts they have played with.

The original RE3 Nemesis boasted sprinting zombies due to them being more recently infected.

However, as you have pointed out - we do have evidence in the series of zombies growing more powerful as their conditions grow more dire - ESPECIALLY those contaiminated with V-Act. This evolution ranges from crimson heads to the more deadly lickers. Hmmm, wonder how they will handle the transition.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Considering that the original Nemesis title included a dodge button, I don't see why the remake wouldn't feature one.

Top Bottom